It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather we caught a bigfoot, or mothman?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
since i believe mothman to be way more "out there" than the existence of sasquatch i'd go with mothman. full on.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
BigFoot for me,it would be nice to actually know the dna makeup of the creature,part human and ape are what,could give us a clue of our evolution scale

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by samerulesapply
But you could very well be right, an interesting perspective. But surely if science could once and for all prove the existence of the type of being to which you are referring, that too would be an amazing thing?

Any thoughts?

To be more exact, mothmen are fallen angels. That is why their wings are black and almost transparent as the light from Heaven has been removed from their bodies.

When the aliens do 'eventually' show themselves, look at their ears which are long and pointed just like Spocks or immortal elves. As you mentioned science, watch for the major technological breakthroughs that they will deliver to this planet just like it was during the days of Atlantas before the great Flood.

Note how films portray elves and vulcans as heros. This is to groom the sheople to greet the fallen ones as heros.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply

Sorry for the rant, but seriously...if you had the choice right now, to prove conclusively once and for all that either bigfoot or mothman are real...which would you choose?

observe or understand 4d or so mothman as the shouldn't be here and who freed it? yes others have mis behaved as well

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Can I vote to see a captured federal politician instead? I can think of nothing scarier (or more dangerous) than a caged obama, a water-boarded biden or a confined pelosi.

And no .... I'm not joking.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Since we've caught neither but looked almost everywhere, it's likely that if we find one, we could find both. They're probably bunking together...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
I'd prefer mothman, not that I believe in mothman...it's more likely that bigfoot exists than mothman because bigfoot is far more plausible.

Am I the only one who finds the bigfoot thing kinda bland? I like the subject of cryptozoology, it's fascinating, but bigfoot bores me, because...well, it's just a big ape-like thing, whereas mothman is really quite mysterious and almost paranormal.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool if they proved once and for all that bigfoot was real, but consequently, I'd forget all about it and be largely unamazed...but if they caught mothman, or a jersey devil...that'd be quite remarkable.

Seems more people are desperately seeking the huge ape type thing, and I always wondered why. As a product of reality, of nature, bigfoot is plausible...I don't understand why people care about it so much.

Be like discovering a new lizard or something...we know lizards exist, this is just another type of lizard we've never seen before...cool, but not that impressive.

I'd rather we found some mythical monster...even a unicorn would be more interesting than a large apeloid.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously...if you had the choice right now, to prove conclusively once and for all that either bigfoot or mothman are real...which would you choose?

I would have to go with Bigfoot. At this point, too many people assume they are fake, when there are many reasons they could be real. If one was captured, all the naysayers would have to eat some crow. That alone would be reason enough to choose Bigfoot! Plus, Mothman, if real, is seriously creepy, and probably demonic. Capture one? Sounds too much like the start of a real nasty horror movie.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'd feel more at home with a bigfoot. 15 EEEE myself.

edit on 1-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Good gracious! Are you sure you aren't the subject of some of those sightings? Where on earth do you find shoes, man?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Good gracious! Are you sure you aren't the subject of some of those sightings? Where on earth do you find shoes, man?

I think they are easier to find nowadays than before. I wear new balance tennies usually. I can crowd my foot into a 13-4E when I wear dress shoes, can't usually get cheaper dress shoes that big. I guess big foots don't go to church much.

Big feet come in handy when walking on top of snow. They also help you swim. If I lost a little weight, I could walk on water

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I think they are easier to find nowadays than before. I wear new balance tennies usually. I can crowd my foot into a 13-4E when I wear dress shoes, can't usually get cheaper dress shoes that big. I guess big foots don't go to church much.

Big feet come in handy when walking on top of snow. They also help you swim. If I lost a little weight, I could walk on water

After all the rotten news today, and the last couple of days, I really needed a laugh.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I would have to go with Bigfoot also. I think my profile signature entry would give that away. Besides, Bigfoot is supposed to be a very large, stinky, bi-pedal mammal that 1) Has left no fossil record 2) Never left a shred of evidence behind, EVER (like E.T - Some smart critters out there!
) 3) .Lives everywhere, but is never seen 'living' anywhere. 4) Leaves no Thermal/IR image 5) Has never been stunned by an automobile, and brought home by a family that feels guilty about driving too fast on back country roads that should be driven very carefully, because there might be animals in the road and there could be an accident.

