It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's most powerful rifle in hands of Syrian rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

New YouTube video from the Syrian battlefield shows rebels firing what appears to be the same high-powered sniper rifle favored by U.S. Navy SEALs,

~leaving some experts wondering who the ragtag army of insurgents might train the guns on in the future. The British-made AS-50, accurate from a distance of 20 football fields, is made for British Special Forces and has been used by Navy SEALs. The video shows Syrian rebels, who are aligned with Al Qaeda, firing guns that look like the AS-50 and shouting “Alahu akbar.” Even if the rifle is a cheap knock-off of the AS-50, it has raised questions about who is supplying such devastating hardware. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The AS-50 costs about $10,000, according to Reaboi. Even if the rebels are toting cheap knock-offs, the weapons could be around long after the war in Syria ends. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Wowsers what a beast of a gun! Article goes on to say that it's featured in C.O.D.
We wonders where they gets them from (?)

edit on 5-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thread about this topic already found here:

Descendents of the Prophet Brigade Obtain British-made AS-50, Who's Supporting Terrorists?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I blame the Chinese

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Thanks! (No wonder the search didn't work lol ) Mods delete if you have time

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

The SEAL's don't use a British firearm. It looks similar is not the weapon US forces use. So we know the Brits are helping them too.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I personally believe the US and Friends have been supplying the Allahu Akbars in Syria with some nice stuff from the get go.

Usually you'd expect them to be using AK-47's and SVD Dragunov's but from the videos i've seen from Liveleak sometimes I get kinda jelly when I see some dirty "Rebel"(Al Qaeda Member) sporting a Nice AR-15 with decent looking optics and a sweet tactical vest.

I'd be more understanding if I seen like 1 dude with g00d looking gear and consider him some lucky guy...But like I said I've seen quite a few videos come out of Syria where the "Rebels"(Al Qaeda) are sporting some nice equipment that I can only assume that has been supplied to them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ironically the smaller Barrett .416 will deliver more energy down (long) range as despite its smaller mass it retains its velocity longer compared to the .50 bmg caliber. BUT "the world's most powerful rifle" would be something in a 20mm.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It is a made in China sniper rifle. AS50 barrel end is different then the side draft barrel end of the Chinese version. Chinese side draft end would be good for keeping target centered left to right when firing. The newer barrel ends on the AS50 exhaust circular pattern to keep a center point left right up and down.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
US Changing stance on Syria

top topics

join