It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel braces for 'potentially crippling' cyberattack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Israel braces for 'potentially crippling' cyberattack

www.israelhayom.com

Israel is bracing for a "potentially crippling" cyberattack against the country's major companies and websites, Israel Hayom learned Tuesday. The attack is set to take place on April 7, which this year will be the eve of Holocaust Remembrance Day.

The planned assault is part of hacktivist group Anonymous's ongoing #OpIsrael campaign, which was launched in March in a show of solidarity with the Palestinians. As part of the campaign, Anonymous — which has since been joined by several other hacktivist groups including Sector404 and RedHack — said that on April 7 that it would "launc
(visit the link for the full news article)

+67 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is an interesting update to last week's cyber "attack" on alleged Mossad operatives. In the thread I authored on the previous incident the overall consensus was that their attack was over exaggerated and pretty much a waste of time. I partially agree with this sentiment but in my opinion we must not rule out that perhaps some important information was in fact obtained.

As previously mentioned in the other thread I am not quite sure to think about Anonymous. I like some of what they stand for but do not support all their actions. Also, I am suspicious that they may have been infiltrated by groups such as the CIA and Mossad so this story could in fact be a psy-op.

A suspicious statement in the article is that they are planning to "wipe Israel off the internet" on the eve of "Holocaust Memorial Day".

That would certainly make Israel look like a victim, especially while they commemorate the Holocaust. Israel is in dire need of public support due to their recent hardline actions on various issues including domestically and abroad so a cyber attack on Israel might actually help them in the public eye.

I am not claiming that Israel is planning a false flag attack on their networks, I am just raising the possibility.

That being said, it also leaves the possibility that Anonymous and these other hacker groups have in fact joined teams and are actually planning a cyber attack on Israel due to their solidarity with Palestine.

I guess we will need to wait and see until April 7th when they claim the attacks will peak.

Here is the link to the previous thread.

'Anonymous' hacks Mossad website, gains access to data of 30,000 spies

www.israelhayom.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/2/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yawn a mouse is attacking Israel again? oh this should be good, they will hack some kids school project from 5th grade posted on a joomla install.

Nice going yawn a mouse.

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Didn't they successfully hack into and disrupt some Israeli financial institutions last year? Don't quote me on that just yet as I'm on my mobile and won't be near a computer to properly look into this claim for a bit, but if what I mentioned is true, it sure is more than "mouse" worthy.

Yawn

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

A suspicious statement in the article is that they are planning to "wipe Israel off the internet" on the eve of "Holocaust Memorial Day".

Aside from the obvious hatred seeping out of their plans, do they think they are
simply playing a video game? What happened to anon's plans for the Federal Reserve?
Last I checked all is well, and the stock market is at an all time manipulated high?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am not sure, I have no $ in Israeli banks,so could care less.

But flooding a site with requests and hacking into sensitive info are two separate things you are aware? right?

Anyhow, back to real life issues.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think that Anon is trying to do something for the greater good... However I think that Israel are the better hackers, making them aware of what to do when they actually get attacked. After all Israel hacks Iran all the time...

I am not a Anon hater, but I wish that they would actually do something rather then make dull threats.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's funny that you posted this around the same time I posted my potential cyber attack warning on banks (www.abovetopsecret.com...). ATS minds that think alike...!

We're going to see a lot of cyber attacks which, I believe are false flag events, to be blamed on some shadowy boogeyman, and to be used as an excuse for retaliation (or lack of it).

Enjoy the internet as it is today, for in the future we'll look back on these halcyon days of internet freedom and say, "remember when..."

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Aside from the obvious hatred seeping out of their plans, do they think they are
simply playing a video game? What happened to anon's plans for the Federal Reserve?
Last I checked all is well, and the stock market is at an all time manipulated high?

Their plans being based on hatred is purely speculation and opinion on your behalf, in my opinion, I believe their standing in solidarity with Palestine to be a good cause, helping an oppressed people is always a good cause in my books.

Whether or not they actually will accomplish anything for this so called cause is another question that I cannot answer. I would be happy if they somehow found a way to cause havoc for the Zionist entities within Israel. My only fear is that the innocent civilians in Israel that mean no harm may get caught in the middle of this, that is one of the downfalls of "hacktivism" as a lot of the time it's not the intended target who suffers.

I agree with you, Anon has left us with more questions than answers when it comes to their success of their alleged plans and the more they talk the less we expect from them due to their lack of success. The slope is slippery when it comes to Anonymous and their true intentions.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Their plans being based on hatred is purely speculation and opinion on your behalf, in my opinion, I believe their standing in solidarity with Palestine to be a good cause, helping an oppressed people is always a good cause in my books.

