It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest unanswered question...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake
[more

The ancient egyptians believed lots of things.

From what perspective do we have a specific weight for the soul?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Duncan MacDougall can give you a better definition than I can.

en.wikipedia.org...(doctor) As you can see not everyone agrees.

That's the point peoples perspectives are immensely different, like I have a Soul and you believe that you don't.

Happy to continue later, changing baby right now. LoL
edit on 31-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If we traveled back in time to before the supposed big bang, we could not go back far enough to see a space with nothing in it. If there is space, then something is filling that space. The only way to make it nothing is to completely collapse the space by removing everything in it, which is impossible. Just my opinion.
reply to post by jiggerj

Sorry... this above made me think of space time and gravity as you were stating it would have to collapse, but it bends and warps it.

Light is said to bend, however it has no mass.

There are plenty of unanswered questions in the philosophy of science. Once can use his or her imagination though.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

So you don't believe you have a Soul?

No, I don't believe in 'souls' due to the complete and utter lack of evidence to suggest such a thing exists. It's the silly and poorly thought out fiction of mortals that have gotten greedy, imho.

That's ok science has conditioned you to think that way.

If you mean critically, and to not believe a claim until it's burden of proof has been met, then yes you're correct...

Tell me this then, why does a Human body lose 21 grams in weight just after death? There is our Soul right there continuing its journey.

Ignoring the fact that you've (amazingly in 2013) bought into a 100 year old myth, do you think a 'soul' is a psychical object that has weight and mass?

In which cavity of the body does it exist?

Does it require oxygenated blood and nutrients?

If it's a psychical object then how does it leave the body?

If a person in an accident receives brain damage, and there entire personality is changed/destroyed, is the soul also damaged?

Have you ever seriously put any thought into these beliefs?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Duncan MacDougall...and there you have it.

It was a silly statement about the weight of a soul...and I was just pushing you a little on it.

Just for fun...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

If it's true that some sort of energy has always existed through eternity then by logical deduction it's a given that some sort of omnipresent God does exist.

How can this be logical deduction? If something exists because a state of nothing cannot exist, why does it imply a god? If I say, this ground is not dry, then by default it must be in some state of wetness, be it soaked from a rain storm, damp from absorbing morning moisture, or some animal urinated on it
, why does this automatically call for a divine purpose or reason?

Just because you can't grasp the concept of nothing doesn't mean such a state cannot exist. And I know you're going to say something like "but nothing is still something and therefore not nothing", but that's not true because the logic of that argument is flawed also.

Nope, I would never say that. Nothing is not something. It is the total absence of something. So, if the concept of 'nothing' is real, then we should be able to take an item and reduce it back to nothing. We hammer a grain of sand until it becomes dust.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

If we traveled back in time to before the supposed big bang, we could not go back far enough to see a space with nothing in it. If there is space, then something is filling that space. The only way to make it nothing is to completely collapse the space by removing everything in it, which is impossible. Just my opinion.
reply to post by jiggerj

Sorry... this above made me think of space time and gravity as you were stating it would have to collapse, but it bends and warps it.

Light is said to bend, however it has no mass.

There are plenty of unanswered questions in the philosophy of science. Once can use his or her imagination though.

Might be off topic, so we'll have to see if this survives. Without doing a search, because I feel like chatting
, are you sure that light has no mass? I thought light was a whole bunch of photons? If photons have no mass how come they can be stopped by walls? If you shine a light in a room, why doesn't the light pass through walls and light up other rooms?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

I can't make you believe something you obviously don't want to believe. As to your questions, what's the point you obviously know the answers.

I did like the "in which cavity of the body does the Soul reside!" question, my answer would be your arse of course! LoL

As to the "Have you ever seriously put any thought into these beliefs? question, do you mean like really serious???

edit on 31-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Might be off topic, so we'll have to see if this survives. Without doing a search, because I feel like chatting , are you sure that light has no mass? I thought light was a whole bunch of photons? If photons have no mass how come they can be stopped by walls? If you shine a light in a room, why doesn't the light pass through walls and light up other rooms?

It is off topic.. lol

People will argue with different scientific bias as to why photons have no mass and its puzzling to me as well.... but the consensus is light has no mass. Space time, gravity, and light is definitely another thread, however one cannot say what is outside of time, unless you believe by faith or a knowing it is consciousness itself.

I just posted this another thread. It left me in awe of experiments I was unaware of. Its enlightening to say the least.... watch it if you dare.

To say or think theoretical physicists are not into and or trying to prove life exists outside of space and time, are mistaken.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I saved the documentary and will watch it later. I need to rest now because I've pigged out on Easter Candy and I think I'm in sugar shock.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Ahahaha... yeah you may need to regroup before you watch it. Its loaded with science that may blow your mind more than the sugar.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by jiggerj

Ahahaha... yeah you may need to regroup before you watch it. Its loaded with science that may blow your mind more than the sugar.

