It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Nuclear Assessment, are we safe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here is a quick assessment of whether or not North Korea can deliver a nuclear warhead to the United States

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

We are safe. They've never successfully tested a rocket capable of reaching the US in range. In addition, most analysts state they are years away from being able to weaponize a nuclear warhead that can be missile-mounted. The only way they could pose a nuclear threat to us is in a terror-style attack, either a suitcase-style nuke or dirty bomb, or through a shipping container, etc. and even then, so far they haven't shown the ability to make a large warhead in terms of power.

Not to mention, it would be suicide for them to use one.

If they did try and use missiles, we'd be able to intercept. They can't make enough missiles for a volley to overwhelm the PAC 3/Aegis/Mid-Course/Aegis/PAC 3 gauntlet.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nuculer!

Nukuler!

That video brainwashed me into saying nuculer --- I can't pronounce it properly any longer!

Nukuler...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think that Americans need to worry less about a bomb dropping on their head, and more about the bomb about to explode in the financial sector. I don't mean literally obviously, I just mean that it seems everyone is very distracted from the inevitable collapse of the American dollar, which is just as important as any pending war.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
my biggest fear concerning the norks is them firing a missile at us from a freighter or a sub while in international waters off our coasts. if they are only firing from their country, i am not concerned.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I will just leave this thought here.
It is not North Koreas nukes people should fear.

North Korea only need to try and launch 1 satelite into space right now and have it deviate slightly off course causing a retaliatory strike, China will then have to step in and ask why the attack when the North for just sending a satelite to space.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I would love to know the extent of the monitoring thats happening in that part of the world at the moment...
You have the Russians, Chinese, Americans, Japanese and god knows who else watching every piece of land and airspace there is around NK ...

Would be awesome to know, does anyone know about this stuff?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm not as worried about the dollar...

The LAST thing the world wants is the world's only superpower facing starvation... If we are going down...just what do you think we'd do with the world's most powerful military.....???

Sorry, but if it's a choice between starve or war, my vote is for annexing and imperialism, every time.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MaChOMaNuGGeT

Just what is it, specifically, you are going for? Right now, no doubt this is the most monitored part of the world, with EVERYTHING...satellites, HUMINT (Human Intelligence), spy drones, etc. You name it, and ALL in the region are doing it, because so many have dogs in this fight.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There is no way this is happening. If it does, then they let it happen.

Comparing NK against USA and their allies is like comparing a strip of bacon to the fish & bread that fed 5000. There is no comparison.

And why in the hell would NK show their attacks and state their attack date? you'd loose at any game playing tricks like that. I think their crying out for help or they just want to be blown off the map - either way, # just got real.
edit on 4-4-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The developement of the atomic bomb was meant to end wars by the founders, not to start them.

Unfortunately, they - mere scientists, understood nothing of human nature, that there are those amongst us whom had not evolve, and by hook and crook, will lay hands on those technology and create harm to mankind.

Fortunately, after the last atomic bomb was fire, mankind from all diverse differences, sat down, and agreed to the formation of the UN with noble intentions.

Some screwed around with those intentions, but largely, mankind no longer saw nukes ever used for war for decades, despite much sever conflicts.

Today, Fatboy kimmy decided he will be the first one to break that record, when he unilaterally declared war on 2 fellow nations of our planet, after testing the effectiveness of his plutonium nukes and ICBM test launches.

Shall we mankind let him and his kind around the world to proliferate more nukes, and have them have their way, use nukes to threaten the world, or take decisive action once and for all to end his ego trip which will only result in the loss of precious human lives if he is not stopped now?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well the old USSR was able to do it a 150Kg nukes of going 5000km so yea Un and his whack jobs in the DPRK could do it as well www.ukessays.com... from the link

In early 80s there was unrest which was as a result of NATO plans of deploying missile batteries around Europe, soviet union upgraded its missiles which were capable of delivering 150kg nuclear warhead up to 5000 kilometres away. America countered this threat by developing two weapon systems to counter the act.
it is possible for the DPRK to do it. If one can do it so can another, never underestimate your foe.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm not as worried about the dollar...

The LAST thing the world wants is the world's only superpower facing starvation... If we are going down...just what do you think we'd do with the world's most powerful military.....???

Sorry, but if it's a choice between starve or war, my vote is for annexing and imperialism, every time.

that is probably similar to what they said when Rome fell. All empires fall is inevitable and you should worry about the dollar collapse more than war. Just my opinion, and by the way I'm pretty sure the world would lend a hand to keep you all from starving but not because we fear your military, not because you are a former superpower. But because we have compassion for others human beings, something the American government knows very little about.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

But because we have compassion for others human beings, something the American government knows very little about.

That's cool, just don't look up the foreign aid amounts per country or anything...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

This is the only part i'm thinking about.....

And Gaz correct me if i'm wrong. But if N.K does infact launch these "Mini Nukes" and America shoots them down. What does that do? We now have a plum of Nuclear Waste in our Atmosphere. Now Given the right winds.... This could possibly blow to the coast of Cali or given a Strong Westard wind blow right back into N.K's faces... Anyway that it goes.... The Nuclear waste in the Air is what i'm worried about.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The developement of the atomic bomb was meant to end wars by the founders, not to start them.

Unfortunately, they - mere scientists, understood nothing of human nature, that there are those amongst us whom had not evolve, and by hook and crook, will lay hands on those technology and create harm to mankind.

Fortunately, after the last atomic bomb was fire, mankind from all diverse differences, sat down, and agreed to the formation of the UN with noble intentions.

Some screwed around with those intentions, but largely, mankind no longer saw nukes ever used for war for decades, despite much sever conflicts.

Today, Fatboy kimmy decided he will be the first one to break that record, when he unilaterally declared war on 2 fellow nations of our planet, after testing the effectiveness of his plutonium nukes and ICBM test launches.

Shall we mankind let him and his kind around the world to proliferate more nukes, and have them have their way, use nukes to threaten the world, or take decisive action once and for all to end his ego trip which will only result in the loss of precious human lives if he is not stopped now?

Very well said! I for one wish the world could come to a consensus on nukes and get rid of them. I have to admit though, I would have loved to have seen one at the NTS in the 50's.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Made in North Korea. huh?

I could probably throw that warhead further than their propulsion system could take it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

But because we have compassion for others human beings, something the American government knows very little about.

That's cool, just don't look up the foreign aid amounts per country or anything...

sure I will look it up, and then I will compare those numbers side by side with the number of innocent civilians killed by that very same government during their "war on terror". I will let you guess which number is more important of the two

new topics

top topics

join