It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I enlightened? Do I want to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
1.Having or showing a rational, modern, and well-informed outlook.

Ab-so-lute-ly! No question.. YES.

2.Spiritually aware.

Come again? pardon? I do not follow?

What is this spirit trash? I have experienced things which I consider to be paranormal and also supernatural. The spirit aspect does not come into play in these at all however so I am still scratching my head.

Am I spiritually aware? H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks NO, resoundingly NO.. the idea of it is just gross to me, brings back memories of being an 8 yr old hearing a *creak* in my closet door and wondering if the Holy Spirit was really on my side..

Creepy & gross & negative was all I ever took from "spirituality".

Now, What is Spirituality?

The term spirituality lacks a definitive definition

Cool, so I can freely give you my definition without definitive contrast.

Its ghosts, things like that. The idea that people die and keep watching us. I do not believe in such a trashy idea at all.. but this is definitively the 2nd part of enlightenment.

C'mon with the "Your not looking hard enough" replies, I'm ready. NO pseudo-trash please.. I am as connected to the outside world as one can be. If there is such a thing as living outside of the system right now, I'm doing it.

So should I just ignore the 2nd definition or study Buddhism a little more?
edit on 1-4-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Apparently you are not that enlightened mate

Happy 1st of April

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I didn't even have a post up yet man, lol...

I accidentally made the thread without any subject matter and got 2 flags?

At least read what i wrote?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by Rodinus

I didn't even have a post up yet man, lol...

I accidentally made the thread without any subject matter and got 2 flags?

At least read what i wrote?

Just humour on my behalf and my fingers thought before my brain did, no hard feelings i hope?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Of coarse not, all good bro.

would like to hear your thoughts on what I did post though if you have any?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by Rodinus

Of coarse not, all good bro.

would like to hear your thoughts on what I did post though if you have any?

Well, when i read your post i found myself to have a lot in common with you, although i would not use the word "connected" but more the definition "realist"

Well, back to cooking lunch now as the wife is going barmy as the spuds have not been peeled yet and it's my task today!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have 2 understandings of enlightenment. The western concept that encompasses the philosophies of europe in the 17th and 18th century, which you seem to be subscribing to. Which sort to challenge religious mysticism.

Unlike, the Eastern concept of enlightenment represented by taoism,buddhism etc, which deals more on a spiritual level, but not in the same way westerners interpret spirituality. More a way of waking up to the illusion of life.

Actually I made a thread with a similar title, but focussed more on the Eastern philosophies concept of enlightenment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-4-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I don't know what your on about.. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
For me en-light-ened is when you feel the light from the other side. You can be an asshole and still play around with duality and ego when you are en-light-ened.

Those who are it knows it and cannot doubt it since it is with them every day 24-7.

I do not know anyway to become en-light-ened but the amagydala fear overload way, where you literally crush the ego where there so much fear in the body that it cannot stop crying and your soul and mind does literally not care at all anymore since you are thru with the stupidety of this life and small minded idiocy. In that moment you create more need than ever you have created.

There seem to be other who know of a longer road that gives result but do not make the switch so sudden. That is more gentle and nice and probably the most suitable road for a soul.

When you are en-light-ened from my definitions view then you will experiance in your bodies the charkas or something similar that fit the description. En-light-ment is a tool for viewing what is around you but not the potential wisdom that can be learned from using it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Enlightenment is a journey, not a destination, only a few humans such as Jesus, the Buddha and some others have been thought to have reached total enlightenment.

What is spiritual awareness? The belief that you are a "spirit"? The belief that you are more than what is stated on your birth certificate? Spiritual awareness begins to develop when one realizes that one is not merely defined by ones thoughts and emotions, and neither defined by ones physical form. The realization that one is not defined by any forms, be they tangible or intangible, is the beginning of spiritual awareness and enlightenment.

edit on 1-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Hi there!

I personally see the whole enlightenment business as mostly a scam to sell books. There is no state of enlightenment after which you suddenly can fly or read minds or are happy all the time.

Mostly it´s about selling books.

It cannot hurt to be open to new ideas, but I think the whole new age movement is in it´s core financially based.

Although the followers only want the best for the world and want to raise all sorts of vibrations to support that, I do not think that they are on the right track.

Stay open to new ideas, but do not forget logic, rationality and reason. That is what most "enlightened" people here lack severely.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Spirituality is... generally speaking (and in my own opinion) a recognition that our existence in this physical, mortal realm contains much more than meets the eye. It is an awakening of personal discovery an exploration beyond that which we can always see, feel, smell and taste.

There is a vast and as yet, almost wholly undiscovered universe around us. More than that, this space is likely only one facet of all that is out there... which is often referred to as being multidimensional.

Of course, it is up to us as individuals to choose our own paths. If you are comfortable with yours, then that is what matters.

top topics

join