It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Jesus or Do the Atheists Have More Money to Fight Lawsuits Against Each Other...???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Another of those stores that crack me up as a perpetual motion legal wrangling machine.

A portrait of Jesus has been depended from a wall in this Ohio school since 1947.

Someone anonymously brought a lawsuit to have the portrait taken down. We can safely surmise that the anonymous litigant is an atheist...or a group of atheist.

The portrait comes down.

Now we wait for the other shoe to drop. Will those who have enjoyed and loved the portrait of Jesus for all these decades bring a lawsuit to have the portrait rehung?

All Ohio...and the world....await the results.

Ohio school says Jesus portrait has been taken down

CINCINNATI — A portrait of Jesus that has hung in a southern Ohio school district's buildings since 1947 was taken down Wednesday, because of concerns about the potential costs of a federal lawsuit against its display Jesus portrait has been taken down.

"The case is still open; there was no actual ruling (by the court)," spokesman Nick Worner said. But he added there would be no reason to pursue a court order if the portrait isn't put back up.

Hiram Sasser, an attorney with the Liberty Institute that helped defend the school, said Wednesday that the Hi-Y Club could file its own lawsuit for the right to display the portrait, but he didn't know its plans. Messages were left for the club's adviser and legal representative. Howard said the portrait was in the club's possession.

news.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Good call, there shouldn't be religious anything in public schools.

That's what church is for.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My question is: How bad must your life be, that you're so bitter you would resort to suing a school, over a portrait someone that last lived 2013 years ago?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The man in that portrait is just as relevant today as hes ever been. I'm sure plenty of Christians would be suing if there were only pictures of Muhammad around the school.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I'm a Christian. Buddha, Muhammad, Jesus I wouldn't care its just a portrait. What effect does it have on my life by hanging on a wall? People look for things to offend them theys days.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If there were pictures of Muhammad on the school the Muslims would do a hell of a lot more than just suing

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
The man in that portrait is just as relevant today as hes ever been. I'm sure plenty of Christians would be suing if there were only pictures of Muhammad around the school.

Muslims don't allow images of Muhammed. In fact, they've killed artists who've drawn or painted images of Muhammed.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

My question is: How bad must your life be, that you're so bitter you would resort to suing a school, over a portrait someone that last lived 2013 years ago?

JFC...the problems with kids today, huh..?

North - that portrait still affects policy and procedure across the globe.

It's not bitterness...it's pure contempt - or should be.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard

I'm a Christian. Buddha, Muhammad, Jesus I wouldn't care its just a portrait. What effect does it have on my life by hanging on a wall? People look for things to offend them theys days.

Well I'm glad your so tolerant but unfortunately you do not speak for the other 300 million + people in the country.

Many others do find it offensive and they have just as much right to their opinion as you do.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

No it doesn't. That portrait sits on a wall in a school, motionless. The people that follow the being, Jesusn in the portrait, are the ones that affect policy and procedure. And its not all of them either, just a minority that takes things too far sometimes.
And that's exactly my point. I didn't say they weren't entitled to their opinion. That doesn't change the fact that people get offended by the simplest things these days, usually things they could easily ignore.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why is the op letting the root of all evil dictate who would win a hypothetical?
Seems like the premise is based more on emotion than on logic.
Total waste if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Why is the op letting the root of all evil dictate who would win a hypothetical?
Seems like the premise is based more on emotion than on logic.
Total waste if you ask me.

Personally I don't care too much about how people percieve Jesus' facial features.
Emotions are good to have, not everyone can be a sociopath. Do you sit on one butt cheeck alternating which side deserves pressure based on the reason you're sitting?
Funny to me how people can show their distain for Christians because they think that Christians are hurting people's feelings while claiming that they themselves have eliminated their emotions.

So, in what instances are you allowed to acknowledge your emotions? Seems like a deceptive premise to me.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Why in this day and age should people get worked up about a picture of a Master. Firstly all pictures of Masters or other great beings should be kept in sacred places not in a school where everyones belief could be diffrent. Everyone should also have respect and tolerance for each others belief system, again that is why a picture should not be in the school at all. This shows what work still needs to be done, the days when religion was forced on man is now over and schools unless they are religious should avoid forcing their beliefs on the entire system. That is part of what was the old system.

I also cant see why people should get so emotional over this, is it possibly that they are not confident in their faith. Do they not believe enough that they know their truth and remain uneffected by what others say and do. The age of emotion is over and the age of mind is dawning.

Sacred pictures of Great beings should be kepts at home or in sacred places, people should have respect for the Master regardless of what they believe and in conclusion I really dont care,,,why should this even be an issue. Have we not evolved beyond this !

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Christians and Conservatives are statistically much, much richer than Atheists and Leftists. It's funny because atheists/leftists keep churning out statistical data showing "how much more intelligent and educated" they are but fail to translate their "superior intelligence" into worldly success. How could you possibly succeed in life if you are clueless to how the world works?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
reply to post by facelift

No it doesn't. That portrait sits on a wall in a school, motionless. .

I don't know about that. Rumor has it some atheists complained that the eyes of the portrait Jesus followed you as one walked back and forth in front of the masterpiece.

top topics

join