Mothman - Only shows up occasionally, and no matter what, he's always pissed off about something. Like Joe Biden. That's the key for me. Mothman always shows up when 'he' feels like it, no one ever sees him digging in a dumpster, or skipping rocks along the water at a secluded beach near Vancouver, or strolling aimlessly thru nature with it's kids, not a care in the world! No. Mothman is always grumpy and scaring people. I like big foot a whole lot better. Plus, I saw him on Futurama, and you can tell, he just wants to stop being misunderstood!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Mothman.

Big foot is just a regular kind of guy ... living in the woods and minding his own business ... caveman style. But Mothman is seriously creepy and the stuff of nightmares.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Where do people come up with these questions? I love it! When I can't sleep it's good to have something like this to ponder. Hmmm. I agree - leave Bigfoot In peace. He's just chillin in the woods and isnt bothering amyone. The mothman is allegedly a wicked beastly creature so probably would somehow escape after some good pictures next to Biden or something - we find out once and for all he exists and he learns his lesson after being captured only to find out humans are far more frightening and doesn't scare people anymore.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Mothman.

Big foot is just a regular kind of guy ... living in the woods and minding his own business ... caveman style. But Mothman is seriously creepy and the stuff of nightmares.

See? That's exactly why I don't want them to catch one! That's just the sort of thing that would lead to an escape, and total mayhem. Then again.....so could Bigfoot.....I have seen movies using both scenarios, lol!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Besides, Mothman is a big dude! How do we know Mothman isn't a Bigfoot in a Mothman costume that is friends with George Lucas and knows all about that CGI stuff that let's him fool people like the National Security Agency and Geraldo Rivera! Besides, I know the folks at the National Security Agency are working pretty hard tonite. I just thought they might appreciate reading something that's a little less heavy than all the crap they're having to wade through on a night like this!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Besides, Mothman is a big dude! How do we know Mothman isn't a Bigfoot in a Mothman costume that is friends with George Lucas and knows all about that CGI stuff that let's him fool people like the National Security Agency and Geraldo Rivera! Besides, I know the folks at the National Security Agency are working pretty hard tonite. I just thought they might appreciate reading something that's a little less heavy than all the crap they're having to wade through on a night like this!

No doubt, they could use something to keep them sane, on a night like this.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Mothman is like Slender man (which isn't real) it's around for soo long that we don't even know what the hell he is. I don't think we can ever prove if that thing is real until we are on the same status as his. A being who can simultaneous be at two places at same time, ressurect the dead, see the future and time travel... Pretty bad-ass huh?

Anyway, the Big-foot, if it's real, have better chances of being find. Animals are know to survive for thousands of years with very low populations enough to be avoided.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What would happen if they caught a live Bigfoot?

Remember what happened to the 8th Wonder of the World, he was put out for show and wound up climbing the Empire State Building.

Would Bigfoot be the 9th Wonder of the World? Would he be on Dateline, 20/20, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, the History Channel, National Geographic, World News, The Sun and BBC 1, 2 and 3 ~ ALL at once?

Would he be in a cage or maybe drugged in an all glass room and on air 24/7 for all to see?

Would they name him Bob?

Would there be protest?

"Let Bob go! Let Bob go!"

I think it would be cool but sad at the same time.

Come back Michael Crichton, we need you!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Im with you OP. Bigfoot is more than likely just a large North American primate. A little bit boring unless you're up close and afraid for your life. Moth man ,on the other hand, could be anything :alien , monster, montauk experiment gone wrong. The implications would be mind blowing

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Originally I was going to say Mothman, no question. But, thinking about it... they're both pretty awesome.

The discovery of Bigfoot - especially if it were able to communicate in some way - could completely change how we view our own biological history.

The discovery of Mothman could completely change how we view the fabric of time and space.

Hmm... I'm still gonna go with Mothman.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join