It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Peter King: US could make preemptive strike on North Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If we attacked North Korea, preemptively, do you not think we would have a plan to handle China in the process? Either diplomatically or through war? We aren't stupid ... If we go to war with NK we would probably have limited engagements with China in a worst case scenario.

South Korea has the training and technology to defeat NK and halt a limited incursion by China ... Air power and Naval power means everything. China knows it doesn't have the numbers, training, or tech to defeat the US in force projection.

We could defeat Russia, China at the same time. How? Naval and Air power. Now taking over their countries? Different story. Destroying most of their food, factories, water, and bases? Pretty easy, for now.

That's of course if Nukes aren't used.
edit on 4-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hey I think all of you Yanks are over reacting.

Come on we all know:

Nukes don't kill people, people kill people.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
I'm all for it. Turn them and China into glass. The world would be better off.

Please, do go on.
edit on 4-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
If we attacked North Korea, preemptively, do you not think we would have a plan to handle China in the process? Either diplomatically or through war? We aren't stupid ... If we go to war with NK we would probably have limited engagements with China in a worst case scenario.

South Korea has the training and technology to defeat NK and halt a limited incursion by China ... Air power and Naval power means everything. China knows it doesn't have the numbers, training, or tech to defeat the US in force projection.

We could defeat Russia, China at the same time. How? Naval and Air power. Now taking over their countries? Different story. Destroying most of their food, factories, water, and bases? Pretty easy, for now.

That's of course if Nukes aren't used.

China funds NK just enough to keep the US on it's toes so we don't focus our attention on Taiwan.

They don't actually like NK any more than we do.
edit on 4-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
better safe than sorry, just make sure the preemptive strike hits the crazy guy and not innocents. After all doesnt the US have surgical bombing from all them bombings on Iraq?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well, not really. A few B52Hs probably would make New York City a scrap metal paradise. It would probably much cheaper to use our strategic bombing force than using JDAMs ect.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
thanks for dragging australian into this mess america. now we are getting this bullspit on our news.
theres no possible reason why they would start this 'NK is a threat crap', makes my blood boil.

edit on 4-4-2013 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Preemptive strike.

Politically correct term for starting a conflict.

Can we please stop lumping everyone together when it comes to other countries doing things we don't like? The people running North Korea's government are no different than the corrupt, money hungry, parasites we have here running our government in the states.

Its easy to say we should use military action while sitting behind a keyboard thousands of miles away.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SherlockH

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said Tuesday that the United States had the right to take preemptive military action against North Korea if there was "solid evidence" that Kim Jon Un planned to attack the United States or South Korea.

"If we have good reason to believe there's going to be an attack, I believe we have the right to take preemptive action," King said on CNN's 'Erin Burnett Outfront.'

"I don't think we have to wait until Americans are killed or wounded or injured in any way," he continued. "I'm not saying we should be rushing into war, don't get me wrong, but if we have solid evidence that North Korea's going to take action, then I think we have a moral obligation and an absolute right to defend ourselves."

So by this logic, is someone said "I'm going to beat you up after school" to another child, that child has the right to "preemptively strike" the other child in order to defend himself.

Or does the "preemptive strike" defense measure only apply to elitists?

ETA: Maybe Al Qaida knew the US was planning to attack them and 9/11 was a "preemptive strike"? If so, would that make it ok? Apparently so...
edit on 4/4/13 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter

Originally posted by wrksstudios
I'm all for it. Turn them and China into glass. The world would be better off.

People like you are the cause the USA is receiving less and less respect world wide. Your arrogance to wanting to wipe off a 5,000+ yo civilization is amazing. And this from some 250+yo society of misfits, land robbers and religious fanatics that now is called the USA.

Maybe is receiving less and less respect world wide because of all the chinese who live in it.

