It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by truejew

No, because it's clear in the New Testament that Jesus was the LORD/YWHW, so there was no longer a need to use those terms/names any longer.

Jesus never claimed to be YHWH. He claim to be EhJeh asher EhJeh.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Guess what? YHWH claimed to be I AM too. They are one and the same.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Guess what? YHWH claimed to be I AM too. They are one and the same.

I am not interested in who YHWH/Baal claims to be. I am interested in who Jesus Christ claims to be.

The facts are, Jesus, the NT writers, and the apostles never used YHWH/LORD and used the Septuagint which did not include YHWH/LORD.

Here is Luke quoting Esaias 61:1...

Luke 4:18 KJV
[18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Here is Esaias 61:1 from Brenton's Septuagint translation...

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me; he has sent me to preach glad tidings to the poor, to heal the broken in heart, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind;

Here is Isiah 61:1 from KJV...

Isaiah 61:1 KJV
[1] The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Notice that YHWH/GOD/LORD found in the KJV are absent from both Luke's quote and the Septuagint.

edit on 26-8-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I am not interested in who YHWH/Baal claims to be. I am interested in who Jesus Christ claims to be.

It doesn't matter what you're interested in. YWHW and Jesus both claimed to be "I AM" because they were one and the same. Jesus was YWHW in the flesh.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

It doesn't matter what you're interested in. YWHW and Jesus both claimed to be "I AM" because they were one and the same. Jesus was YWHW in the flesh.

Can you show me where in scripture a god named YHWH claims to be "I AM".

BTW, you may have missed my edit to my previous post.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Go back and do a keyword search in the Bible for "Spirit of the Lord" and you'll find that "Spirit" is capitalized in both the Old Testament and the New Testament because they are referring to the same Spirit. The Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Exodus 3:14-15

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Go back and do a keyword search in the Bible for "Spirit of the Lord" and you'll find that "Spirit" is capitalized in both the Old Testament and the New Testament because they are referring to the same Spirit. The Holy Spirit.

That does not answer my question. Where in scripture do we see a god named YHWH claiming to be "I AM"?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I just quoted it in Exodus 3, where it says LORD God. Notice LORD in all caps.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Exodus 3:14-15

14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

The Septuagint says kurios in the Greek and is translated into English as "Lord God".

Here is Brenton's English translation...

14 And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you. 15 And God said again to Moses, Thus shalt thou say to the sons of Israel, The Lord God of our fathers, the God of Abraam, and God of Isaac, and God of Jacob, has sent me to you: this is my name for ever, and my memorial to generations of generations.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Do you have a link for that? I'd like to take a look at it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I wonder where the word Pope came from as it is not recorded in scriptures.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Older Jewish manuscripts of the Septuagint often had the letters YHWH or a space within the Greek text

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Do you have a link for that? I'd like to take a look at it.

Brenton's English translation can be seen here: www.ecmarsh.com...

That "Lord God" is translated from kurios comes from a copy of Brenton's translation that includes the Greek that I bought on Amazon.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Older Jewish manuscripts of the Septuagint often had the letters YHWH or a space within the Greek text

en.wikipedia.org...

The truth remains that when Luke quoted Esaias/Isaiah 61:1 in Luke 4:18, his quote left out YHWH/GOD/LORD.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Double

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBrother
reply to post by Snsoc

I wonder where the word Pope came from as it is not recorded in scriptures.

I would be more concerned with the concept of a pope not being found in Scripture. The Church was never meant to have a single human leader. That is why Jesus set it up with 12 apostles and why there is a five fold ministry.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What can natural baptism do you as a person? Does it change you? What is better being sprinkled or submerged? Maybe both!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBrother
What can natural baptism do you as a person? Does it change you? What is better being sprinkled or submerged? Maybe both!

It is during water baptism that sins are remitted through faith. Remission of sins does change a person. The only way to be baptized is by single immersion in the name of Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The truth remains that when Luke quoted Esaias/Isaiah 61:1 in Luke 4:18, his quote left out YHWH/GOD/LORD.

The truth remains that if Luke 4:18 is quoting Isaiah 61:1, as shown below...

Isaiah 61:1

61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Luke 4:17-18

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

...then it's referring to the same "Spirit", within the LORD (YWHW) that anointed Isaiah, as it clearly states in Isaiah 61:1.

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join