It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea may be preparing missile launch, South Korea says.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Give them a little while longer and SBX and THAAD will be there as well as the 2 Burkes. I think SBX is probably there already, but THAAD will take a little longer to move out to Guam.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Give them a little while longer and SBX and THAAD will be there as well as the 2 Burkes. I think SBX is probably there already, but THAAD will take a little longer to move out to Guam.

Yes you're right! I forgot about the SBX. One more reason for SK to shut up with this nonsense panic over one or two musudans.

Its not like its an overwhelming and overloading barrage of them... its 1 or 2 or whatever... ok, so maybe 3. One burke alone can track and engage 100 or more... This is nonsense really. "oh but it only takes only one to overload and get through the defenses!!! And the SBX failed in 2010"

Ok... panic at will. Weapons free.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yeah, and every failure pointed out, except one, was with the kill vehicle itself. The only failure that wasn't WAS the SBX, but a simple software fix corrected that.

But I agree, the ROK needs to shut it and stop whining. I understand their fears, but they have two Burkes with SM-3s and an incredibly successful system in place, and a long range radar that could probably just about track them from Hawaii in the area to help the Burkes out. Get over it.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by caladonea

Hi Caladonea -

It wasn't said by a newscaster. The news program in progress sported a red ‘special announcement’ marquee reading ‘Korea North will send missiles (bomb) Seoul 10/4’

Please excuse my mistake in using the word ‘said’ in my original post that led to the confusion.

Let me look for the replay of the newscast and I’ll post the report here.

peace

edit on 7-4-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

S. Korea says N. Korea may fire missiles around Wednesday

SEOUL, April 7 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's presidential office said Sunday Pyongyang may make additional provocations, including missile test-fires, before or after Wednesday, the deadline it has provided to foreign countries for requesting help in evacuating their embassies from the communist country.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
edit on 7-4-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join