It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest unanswered question...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by theblain

Surely.. SURELY something had to have put it there??

I disagree. The statement should read, Surely, SURELY, there could never have been a state of Absolute Nothing. So, by default there always had to have been something.

If we traveled back in time to before the supposed big bang, we could not go back far enough to see a space with nothing in it. If there is space, then something is filling that space. The only way to make it nothing is to completely collapse the space by removing everything in it, which is impossible. Just my opinion.

It is exactly because absolute non-existence presented the obstacle preventing omniscience from staking a claim to omnipresence since the "effort" to "go there" fails and the result (wake) is the geometric infinite division and subtraction we recognize as the Singularity. Only when the ONE Singularity is engaged in infinite rate and angular diversity kinetics does a non-existence exist. Where that Singularity IS NOT, as a composite of that "flight path" of the Singularity, it is a produced "Non-existence" that can be entered into using thing that are finite as proxies, like us, for instance. Where the Singularity IS, as a composite of that same "flight path" is the infinite expanse dimension. The ONE Singularity itself is the dimension of depth, and angular diversity is the dimension of width.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by jiggerj

Gravity bends or warps space and time, does it not? If your answer is yes....

How does it do that?

How does gravitational time dilation work?

uh, space and time is just a mental construct so man can make sense of his environment. Primitives need symbols...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

OP, I really wish I could share what I saw, for now all I can tell you is to keep a close eye on what seem to be aircraft lights at night. It looked nothing out of the ordinary until it "left".

If you do ever see one, it will blow your mind then you'll start wondering how many important people throughout history have seen one too.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Some thoughts to consider. First, there are so many links claiming that Casey was debunked. This doesn't matter to me because it's hearsay,

When we think that there is a mind out there that is somehow responsible for everything and is guiding us in some way, please consider what we humans do even today. It is so easy for us to assign human emotions and thoughts and agendas to animals. It's what we do because we can't see past ourselves yet. We can only experience life as we know how to, so we assume that everything else also experiences life as we know it.

Is there a god? A lot of people think so. And apparently, he thinks and feels just like we do. This very notion should raise a lot of doubts seeing as we are far from perfect.

In that documentary you posted, some scientist assigned some kind of conscious awareness, some kind of human intelligence that could understand his language, to the water. Before freezing the water he made sure he said something positive, or wrote nice things on paper next to the water. The water froze in a beautiful crystalline shape. If he had taken the time to think this through he should have come up with the notion that if water is capable of any type of conscious awareness, it would have thought, "OH S&^%, I'M BEING FROZEN TO DEATH!"

Also, here in New England, I've seen absolutely stunning images of when moisture freezes on windows. Could that possibly mean anything other than it's really cold out? I doubt it.

So, now we have uncovered the weird world of quantum physics and the first thing we do (the first thing that comes natural to us) is to bestow our anthropomorphism to that which we don't understand. Waves and particles MUST have some kind of conscious intelligence. Again, I'm just not buying it.

I will concede that there must be something out there that is way WAY beyond our comprehension at this time. Is it the biblical god? Not a chance in hell. Is there some kind of intelligence as we know it? If there were such a thing, then we'd know it now.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ahhh. You have hit on what evolutionists cannot answer, those that talk of the Big Bang. They say everything came from nothing a split second after nothing existed.

Sorry, but those guys have more 'faith' than anyone believing in a supernatural creator outside of our existential dimension.

Hilarious really, they laugh at Christians for their faith in somethign they cannot see and forget they believe in something even more fantastic that they cannot prove.

ha ha ha ha ha. I love it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The way I see it, there are only a few facts that we know of.

1: The universe wasn´t always there / had a beginning

Why do we know that as a fact? Because we can observe the background radiation from the big bang itself. Science knows exactly what happened just fractions after the big bang.

At least within our universe time does exist btw, so that is the standpoint from which we have to argue.

2: Energy cannot be destroyed or created, just transformed.

A simple law of physics, which we can all relate to.

Those two points leave a creator of some kind as the only option. It doesn´t have to be the religious god like for example the one in the bible. I think that is a very old fashioned idea of a deity which holds no grounds in reality.

I define it for me as some form of intelligence, and I do not think that I will get even a smidge closer than that during my lifetime. How could we?

IF you however deny the possibility of an intelligent source then YOU have no other option than to believe in magic.

I mean you are an intelligent being living in a system called universe, and you absolutely ignore the option of an intelligent creator? Do you not see how weird that sounds?

Rather you choose to not know what or who is responsible until science tells you what to believe. Or you believe that everything just came out of nothing? Without any intelligent influence?

Like magic?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

The truth is as always in the middle.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Ahhh. You have hit on what evolutionists cannot answer, those that talk of the Big Bang. They say everything came from nothing a split second after nothing existed.

Sorry, but those guys have more 'faith' than anyone believing in a supernatural creator outside of our existential dimension.

Hilarious really, they laugh at Christians for their faith in somethign they cannot see and forget they believe in something even more fantastic that they cannot prove.

ha ha ha ha ha. I love it.

TBH I (an 'evolutionist'
) laugh more at posts like this....

edit on 1-4-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I've never leaned towards religion and gods either, not since I was very young and did not trouble myself with thoughts on creation. Of course, in following science I have come to the same wall as anyone else who subscribes to empirical evidence: what, or who put everything here? What created the singularity that all evidence points to causing the Big Bang. Soon after coming to that question, I went back to believing in a god, but not a god that wishes to be worshiped, or a sentient god. Just a god; a force that just exists, like gravity or magnetism. od is creation, and creation happens. To me, this is the simplest answer.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Read the short (83 pages) FREE book: "BACK AGAIN" by Larry Rich Copyright 2010 © Larry Rich
Available in PDF free on-line. It will pretty much explain it all....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
my biggest question is... what happens when people die. I just cant accept the fact that we all are as pointless as some worms without souls. even thou it might sound kinda funny lol
edit on 1-4-2013 by Latvietis96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Latvietis96

If you believe we are a form of EM energy then we go back to the source, like a current carried through a circuit.

If you believe we are a form of kinetic energy then we dissipate into nothingness. (you could also call that the source)

If you're afraid of dying you cling to the notion of immortality and an afterlife, if you are not afraid to live you accept everything as an experience even death.

Life is just a complete and requisite 3d immersive interactive simulation, have fun, we're playing the ultimate form of the sims.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

TBH I (an 'evolutionist'
) laugh more at posts like this....

edit on 1-4-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

He is right though, you know? What do you believe happened before the big bang? Science cannot answer that, it isn´t even trying in fact. That is not what science is for.

The only possible answer for you is "I don´t know". Therefore somekind of an intelligent creator remains the most logical option. As there is no other.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by pacifier2012

The truth is as always in the middle.

Often I find creamy nougat in the middle....hmph strange, I might be doing this wrong.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

You might indeed....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join