It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DofD, NO Purple Hearts to Those Killed & Wounded at Ft. Hood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Obama Administration is doubling down, via the Department of Defense, on Nadil Hasan's killing spree at Ft. Hood, in 2009 is "an act of workplace violence" instead of an act of terrorism against unarmed American military personnel on US soil.

From Fox News:

“The Army objects to (the proposal) because it would undermine the prosecution of Major Nidal Hasan by materially and directly compromising Major Hasan’s ability to receive a fair trial. This provision will be viewed as setting the stage for a formal declaration that Major Hasan is a terrorist, on what is now the eve of trial. Such a situation, prior to trial, would fundamentally compromise the fairness and due process of the pending trial,” the document said.

By purposeful PC rheotric, ALL US soil military installations are "gun free zones" so those who lost their lives or were wounded by Hasan were sitting ducks. They appear to be collateral damage to PC dogma, and the surviving wounded are also NOT eligible for the same disability as someone harmed in "action." The treatment the survivors and the families of the deceased is beyond shameful.

Here is the link to the full story:
www.foxnews.com...

Now never lose site of the FACT that Nadil Hasan was so "valued" as a PC addition to our military that he was a part of President elect Obama's Transition Team, via a "think tank" at George Washington University's Himeland Security Institute. From the Canada Free Press (yep, you have to go to nonUS sources for reference...most US pages scrubbed):

www.canadafreepress.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm in the military, and I don't see a problem here.

The victims were not in combat, they just happened to be on base when they were shot. The people who were killed in Quantico last week aren't going to get purple hearts either.

The victims and families will get all the benefits they are entitled to and nothing more. Same as anyone else.

Sounds to me like someone is just trying to politicize this. I dislike Obama as much as anyone, but come on now.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

The government says the shooter is a crazy person.

He was shouting "Allahu Akbar" while he was executing people because he is crazy. He wasn't part of a jihad..

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

WatchItBurn, thank you for your service...but PLEASE read the following, from February of this year, the Los Angeles Times. The survivors and families of the slain are NOT receiving the proper benefit and insurance. The DoD/Obama Administration is bending over backwards to coddle the PC meme and by extension, Hasan:

articles.latimes.com...

edit on 30-3-2013 by Glinda because: To fix typos; ATSing from my cellphone

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It really boils down to.....It's not about "pride" or saving the country,.... or preserving the freedom of the people anymore,It's about World Banks/Renewable resource control/and superior force against any and all who oppose the goals of those empowered with the tools of mass destruction.That's it...no extras to confuse the plain truth...it is what it is.............I for one am ashamed of our leaders and their choices,lot's of worthy Soldiers go unsung and for deeds of hero/heroism that i am greatly disheartened but how can you expect anything different from organizations who put the people second and their personal goals first...the very people of whom became rich off of the people.....
I boooooo these individuals responsible for their poor choice's in honor and respect.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

I read it.

And I still assert that they are recieving what they rate.
Why would others recive satisfactory care while others do not? Makes no sense. I've been involved with coordinating with families of KIAs, everyone is treated the same.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I bet if there had been a high ranking general there he would have gotten a medal.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The government probably cant afford to make the little medals anymore.
ETA nor can they afford to properly compensate the families of the fallen

edit on 30/3/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Okay, so if ever there *IS* a Jihadi who attacks Americans? (You know, that elusive creature that they say hides behind almost EVERY bush in the world ...but never exists when we DO get one red-handed??) What will a real one look like?

I would have thought that showing a history of sympathy to terrorists, being in contact with known and established terrorists overseas (his contacts before the shooting) and then shooting U.S. Military, on a base, during a shooting war ...and yelling Allahu Akbar all the time would be a PRETTY BIG CLUE that just maybe we found one of these guys. After all, Janet says they are EVERYWHERE...and we must spend hundreds of billions to defend, hunt for and subdue the dire threat to civilization itself.

So.. Why do we make EVERY EXCUSE for why they don't exist in the people we DO get .....before going back to tell everyone they really are behind every bush again?

They've just lost it. They don't even make sense to the public anymore. Pick a position and stick with it but they flip and flop like a fish on a hot beach. No rhyme or reason except that no one is EVER EVER responsible for anything. Not really. Never.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join