I'm just leaving now. I believe I will be able to watch it with an open mind for one reason and one reason alone. I had watched a documentary on consciousness beyond our known senses, and the speaker in that one said, "Who hasn't experienced a moment where we felt we were being watched, and when we turned around we found out it was true."
It kind of blew me away because how can this be explained without attributing some kind of ESP to it, or a consciousness that goes beyond our own gray matter???
edit on 3/31/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/31/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hmmmm is a state of nothing impossible though?

What troubles me the most is where everything came from.. i can't have always been there?? i know it's absolutely unthinkable for most people to contemplate, i'm not even sure i support the simulation theory myself.. but i think that it's quite a feasable argument. Maybe our whole reality, our whole universe has been created in a huge petri dish.. or more probable a HUGE hadron colider and we're just not as special as we think we are.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The MIND is where its all at in my opinion. I cannot even study or read religious texts or any philosophy for that matter without taking into consideration that the mind is "where its all at". That probably doesn't make sense to you, but when you add all the collective thoughts and ideas up, it makes sense how the ancient philosophers were not so "out there" after all... they were intuitively connected to all that is and the information that is available.

The Three Initiates, again as old as the philosophy is... knew the mind, the consciousness is creative and creates the reality in which we live.

The Universe itself is a mind within a mind within a mind and so on. Everything is consciousness and a reflection of an image. Literally... its how we see the outside world and how its conveyed to our brains. Neuro ~ Science is really cool.

When you read the member, Enochwasright's, threads he is all about delivering the Bible with a mind frame that is much different than a Christian Theologian. His philosophy is hard to understand because he gets in the minds of the ancient ones and delivers what he sees in that context. Many religious leaders take away the mysticism of philosophy and replace it with dogmatic philosophies that many of us know is contradictory to the what we know and or feel to be true or add up to make sense.

Like take for instance the Resurrection. The Resurrection is symbolic and a reflection of what happens to the physical body when the spirit and or consciousness exits it. The body loses mass and the spirit of the consciousness is resurrected..never ending. The body we see is a reflection of light. Each "thing" we see is a reflection of the light that passes to the back of our brain.

When the story is told Jesus said in the final hour that "It is finished", it is also what we will say when we have evolved into the type of consciousness we deem a perfected state of mind and until this happens our work is not finished. Jesus evolved over time... in space time.... within matter itself. This is also why and or how he is considered to be the "first and the last Adam (man)". He is symbolic for the state of man within the mind.

His story is a reflection of our own. This is why it is said to be an Image of God. We are the reflection of all that is and will be.

Every-"thing" permeates electromagnetic radiation. What we perceive is all vibrations of energy.

Edgar Cayce is someone who knew things, he shouldn't be able to know.

His book about the Bible is a fascinating one. Its called Edgar Cayce's Story of the Bible.

He doesn't explain it as the church explains it... its an eye opener... really. He says "the mind is the builder" and science proves this.

The book is a good one. He read the Bible 67 times (thats how old he was) and he was an active member as a Southern Baptist, even!
A Christian is what he considered himself to be, although many in the religion deny him as being evil because he was prophetic... lol... go figure. His future map is also the map the Navy uses as the future state of America. Leaders sought him out and people still seek his Earth changes today as many are uneasy in the world in which we live with all the uncertainties we are facing today.

www.edgarcayce.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theblain

Expand your mind.. dig deeper. If nothing else, watch the video I linked above. It will open your mind to the possibilities that Science is proving what the ancients already know/knew.

I think you will LOVE it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by theblain

I don't believe in god for starters.

Your belief is against logic and all the signs around you.

This may broaden your horizon:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

So you want to see source code or the programmer of the source code? Perspective can be a great thing and it can also make people focus too hard.

Want the shortcut to mathematics and science? Learn coding........but this is just my opinion I suppose.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

It would boil down to perspective, there is no such thing as cold but we interpret it as such, cold is only the absence of heat.

There are many compelling arguments regarding reality being sim, higher lifeforms, bacterial lifeforms, machine life forms.

There is only 1 thing that is sure for me, dimensional time travel does exist, everything else is speculation on my part.

Here's my favorite origin of the universe story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theblain
i wonder if somewhere there are beings who answer all these questiong easily

Those questions HAVE in fact been answered by the one you "don't believe in"...

"The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:4

One day you WILL come to know that we have been lied to my friend.

We have been lied to about EVERYTHING...

The evidence for this is everywhere yet people choose to believe the dis-info and lies instead.

The SOONER you learn the truth, the better.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymousman

Thanks for the videos. Always love listening to physicists.

I watched the first video first.... pretty compelling. Will have to watch that one again.

Starting on the first video now.. (my second).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join