And please don't feed the BS with that 5000 +yo civilization. A civilization that in 2012 is so heartless to see their kids get invested by cars in the middle of the street and not moving a single finger to help, ignoring totally every human feeling, is not e cilivization but a barbaric tribe of cave man that doesn't deserve any respect.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
First off a representative has about as much say in USA doing a peemptive strike on ajything as the guy cleaning the floor in the stall next to me. I hate war but NK has openly declared war on us, openly threatened nuclear attack on us and has the means to do so. In this case I do thing we should clear NK of its ability to make good on any threats. I hope we end that government there before they can do us and the world more harm. No peace treaty without unconditionalb surrend and removal of NK government. Before now I would not back a war but the line is crossed and if our Government wants to end NK ill support it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This reposted from another thread but is relevant here:

To whom it may concern:

ajw.asahi.com...

North Korea has started moving what is believed to be a new long-range ballistic missile potentially capable of hitting the U.S. mainland to its eastern coast, apparently in preparation for a launch.

Japanese, U.S. and South Korean government sources said the missile is likely the one codenamed KN-08, which the North Korean military claims has a range of 10,000 kilometers.

But the sources added that it could be a different type, such as the medium-range Musudan missile.

The missile is being transported on a cargo train to the Sea of Japan coast, home to the Musudan-ri and Kittaeryong missile bases, according to the sources.

A U.S. intelligence satellite appears to have captured images of the train carrying the missile.

The distance from Pyongyang, North Korea to San Francisco, USA is roughly 5598.6 miles which is roughly 9010.07 kilometers.

The North Koreans have a missile with a range of 10,000 kilometers and it is believed that they may be moving that missile to the coast of North Korea, which could potentially put San Francisco in the sights of a North Korean nuclear tipped ICBM.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

First, they don't have a missile capable of reaching the U.S. mainland by itself let alone carrying a payload. Second, even if they did have one with that range (they don't) accuracy is kinda important --- they haven't demonstrated that capability at all.

Politicians are incapable of doing anything that makes rational sense. Haven't we learned that yet? If a problem crops up the only guarantee that you have is that the solution politicians come up with will most certainly be the exact WRONG one. This guy is a tool. He lacks credence or the credentials to make a statement like this. He should more to NK. He'd fit right in.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by ipsedixit

First, they don't have a missile capable of reaching the U.S. mainland by itself let alone carrying a payload. Second, even if they did have one with that range (they don't) accuracy is kinda important --- they haven't demonstrated that capability at all.

The range of the missile is disputed. There is some thought that it will be launched April 15th to coincide with the 101st anniversary of Kim Il Sung, the founder of North Korea. Hopefully it'll be just that, but I think the main point is that the United States has demonstrated in the past, zero tolerance for Cuban missiles and I'm betting that they will do the same for North Korean nuclear tipped ICBMs.

There is another case where it is alleged that the Americans underestimated the capabilities of the North Koreans:

ajw.asahi.com...

One South Korean government official said the United States tends to underestimate North Korea's capabilities. There have been instances when Tokyo and Seoul have been influenced by such mis-assessments.

After North Korea's second nuclear test, Japanese government officials tried to ascertain whether Pyongyang had succeeded in developing a small but powerful fusion-boosted fission bomb.

Some officials believed North Korea was probably able to develop one, but others argued the cash-strapped country would probably have a more unambitious goal: to obtain only a basic-model nuclear bomb.

On Feb. 11, North Korea informed the United States, China and Russia that it intended to carry out a nuclear test just as soon as preparations were complete.

The message was delivered to Clifford Hart, the U.S. special envoy to the six-party talks on North Korea's nuclear development program, by North Korea's permanent mission to the United Nations.

That night, the United States relayed the information to Japan.

North Korea proceeded with the nuclear test the following day. The country said it used a "lighter, miniaturized" nuclear bomb with proportionally greater explosive force than previous devices.

The test underscored the collective failure of Japan, the United States and South Korea to prevent North Korea from making significant progress in its program.

edit on 4-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

Unlike the bootlickers I support your thoughts. They only pretend to care so the cool Euro kids dont rip on them. To hell with all of 'em.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SherlockH

Peter King - What an IDIOT!

