My Dream: China bombing mainland Britain - I now want a bug out strategy,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I need to get a bug out bag .. because I had the most disturbing dream, I hope it is fantasy.

Topline - I was in a city, London and suddenly there were aircrafts dropping bombs. They were Chinese, they were destroying the city, it was terrifying. It was a surprise attack, there was no retaliation.

Then they were flying low and releasing some sort of blue gas, it was some sort of toxin. It was more involved then that but this was the nuts and bolts of what happened, I woke up terrified and resolved to the idea that i needed a bug out bag and a bit of a plan should something like this eventuate.

I am the last person that is likely to generally say this, so it is some indication of how powerful that dream was.

I woke up and thought ' what if there was another war' ' what would I do if mainland Britain was bombed again'.

Bear in mind that I live in a city that was destroyed 70 years ago and was basically reduced to rubble in many parts.. so maybe I am picking up on some of the local collective consciousness, who knows?

How likely is it that China has the capability to do this?

Why has Britain disarmed to the degree that it has over the past 20 years?

A strong military is good IMO, it is a good defensive / protective strategy.

Why has China been allowed to build up her military capability, whilst the rest of the Western world world either disarms or is engaged in conflicts elsewhere.

Unilateral military strength is very scary, especially as China the sleeping dragon has not yet fully woken and has the biggest army in the world!!

edit on 6-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I live on the Southern Coast and know in the event of any trouble the roads around here would be snarled up... my first option is to take to the sea, but I do have bug out panniers should that not work.. as I know it'll be quicker cycling than on foot or stuck in a car on one of the roads..

A pannier does hold a lot, and all the kids and my other half have similar bug out panniers, my excuse if that it gives us a moments notice to go cycling over the downs and camp where ever we want... to them they are their fun bags, to me they double as bug out bags.

I can't help but feel that where ever anyone is on these Isles moving around them is going to be difficult when it hits the fan, which leaves biking it a very viable option..

Sorry if this was not what you where after.

ETA:
As for the chances of war, I think the longer this economic war and social conflict goes on the chances we'll end up in a full blown conflict grow... once I start to see some real new wealth creation schemes, infrastructure rebuilding and decent job growth then I think my bug out panniers will only be used for fun weekends camping,
edit on 6/4/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What purpose would China have to bomb a small insignificant island that is on the opposite side of the world?

Think they are more interested in all the islands near them - Taiwan etc

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

So I was thinking a strong rucksack, a sleeping bag [ eider down ], a solar light, a pen knife, a pan / cup combo and some form of heat, water filter and carrying bottle, A radio, solar charger for phones etc. Maps, compass, penknife, hunting knife, rope. Kindle, laptop cover, camera cover / protector - extra sim cards/ memory cards [ ?]
Torch - at least 3. With reusable batteries. lighter and refill.

Suitable clothes - such as would be suitable for walking / trekking.

First Aid kit: suture material, iodine spray, peroxide, bandages, saline, antibiotics, analgesics.

Dried food and energy bars - enough for several weeks.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I meant to say the message I got in the dream was ' HEAD WEST'.

I agree bugging out in Britain has to take into account the crowded nature of these islands [ these days].

It would involve collaboration and team work definitely in the long term.

The sea - is a good option, maybe, but it can also mean if you become a target, you are very vulnerable and cannot hide.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
What purpose would China have to bomb a small insignificant island that is on the opposite side of the world?

I do not know - I just know the aircrafts were Chinese, it was not expected and they came in for the kill.

In my dream I sensed they has been planning this for years, playing the long game and watching whilst Britain disarmed.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

your better have a escape plan to Australia ready!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

your better have a escape plan to Australia ready!

I plan to work in Australia soon actually for a year

When I awoke - I thought of Australia and it was not good.
If Britain went down courtesy of China - Australia would too.

I believe Australia has been on China's wishlist for a long time.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

My first option is a 50ft cat, most of which are self contained, but contain enough space for a small crew, while being big enough to survive in blue water, plus small enough not to be a particular target..

If that is a no go, and I need to get out, then I'll be taking the family (and friends) mountain biking over the downs and heading which ever direction if safest..

If you go camping then I am sure you have a lot of what you might need, if not I am sure others more qualified then I can comment on what you (and your group) might need.

I am sure it won't come this, however given the world seemingly going to hell in a handcart as my American Colleagues say it is always best to be prepared.. hope you find some solace today with such an unpleasant dream :up

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Which part of Australia you travelling to? . Im in adelaide which is practically at south pole.

Australias a big desert just how do you think they would be able to take us down?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Not so...

The UK has more than the ability to destroy China via our own arsenals of nuclear, chemical and more importantly, biological weapons to which we are the world leaders... This alone would make us a prime target.. Not to mention the fact that China has a very long memory and owes the UK a few licks to settle honour..

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You would need to head West from Sussex / Hants you cannot go North or East.. not for optimal chances.
I remember in my dream lots of thoughts:

It was not expected, Britain was on her own - mainland Europe was NOT attacked and did NOT help us. Australia was also in trouble. I remember thinking that we have been betrayed by our govts who disarmed us ..we could not defend ourselves our once proud RAF has been reduced to a tiny little few air crafts.

Also we do not have factories and steel works to build more ships and planes.

Chinese soldiers were also parachuting in - it was terrifying.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Which part of Australia you travelling to? . Im in adelaide which is practically at south pole.

Australias a big desert just how do you think they would be able to take us down?

I plan to work in the outback for a year and also do a masters degree - I am not sure where, I am open. Depends where I get a job

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Not so...

The UK has more than the ability to destroy China via our own arsenals of nuclear, chemical and more importantly, biological weapons to which we are the world leaders... This alone would make us a prime target.. Not to mention the fact that China has a very long memory and owes the UK a few licks to settle honour..

Evan - how realistic is the scenerio of my dream ?
Would it be possible for them to bomb Britain ? How would they be able to surprise attack us ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I plan to work in the outback for a year and also do a masters degree - I am not sure where, I am open. Depends where I get a job

Masters degree what major?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Australia is a VERY big target for China... They already have their greedy eyes on the vast ore resources Australia has.. Plus it is closer than the UK... I once went to Australia via China and its about a nine hour flight from Beijing

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Masters degree what major?

In research but if China invades - maybe I should learn a few words in Chinese.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Australia is a VERY big target for China... They already have their greedy eyes on the vast ore resources Australia has.. Plus it is closer than the UK... I once went to Australia via China and its about a nine hour flight from Beijing

I agree but if they cripple us - we can not come to the defence of Australia, it makes sense and like you say, they have long memories and they tend to play the long game and we as a powerful power many years ago - were in China.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I say let them try, they need to move an army across the ocean and survive the beach assault. Good luck on that one, 80% of there force will be decimated before they get to land. And thats when there real troubles will just start.

Safest place to be is in Adelaide where i am!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Not so...

Simple answer is they would not be able too... The only realistic scenario I see would be a limited surprise nuclear attack.. Mostly air burst weapons detonated in the upper atmosphere that would send out electro magnetic pulses to destroy our communications and infrastructure, followed by air raids... In this case they would already have to be on the warpath across the world... You don't just fly to one country to attack it without taking out that countries allies first!... In other words.. For your dream to happen.. The world would already be at war before hand..

Evan - how realistic is the scenerio of my dream ?
Would it be possible for them to bomb Britain ? How would they be able to surprise attack us ?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join