It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Peter King: US could make preemptive strike on North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

One poster makes a statement and you spread hate back. Thats ATS for ya. Your no better then him generalizing an entire nation

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Or is this just another ratcheting up of the war rhetoric?

Bing, bing, bing! I think we have a winner!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

We have no dependence on China. We don't need China for a thing. We will just find the next country in line to exploit cheap labor. India, Taiwan, and host of other Asian countries will just get more business out of us. China is just the cheapest at the moment. Will it hurt? Sure, but in the long run its just a bump in the road.

Well Done, Styx. Bump.
We sure don't need them to absorb any more manufacturing, they got it all five years ago.
And for the sake of business, that sector along with mining and agriculture are the only
parts of any economy that add value to natural resources. I don't believe I'll go in for that
interview tomorrow, just stay at home in bed and be depressed over TSHF scenarios...
it's bound to happen since everybody wants to glow now. even the politicians.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Guenter

One poster makes a statement and you spread hate back. Thats ATS for ya. Your no better then him generalizing an entire nation

I didn't spread "Hate" back. I wasn't calling for the nuking of the USA. I just underlined WHY the USA is getting hated more and more on a world scale.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Statements already known. I'm a member on ATS its apparent every time I log in. And yes it is indeed hate, don't deny it.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Rep. Peter King is a special kind of stupid.

2nd

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SherlockH

Besides what constitutes "solid evidence"?

WMDs, like in Iraq? lol

They better have learnt something since that last time. wow

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

I am sorry but where is your humanity?! You think every Chinese citizen believes their governments cause? That every North Korean deserves to die? and that anyone else in that area should be punished with radiation exposure for years to come.

Your comment is blind and disgusting, and saddens me at the mentality of some who come here to "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What this tells me is the establishment Ds & Rs have come to the realization that the majority of the people have had it with the Washington BS and not being distracted anymore. Soooo, lets get a good old shooting war going again. I mean something that everyone will pay attention to and get behind. Not the ME stuff but I mean bomb'em till they glow kind of thing. That will bring the voters back in line. China will either help or do nothing. They like selling things to us. We promise to give China what is left of NK when we are done with it. Russia will do nothing, we promise to give them Syria.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
We promise to give China what is left of NK when we are done with it.
Russia will do nothing, we promise to give them Syria.
Um, When did we receive the Honor of "giving" Countries to other Countries?
Kind of Defines the Term "God Complex".

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

"I" gave no country to anyone. I speculated that the USA would cut deals with other countries to not object to certain countries actions. Think that has happened before in history? Really! Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Personally I wouldn't mind it as long as it's just a massive bombing campaign designed to cripple the military installations of the North. We should leave any kind of ground occupations to South Korea, China and the U.N.

North Korea has detonated nuclear bombs, has pointed missiles in the direction of U.S. bases and it's allies and is constantly threatening the world with Nuclear war. Also keep in mind that the people in North Korea are being starved and oppressed and there are millions in labor camps throughout the country.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Is anyone getting deja vu?

These are the same types of things that were said about Iraq before we invaded.

It sounds as if the war drums are begining to be beaten. I wouldn't be surprised if we invade N. Korea in the next couple of years.

*sigh*
Years, try months buddy. This situation is escalating too quickly

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
I'm all for it. Turn them and China into glass. The world would be better off.

So you want to murder billions of people for no reason?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
To me this just makes IRAQ look more and more like a setup.

Iraq were no where near NK's potential, yet we arranged an invasion.

We did it for the peace and security of the USA and IRAQ because Saddam 'WANTED' nuclear weapons

Here we have Nkorea who has them and is actively threatening to use them and all the US does is sit and wait.

Whats wrong Yanky Leaders... scared of a real fight?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
If it happens ,hopefully it will finally put an end to the re runs of MASH on tv, and the infinitely annoying Politically correct Alan Alda and damn Honnecut

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
Pre-emptive war is illegal under international law.

Frankly - our government doesn't own a large enough reserve of trust to convince the world that pre-emptive war is justifiable.

No it isn't. It is completely legal to pre-emptively attack an aggressor that has made it clear that it plans to attack you.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SherlockH

i love when you hear this crap outta people you never heard from before lol.(i know hes a rep, never ever heard him speak before on tv) or at least i dont remember ever hearing of him on tv or anywhere before, yet the first time i hear him he speaks of it being ok to strike first. this pre emptive strike bs is just that, BS, if your going to declare war grow some balls and do it ,,

and no, our wicked good allies to the south dont need our freakin help either as an excuse, north korea is basically in the stone age, with some rusty bombs and dirt for food, south korea can handle them just fine on their own, and if they cant, well then south korea doesnt need to exsist on its own then.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

"No it isn't. It is completely legal to pre-emptively attack an aggressor that has made it clear that it plans to attack you. "

what an ignorant statement........ and who makes laws?.... THE ONES IN POWER lol. just like all the laws they passed to help the bankers destroy the housing economy, just like its legal for cyprus banks to steal billions from non investors to pay for the investors that DID that crashed their economy. lol

also why is it ok to start a war with an entire nation because they waved the stick, but yet if you tell me your going to strike me and i shoot you to death i end up in jail,and no there isnt a just law, stand ground or castle defense that would protect that scenario. so how is it ok for one instance and not the other?

because some powerfull people passed laws making it legal so they wouldnt have to worry about jail time themselves heh,, DUUUH

you can make tons of things legal,, wont make them moral, just , or even correct.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

"No it isn't. It is completely legal to pre-emptively attack an aggressor that has made it clear that it plans to attack you. "

what an ignorant statement........ and who makes laws?.... THE ONES IN POWER lol. just like all the laws they passed to help the bankers destroy the housing economy, just like its legal for cyprus banks to steal billions from non investors to pay for the investors that DID that crashed their economy. lol

also why is it ok to start a war with an entire nation because they waved the stick, but yet if you tell me your going to strike me and i shoot you to death i end up in jail,and no there isnt a just law, stand ground or castle defense that would protect that scenario. so how is it ok for one instance and not the other?

because some powerfull people passed laws making it legal so they wouldnt have to worry about jail time themselves heh,, DUUUH

you can make tons of things legal,, wont make them moral, just , or even correct.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join