Standing with Palestine is one thing, threatening to kill an entire race of people
is not a good cause, imo. How ironic, anon in its quest for freedom seems to have
fallen prey to the ideals of tyrants and war mongerers.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Standing with Palestine is one thing, threatening to kill an entire race of people
is not a good cause, imo. How ironic, anon in its quest for freedom seems to have
fallen prey to the ideals of tyrants and war mongerers.

Now you are just talking out your backside and making stuff up.

When did Anonymous threaten to kill an entire race of people?

Are you sure that you are posting in the right thread?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

www.israelhayom.com

"wipe Isreal off of the internet"... well, it is in the poorest of judgement that they
should say such a thing, and target it to be on the anniversary of Holocaust Memorial Day.

That is racist, and inflammatory on the part of Anon.
edit on 2-4-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

My response to your original post was...

reply to post by lnfideI

Didn't they successfully hack into and disrupt some Israeli financial institutions last year? Don't quote me on that just yet as I'm on my mobile and won't be near a computer to properly look into this claim for a bit, but if what I mentioned is true, it sure is more than "mouse" worthy.

Yawn

You responded with...

Originally posted by lnfideI
I am not sure, I have no $ in Israeli banks,so could care less.

But flooding a site with requests and hacking into sensitive info are two separate things you are aware? right?

Anyhow, back to real life issues.

You misrepresented what I said and avoid the actual point.

First off, I am aware of the differences between "flooding a site with requests and hacking into sensitive info" but my point was that they are threatening to "wipe Israel off the internet" which is more than these minor hassles which you have mentioned.

You have also implied that there has been no success on these cyber attacks but it's a known fact that Israel has been the victim of significant cyber attacks multiple times by various groups.

These threats are not as "harmless" as you make them out to be.

Here are a few examples of significant cyber attacks against Israel...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.youtube.com...

Heck, even Israel acknowledges these attacks and "vows revenge".

www.v3.co.uk...

In do not always condone this type of behavior but in my opinion the Zionist element within Israel are worthy victims of this type of attack. My only fear as I mentioned to the previous poster is that the regular citizens who mean no harm will be affected by these possible attacks.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Those hacking groups are nothing but idiots.
Saying they are supporting the "little-man" and everything, but in the end taking down online government services that we all need etc. Just a bunch of commies.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

"wipe Isreal off of the internet"... well, it is in the poorest of judgement that they
should say such a thing, and target it to be on the anniversary of Holocaust Memorial Day.

That is racist, and inflammatory.

You are presenting your opinion as fact, once again.

The date of the attacks could be nothing but mere coincidence.

Have you ever thought about the racist and inflammatory actions of the Israeli regime that have brought us to this point? Your one sided interpretation of this situation tells me that you are letting your preconceived notions dictate your throught process instead of keeping an open mind.

My question still stands, where did Anonymous threaten to wipe out a race?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I liked your thread

I also believe that a lot of these cyber attacks are of the false flag variety meant to be some sort of psy-op with the intention to sway public opinion on various issues.

(go ahead flame me folks
)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The date of the attacks could be nothing but mere coincidence.

Really? Still, in the poorest of taste (not that anon has any "class")

Have you ever thought about the racist and inflammatory actions of the Israeli regime that have brought us to this point?

And the Palestinians are innocent?

Besides. two wrongs dont make a right.

The only ones talking out thier back side is Anon.
Epic fail...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I will ask this in the nicest way possible, for the third time.

Please justify this statement.

is not a good cause, imo

Where did Anonymous threaten to kill an entire race of people?

I will ignore the rest of your posts in this thread until you answer my question.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Its an "expression".

In any case, Anon's true colors are showing.

I will ignore the rest of your posts in this thread until you answer my question.

That will be all now, thanks kindly.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I would also like to see them make good on more of their threats.

My favorite victory on their behalf was when they leaked embarrassing personal information on Vic Toews who is a Canadian politician who was a strong supporter of a draconian internet bill here in Canada. The bill was called the "Protecting Children from Internet Predators Act". I agree that children must be protected from internet predators but this clearly was not the intention of this bill. He caused some outrage by claiming anyone who opposes the bill supports child predators.

The bill has been scrapped but there have been several attempts to sneak it through under other legislations and they will not stop until something of the sort is put in place.

Here is a bit about the bill if you are interested

news.nationalpost.com...
edit on 4/2/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join