It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useful knowledge - here on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenoglossy

I originally found this site around the time they started because I have always been interested in some conspiracies and my searches ultimately led me here. I only joined a year ago because I had questions about the radiation issues, and I have come to trust several names here a long time ago. It may not be a well known forum but my original interests in this world ultimately led me there. In the last year of treating this community as more than a info depository I have found so much more.
When I started my research years ago, my family weren't even a thought yet. I was living out of my backpack and traveling the country borrowing the use of other peoples computers.More and more the MSM has disappointed and the more ATS has stepped up. I have watched historical events take place in near real time by the words of the members here. You just don't see that anywhere. I have always been a truth seeker in the mud pit of life, and this place is full of the same. Just keep in mind peoples lives are different too.
I gotta get going, and I know I am rambling here, but, just because the mainstream info here may not always serve a practical purpose other than aggravating us, doesn't mean there aren't real life gems buried either that can serve a practical purpose.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would say for myself,I have gained alot of useful knowledge through the survival forum and the fragile earth forum.

Also,I have used many recipes from the food forum!Yummy!

But the most important one that I have learned is,I know where the sun is suppose to be and that there are NOT two suns.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Knowledge is power, how you use it in your ever day life is up to the individual, I had metioned before most stuff I see here is a few days ahead of the rest of the news.

I rather now what is going on instead of being slapped in the face later, I believe being well informed is better than not being informed on anything.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Going to the FORUMS themselves...not just the NEW TOPICS and FIREHOUSE...there are a zillion things to learn from cooking to music to UFO and Government conspiracies, survival and religion and a host of others useful in our everyday existence.

GO ATS!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
Knowledge is power, how you use it in your ever day life is up to the individual, I had metioned before most stuff I see here is a few days ahead of the rest of the news.

I rather now what is going on instead of being slapped in the face later, I believe being well informed is better than not being informed on anything.

Well, I agree that being well informed is clearly better.

But how does one know what is information and what is complete and utter bull#? You read about it on ATS and then wait for CNN to confirm it. If the "news" are real, you will get them in the mainstream media too. If they are not: it's probably just ATS being ATS

Or do you guys recall something important that was undeniably real and never reached mainstream media (while being covered by ATS)?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Mostly psychological and social normalcy as strange as it sounds.

I can find views that are grounded in a basis of fact.
There is no incentive to post the truth here, yet there it is.

If I have a question about ANYTHING, I can expect an answer guiding me in the right direction.
I stayed because I have an answer for somethings, and a question for others.

No where have I have found a range of issues and topics surface regularly with the intent to disseminate the vital information for the benefit of everyone involved, besides here.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Mostly psychological and social normalcy as strange as it sounds.

As strange as it sounds, I tend to agree.
While you have to go through heaps of crap to find valuable information, it is kinda worth it because of the general acceptancy of weird ideas.

Not being able to talk about certain issues in real life can be frustrating.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This site helps me (a LOT) to bring a higher standard of conversation to everyone I meet. Without ATS I would go absolutely insane with the mindless chatter vomited upon me every day. And since I am not one for extended periods of small-small-small talk, either the people around me will comment on the subjects I bring up from here, or they will find an excuse to walk away from me - yay!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

This site helps me (a LOT) to bring a higher standard of conversation to everyone I meet. Without ATS I would go absolutely insane with the mindless chatter vomited upon me every day. And since I am not one for extended periods of small-small-small talk, either the people around me will comment on the subjects I bring up from here, or they will find an excuse to walk away from me - yay!

You bring up subjects from ATS in your real life.

I see a life as a hermit somewhere on a mountaintop in your future.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenoglossy

Originally posted by jiggerj

You bring up subjects from ATS in your real life.

I see a life as a hermit somewhere on a mountaintop in your future.

lol It goes something like this:

Other people say: I went out to eat last night. I ordered the chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots. The Coke was syrupy but I save a lot of money by always ordering the Coke with no ice, and THEN I ask for a glass with just ice. This makes the Coke last longer and -

Me: HEY! Did you know that Jesus was an alien reptile from Nibiru? I know because he told me in a past life when I astral projected myself to his planet and talked to him via mental telepathy.

Other people: Oh that is interesting! Well, I gotta go now. Bye.

Yeah! Works every time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join