It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What DON'T you want to know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't want to know about expensive video games and smart phones in one breath, and in the next hear how rough people have it. It gets frustrating to make the sacrifices it takes to live a good life,Just to have people who refuse to sacrifice their instant gratification for long term gain, turn around and expect sympathy.

I also don't want to know any of the inventive excuses for someone's life not being their own responsibility.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't want to know the doublessly dramatic and fecklessly mysterious contents of your freakin' dream. Or your neighbor's dream. Or that your dog appeared to be having a bad dream. Mainly, because it was a dream.

I don't want to hear about your clever addition and subtraction skills prognosticating the Pope will fall or that the sky is about to rain goats. For as complicated as telling the future could be, it never involves higher math, which I find very confusing. Telling the future, if it involves numbers, should involve a few square roots, at least one cosin, and if it means anything at all, pi. But somehow, divining the mysteries of life simply requires math I was teaching when only seven years old.

I don't want to hear about the remnants of the Couric effect and how that felt to you.

I don't want to hear your stories of childbirth. At. All.

And I don't want to hear that story that you and your brain argued over whether to tell me about it or not. That was your gut trying to tell your ego that I didn't want to know. Listen to your gut.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Oh man, I'm with you...why is that older people only ever want to talk about medical issues... No, no, no, I'm not even remotely interested...even as I get older. Nobody needs to know anything beyond, "I'm not feeling so hot" and leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
1). As already mentioned, people who go on and on about medical issues. My mother and I were laughing about this the other day. She told me to be greatful that she was so active and healthy instead of boring me with stories like 'Well you know your dad pooped on the floor again so I had to buy more diapers and the pins in my hip are giving me trouble.'

2). Strangers who go on and on about their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. Especially when they grab the photos out of their wallet. I do love kids but I it can be way too much when hearing a play by play of their entire life. I can only feign interest for so long. Lol
edit on 4/5/2013 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh jigger!!

Read the first 10 words of your post ...and had to take a cold shower

OMG! I think you're an animal! Oh wait, looking at your avatar. YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I don't want to know about expensive video games and smart phones

For some reason that reminds me of when people buy a car and then show it off. I mean, it's a freaking car! Am I supposed to examine it, explore it, put the engine under a microscope and then say with exaggerated enthusiasm, "Oh wow! Oh wow! That is awesome, man! It's got a 280 under the hood, man. Hey Martha, come and look at the car Billy-Bob just bought!"

Nope, I don't want to know.
edit on 4/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
How someones day at work was, how many beers they drank on saturday night and why it was the coolest thing they ever did,

If I ask, "How was your weekend" to a work associate, I'm just being cordial. I want to hear, Fine or good. I do NOT want to know every item they ate at a restaurant on Saturday night, or any other night.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
2). Strangers who go on and on about their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. Especially when they grab the photos out of their wallet. I do love kids but I it can be way too much when hearing a play by play of their entire life. I can only feign interest for so long.

Hah. I always wonder if the believe me when I say, 'Oh, they're so cute', even when they obviously are not.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
A bunch of men get together from around the country to try to hit a round object with a stick and call themselves the Red Sox. People are always talking to me about the score or to tell me how 'our' team won or lost. This means even LESS than nothing to me.

If all the players came from Massachusetts I could then at least feel some sort of pride in my state. Or, if every time the team won, every Mass resident gets a dollar in the mail - just a buck! THEN I'd be interested.

But the way the teams are set up now, I just don't want to know about them. Really, I couldn't care less. Same with the other sports. It's like hiring athletes from around the world to represent the U.S, in the Olympics. So, when some guy from Italy wins a race we in the U.S. can scream, WE WON!

Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I just thought of something else I DON'T want to know...
I don't want to know how much money you make..then you turn around and say you don't have enough money...when you go out to eat all the dern time and then complain about how much your daughters dance classes cost and yet you make 10grand in one month...and daughter gets 700$ a month from social security since her mom passed on... Come on....throw me a freaking bone here and explain to me how you are 'struggling' with money..when you spend it so carelessly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!
Sorry..lil rant...
This is my dad I speak of... Grrrrrrr......
-nat the clueless cat-

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
...And I don't want to hear that story that you and your brain argued over whether to tell me about it or not. That was your gut trying to tell your ego that I didn't want to know. Listen to your gut.

That was worth a star, alone.
Or - maybe I shouldn't have said anything about it. I don't know...
Wrestling - My gut won't admit if it said something, or not...
Oh - anyway - At least I feel better now.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by jiggerj

I just thought of something else I DON'T want to know...
I don't want to know how much money you make..then you turn around and say you don't have enough money...when you go out to eat all the dern time and then complain about how much your daughters dance classes cost and yet you make 10grand in one month...and daughter gets 700$ a month from social security since her mom passed on... Come on....throw me a freaking bone here and explain to me how you are 'struggling' with money..when you spend it so carelessly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!
Sorry..lil rant...
This is my dad I speak of... Grrrrrrr......
-nat the clueless cat-

LOL You're talking about the garbage people say and don't realize how stupid it sounds. I loved my older brother, but he had a way of connecting with total witches. His last lady-friend even told him she was a B----. He spent thousands of dollars fixing up her house and did so much for her. She wouldn't make love to him and told him she didn't want him around when her kids (fully grown) came to visit.

But, my brother said to me, "What can I do? I love her." The only way this isn't insane is if he accepted that he was always falling for women just like our evil mother.
edit on 4/9/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I don't want to know the doublessly dramatic and fecklessly mysterious contents of your freakin' dream. Or your neighbor's dream. Or that your dog appeared to be having a bad dream. Mainly, because it was a dream.

Lately there seems to be a lot of threads on 'I had a dream about North Korea', or nuclear war dreams, or nuclear war dream predictions... For-cryin'-out-loud we're living this crap, we don't need to read about what your little mind conjured up in your little pretend dream world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join