If that were to take place, 10,000 missiles would reign down and a million man army would march. North Korea have the 3rd largest standing army in the world and near unlimited missiles. It's not a war the US wants to start that's for sure.

It would be a nightmare.

Kim just probably wants his money back from the sanctions, I'll bet that's what this is all about.

edit on 4-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I say the best way to clear up little Un's head in this game is send in one of the finest Marine teams, walk in on little Kim and pop his knee caps with a couple of 7.62's then smack him accross the face with an open hand and say " What the hell are you thinking dumb a$$ ? " lol
edit on 4-4-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
No sane human wants war. It is costly in terms of finances, material and most important of all - loss of precious human lives.

But NKorean leaders are not sane people. Remember too - they HAD OFFICIALLY DECLARED WAR upon USA and S.Korea - vowed for the destruction of property and lives of innocent humans there. This is AS GOOD as claiming hostilities HAD ALREADY BEEN INVOKED & STARTED.

History MUST NOT be allowed to be repeated, or we are just being PLAIN DUMB.

In the early '40s, Corden Hull had long been warned about Imperial Japan's massive military buildup, from media and even spies. Yet he did not nothing, despite Imperial Japan's bellicosities akin to Fatboy's kim of today. USA was mocked and disparaged.

Yet, Corden Hull did NOTHING.

The peaceniks in USA were loud and vocal against war. They selfishly belief war will not touch USA if USA stays aloof and let the rest of humanity kill themselves. Thus, a partial reason for Corden Hull's inaction.

He knew of the comming attack upon USA, and even the codewords for its initiation. Imperial Japan needed to destroy USA's naval capability if it seeks to own the other half of the world - Asia and Australia.

He did nothing. No mobilization or increase in security of its naval ships.

When his ciphers decoded the Imperial japan codewords for attack, he knew the go ahead and war with USA had been initiated, but he waited for the declaration of war from the Japanese Embassy in USA. He know that the embassy staff had trouble translating the japanese war declaration into english, but he refused to take any action or security measures.

As a result, Pearl Harbour happened, with loss of thousands innocent americans. Cordon Hull, Secretary of State then, was responsible for failing to take pre-emptive action when it was necessary to do, as he had all the reasons and intelligence agents with info who kept him updated on that threat.

The peaceniks, including the great aviator Charles Lindbergh, who was one of them, were equally to be blamed, for not comprehending human nature. When the attack came, those peaceniks went into hiding, and discarded their robes so that they may not be found out to be the ones who caused America's security vigilance failure and the loss of lives in Hawaii.

Thus, let not History repeat itself again. There is no need to rush for an attack on N.Korea today even though S.Korea and USA, bounded by international law and treaties, are free to do so, as war had been declared by nuclear armed N.Korea.

Once war is declared - it no longer matters which side strike first. That responsiblity for war will lay with the one who unilaterally declared war, or who had refused to abide by world's UN resolutions.

There only needs to be CLEAR RED LINES that Fatboy Kim must not cross, or a pre-emptive strike will result inorder to protect innocent humans from the insanities of N.Korea.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SherlockH

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said Tuesday that the United States had the right to take preemptive military action against North Korea if there was "solid evidence" that Kim Jon Un planned to attack the United States or South Korea.

I believe the U.S. along with South Korea, will launch a preemptive military action. Both Russia and China have come out saying that North Korea is being provocative, and China has stated that little Kim is a loose cannon, I think it clearly gives the U.S. military and South Korea a green light. I think everyone in the region, whether they're an ally or enemy, are really getting tired of North Korea being so reckless with their rhetoric and nuclear testing. Talk about having a pain in the @$$ in your neighborhood.

I think China and Russia would rather us get suckered into it than them. Unfortunately, are current foreign policy just loves to show-off our military hardware and test it out.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
nk STARTS FUELLING ITS MISSILES WHOLESALE,and MASSING TROOPS NEAR THE BORDER...........THE ONLY REASON FOR PREEMPTIVE ACTION.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join