North Korea may be preparing missile launch, South Korea says.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
South Korea says to expect North Korea to launch a missile. Has this come from intelligent sources ? or is it just S. Korea speculating.

Here is a few news references

news.nationalpost.com...
www.nytimes.com...
online.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Good sources . Heres a quote from one of the articles;

"His description suggests that the missile could be the Musudan missile,
capable of striking American bases in Guam with its estimated range of up to 4,000 kilometers"

At the risk of sounding like a smart ass I'd like to say
if any of their previous launches are an indicator,
It can be translated as.....

Stand back at least 30 feet....
As that's about how far, that missle will go.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
South Korea has always been slightly paranoid when it comes to North Korea's activities, and I do not blame them. Due to North Korea's increasing aggression, recent speculation has increased significantly leading to a waterfall of information. This is making it difficult to sort rumors from fact. My advice is to stay calm and carry on.

See: Kim Jong Un is owning the media right now

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
They first reported two of these missiles had moved to the east coast......
maybe this ones a decoy, and the next ones the charm?
IDK at this point whos really driving all this...but theres definately some behind the scenes activity by an "interested party" or two......
The Idea of another Korean war, not so much as maybe "other moves elsewhere" going down....
I am uneasy for some why reason....like we are working in the dark juggling an unknown number of objects.....

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There was a special report on the television here this afternoon.
The news here in Sicily, Italy came right out and said that Korea North will bomb Seoul on 10/4.
Then it was back to the Sunday shows.
Wow.

peace

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well personally if I lived in SK i wouold be a little concerned myself. I keep watching the news hoping to see that fat kid throw a tantrum while that old guy always over his shoulder spanks his ass. When will China step an and say enough already. Take him out and take over NK. thats what needs to happen. Until thenm the Media will keep feeding Kimmy his 5 minutes of fame and he will do nothing but fatten his own gut while his people starve. Dennis rodman was just there, he shoulda took one for the team round house to the head BAM!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingfixr
Dennis rodman was just there, he shoulda took one for the team round house to the head BAM!!!

With all due respect to Mr. Rodman, the quote "birds of a feather flock together" comes to mind. They (Rodman and Un) are both eccentric characters in the sense that they defy conventional boundaries.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
South Korea says to expect North Korea to launch a missile. Has this come from intelligent sources ? or is it just S. Korea speculating.

Here is a few news references

news.nationalpost.com...
www.nytimes.com...
online.wsj.com...

IIRC, all those same sources told us Saddam had nuclear weapons. And I think it was those same sources (plus others) who've been claiming since 1985 that Iran is "only months away" from having a nuclear weapon. Be afraid, be very afraid.

We keep falling for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Yes you are right. Wishful thinking on my part....Damn it I really need to stop watching Van Damme Movies lmao

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Seems to be getting a lot harder to deny an attack is coming isn't it? I say wishful thinking to say this is all just hot air but I wonder why North Korea is being so blatant as to what they are going to do, you'd think they'd try for a bit more secrecy. But, I suppose it is Kim thinking there is no need for secrecy when you have a huge ass army (If poorly armed.)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
with all the aegis there and south korea is worried that the north will launch A missile?

REALLY? Oh no... please dont launch THAT missile. Anything but THAT missile.

Actually heres 2 or 3 of those... oh the humanity!

< sigh > south korea kinda deserves a wake up bitch slap too...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Problem NK and Iran both want Nukes...

Solution: Gift wrap two and send them 20 minute air delivery, postage stamed "NO RETURNS" to each country. if you can catch it you can keep it....

Problem solved. We didnt bomb them we gave them a gift.

I know a little bit childish, but hey i needed a smile

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
The news here in Sicily, Italy came right out and said that Korea North will bomb Seoul on 10/4.
Wow.

peace

This is why they think that :

North Korea advised the Russian and British embassies in Pyongyang today evacuate their staff, saying their safety could be at risk "in the event of conflict from April 10."

Possible launches are expected to be tests rather than targeted strikes, and may be timed to coincide with the 101st anniversary of the birth of North Korea's founding father, Kim Il-sung, on 15 April.

abcnews.go.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 7-4-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Wow.

peace

So...the news caster said: "that Korea North will bomb Seoul on 10/4." like it was a solid fact that this is going to happen?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

He thinks he can do a better job then Obama ?

Good luck with that !

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LMAO...I seen that on face book yesterday. I love it...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Hi Caladonea -

It wasn't said by a newscaster. The news program in progress sported a red ‘special announcement’ marquee reading ‘Korea North will send missiles (bomb) Seoul 10/4’

Please excuse my mistake in using the word ‘said’ in my original post that led to the confusion.

Let me look for the replay of the newscast and I’ll post the report here.

peace

edit on 7-4-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
S.Korea PARANOID???!!!

How many MORE innocent S.koreans are to be sacrificed by the animals from N.Korea before justice be served?

Those bast*rds that rule in N.Korean HAD ALWAYS FOLLOWED UP with their threats.

Terrorists blowing up planes and assasinations of S.korean political leaders.

Bombing of S.Korean ship on S.Korean waters.

Massive bombardments on S.Korean islands,

Build nukes and ICBMs when they promised not to so do, etc.

What next ? Till those wild beasts from N.Korea had nuke S.Korea, or Japan, or our oceans contaminating them with radio active isotopes flowing with its currents around the world, and only then will those who trust NK agents, fools and idiots who screamed 'SK paranioa' to justify for inaction, wake up???!!!
edit on 7-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I could not resist.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

WHOAAAA!!!! Beasts? really dude? I mean C'mon MANNN!!! Beasts, that is a little exagerated dont you think? Out dated missles, tanks, aircraft beasts is not the term i would use, more like annoying gnat nah mosquito...every once in a while it hurts just a tad. They remind me of my wifes Chiuahua a whole lot of bark but when hollered at they limp away shaking staring at you like they about to cry... Beasts??? Beasts C'Mon man!!!!!

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join