It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dream: China bombing mainland Britain - I now want a bug out strategy,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by HelenConway

is it a recurring dream or a once off?

It was a one off - and I am sure it was just triggered by ATS / news etc.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by johnb
What purpose would China have to bomb a small insignificant island that is on the opposite side of the world?

Think they are more interested in all the islands near them - Taiwan etc

Not so...

The UK has more than the ability to destroy China via our own arsenals of nuclear, chemical and more importantly, biological weapons to which we are the world leaders... This alone would make us a prime target.. Not to mention the fact that China has a very long memory and owes the UK a few licks to settle honour..

Evan - how realistic is the scenerio of my dream ?
Would it be possible for them to bomb Britain ? How would they be able to surprise attack us ?

China doesn't have a blue-water navy to try such a move. Russia however does have the capability...
edit on 7-4-2013 by WatchRider because: Moving section of text.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Europe is probably the hardest part of the world for China to bomb, it's the other side of the world and blocked by powerful nations either side of it, it just wouldn't happen. I also doubt China has interest in bombing Britain, when it has much more targets closer to home.
As to why have Britain disarmed so much, what do they need a military for? No enemies in Europe or across the Atlantic, and Russia is a trade partner now instead of a potential invading force. Also Europe can live under the US military umbrella to an extent and doesn't have to spend as much on their own military

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

I think Britain has potentially very serious enemies in Europe - definitely. Germany rising again militarily is of great concern. Sharing resources with France is a mistake for many many reasons.

We cannot rely on America - we have been on our own in two world wars for many years before America intervened - imagine if we relied on her umbrella then - we would all be speaking German - it may happen anyway, by default.

We need a strong military.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by johnb
?

China doesn't have a blue-water navy to try such a move. Russia however does have the capability...
edit on 7-4-2013 by WatchRider because: Moving section of text.

Russia would not want MAD though - they would not be so stupid.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Britain is already probably the strongest military power with Europe, there's no need to up military spending in peace time, especially given the current economic situation. I'm sure if there was a rise in German threat and power it wouldn't be hard to for Britain to re-arm. The EU is probably too interwoven, and its population to comfortable and used to luxury for there to be a serious war in Europe again, not to mention the memory of the destruction the previous 2 wars brought, ending Europes place at the top

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

I think Britain has potentially very serious enemies in Europe - definitely. Germany rising again militarily is of great concern. Sharing resources with France is a mistake for many many reasons.

We cannot rely on America - we have been on our own in two world wars for many years before America intervened - imagine if we relied on her umbrella then - we would all be speaking German - it may happen anyway, by default.

We need a strong military.

One thing I would recommend is that you research the defence of these Isles down through the ages... it might surprise you. A little look at the strategy known as Defence in depth might help you view this somewhat differently.

Besides, always remember most of us have a blue peter badge in something... and we all know you can create just about anything with a toilet roll and a bit of sticky tape... the Sten Gun is a great example of that thought process...

While the French where testing PAMMS from their warships, we on the other hand had Longbow.. an old barge converted into an Anti-Air platform, just imagine a few Longbows around our shores with multiple sylvers of block 2 Aster anti-ballistic missiles, and we would have a pretty effective air defence platform.

But I honestly don't think it would come to that.. we are where the cash is flowing to at the moment.. plans afoot for the worlds largest indoor aqua park in Sussex and a competitor to Disneyland Paris in Kent.. both show massive investment into the UK.. amongst many projects that run along the lines of the scale of the shard..

In my opinion no one invests money in recreational facilities in a potential war zone, well, not unless they where planning on offering *cough* professional recreational services for the armed forces
which I assume in this day and age would get sponsorship from Durex

edit on 8/4/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

There is ZERO chance of China bombing Britain. It would be committing national suicide. NATO, certainly led by the US, would destroy the Chinese war machine in a matter of days (the Chinese don't have much of a navy). In fact, the only 2 nations on Earth I think China could get away with bombing any time soon would be Iran and North Korea, hehehe.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

learning chinese would help.
i envision china spreading about two or threehundred million chinese people around the globe or to whatever place of destination to fulfill the task of taking one or more countries.
china doesn't need bombs they got people.lots of people.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rvrsmd

learning chinese would help.
i envision china spreading about two or threehundred million chinese people around the globe or to whatever place of destination to fulfill the task of taking one or more countries.
china doesn't need bombs they got people.lots of people.

Oh Job's comforter .... cheer me up !

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Helen if you ever get that frightened just hop on a wee boat and come over to N.Ireland i think folks will leave us alone over here as they think we run around killing each other anyway lol, we don't by the way i myself live in a lovely wee toon and have friends of all religions and we all help each other out when needed so just pack a bag you will be more than welcome

You can even bring your cat or dog if you have one there's lots of nice fields and mountains to scramble over with them (well the dog anyway)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

That is definitely West and it is a lovely place, I was there once - gorgeous

I might just do that BTW.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Tapping into your past, I wouldn't doubt that. Aircraft bombing and gas attacks. Pretty frightening, especially when it has already happened twice in the past, at least. Hope your over the willies. I hope you have a wonderful dream the next time, balance it out. And when my lovely Scotts wife and I have our tea today, we'll raise a glass to you, the people with hearts of oak!

edit on 12/4/2013 by CarbonBase because: speling

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i'd forget the bug out strategy op, you dont seem very bright, no point delaying the inevitable.

don't listen to your dream's/forget your dream's. don't you think there's a natural reason you mostly forget dream's?

(stupid thread gets stupid answer)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
i'd forget the bug out strategy op, you dont seem very bright, no point delaying the inevitable.

yes I am as thick as pig poo - do you have a problem with that ? Lucky we are in good company me and you
It is illegal to discrimate against people with learning difficulties you know, so please don't.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
Tapping into your past, I wouldn't doubt that. Aircraft bombing and gas attacks. Pretty frightening, especially when it has already happened twice in the past, at least. Hope your over the willies. I hope you have a wonderful dream the next time, balance it out. And when my lovely Scotts wife and I have our tea today, we'll raise a glass to you, the people with hearts of oak!

edit on 12/4/2013 by CarbonBase because: speling

thank you for your good wishes. Yes I am over that dream ish.

However - it has really got me thinking, particulaly about how we take our safety for granted and that war torn countries are always ' over there'.

Maybe that will not always be the case.

They say the summer of 1914 was glorious - little did they know...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Welcome to the dark side, Helen.

Now you get to suffer with worry and anxiety of our global future like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I worry - but I try to see the positive, but I worry alright .. for our children,, our children;s children, all the creatures of the earth, the trees and forests, for the seas and rivers. Yea I worry don;t doubt that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

edit on 12-4-2013 by Rikku because: cant talk to brick wall's.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

edit on 12-4-2013 by Rikku because: cant talk to brick wall's.

you cant talk to brick walls hey ?
OK well thank you for your contribution.
In the dream the walls were being bombed I was taking shelter behind them

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join