It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do human beings make things so hard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Eveything could be so much easier and simple but in life this is mostly not the case. Things are done the hard way.

Take for example Religion, is this the best vehicle for taking humans to a higher place of being. I think not!
In most cases it leads people to war and worship idols which have no power to offer them any real improvement to their lives.

Take another example, the World economy which spreads its tentacles out over everyone; like some kind of insidious organised matrix web of hypocrisy and confusion, and has everyone living at the edge of apprehension wondering when the whole thing will fly apart.

Why then why are humans so easily duped and accepting to living in a world where everything must be done the hard way?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The people who start wars are not religious.. If they call for a holy war, they are representing Satan. Don't label honest religious folk alongside those tyrants.. With the rest, I totally agree. This world could be much better but to anyone who tries, good luck with that, the tyrants will put an end to that quick smart.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Why then why are humans so easily duped and accepting to living in a world where everything must be done the hard way?

Herd mentality?

Team mentality?

Take your pick, but both of the above are to blame for our problems as far as I am concerned! What ever happened to right versus wrong, good versus evil?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
because some people say the harder things are the more accomplished we feel when we overcome them...

Well... I never did feel more accomplished or satisfied by doing something harder or easier, just ... well done is done. The easier the better.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Well in the last century it were nationalisim and political ideas, social reforms, power grabs, economic war, that killed way way more people than religion of any sort.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You say religions and the economy as if they were singular institutions with coherent goals -- they aren't they are collectives or hives made up of millions or different moving parts.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Eveything could be so much easier and simple but in life this is mostly not the case. Things are done the hard way.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Take for example Religion, is this the best vehicle for taking humans to a higher place of being. I think not!
In most cases it leads people to war and worship idols which have no power to offer them any real improvement to their lives.

the only thing with the power to offer any real improvement to one's life is oneself. religion isn't the problem, it's people misunderstanding or misusing it. some people unfortunately are twats but there are just as many non-religious twats out there as there are religious ones.

Take another example, the World economy which spreads its tentacles out over everyone; like some kind of insidious organised matrix web of hypocrisy and confusion, and has everyone living at the edge of apprehension wondering when the whole thing will fly apart.

the world economy has grown into a complex and often mishandled beast. it does look like we're heading for some changes but i think humanity will adapt, should everything go belly up, we're good at that =)

"Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants." -Benjamin Franklin

edit on 29-3-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I thought this thread would be easy but its getting hard, can humans ever be any different. Can a south pole not ever be drawn to a north pole. Do all roads lead to the inevitable collapses of the human race to be intregrated into the technological world of the Hive, just like the Borg on Star Trek.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tachyonmind

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Did he say that before of after he was to blame for more than 140 thousand allied casualties in 1915 in nine months during the brutal failed Gallipoli campaign where he was "master mind" of?

Its kinda easy to be an optimist when you're drunk.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Something came to mind.

People did something wrong, and then there's this force that will punish them for their wrong if they don't do what it demands. That way these people obey this force losing all focus and become literally enslaved to it, hurting many people in their vicinity.

They musn't have done anything wrong exactly. It (this force) can deveice them by claiming it may spread lies about these people, so they will become imprisoned, or hated, or lose their position in life or whatever. So this force can be. It can get a hold on them. This way it can ruin peoples lives or make things hard for people.

Don't believe me, but mind what I say.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Humanity is still in it's infancy. They are still learning to support the weight of their own heads, so to speak. It will be frustrating for many as they learn to take their first steps, looking back upon their younger brothers and sisters who still struggle to sit up.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

They have disconnected from the source - where the real power is. Therefore they replenish their energy supplies through a tug of war - on an individual / national and international scale.

It is all about energy and the thirst for more ....

When actually... if we plugged in - 'eureka' free energy [ prana - or whatever we want to call it ]

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Financially based Visual/Audio sensory respondent MASS SOCIAL MIS PROGRAMMING. Which in turn generates the areas for the duping to occur which cause the hard way responses @ times with Humanity.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Humans overcomplicate things. You do not have to belong to a religion to believe in god. We have been conditioned for thousands of years to be part of society, a society that makes most people work to acquire things that we really don't need. It is really hard to break free from this conditioning and realize that so much of what we now see is not necessary. People want to make an easy living at the expense of others labors.

I might as well talk to the squirrels, at least they will be able to comprehend what I say

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Perhaps we're getting something out of doing things the hard way. It may be a learning tool we're not ready to let go of yet. We definitely like over-complicating things because it just can't be that simple.

Who says it has to be hard? It doesn't have to be. It may take time, dedication, and work, but no where, besides to your own belief, does something have to be hard. I think it's as simple as choosing and deciding that we're not going to do things the hard way anymore.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Divisions were meant to be uptil now, this was part of the great plan and intelligent design of the Supreme Being.

As mysterious as this sounds, lets look at the fractal nature of how this works.

"We" as human beings are physically separate but consciously we have more or less the same beliefs/truths.

Having separate thoughts and will leads us to inevitable "fights" whether it is with our family members, friends or next door neighbors. We have to accept that this was meant to be like this.

We are emotional beings and anger, hatred, jealousy was meant to be experienced by us. This is why we hear "God allows us to make mistakes and learn from them".

The same fractal observation can be seen in part(s) of the Supreme Being expressing the universal truth:
en.wikipedia.org...
"Perennialism is a perspective within the philosophy of religion which views each of the world’s religious traditions as sharing a single, universal truth on which foundation all religious knowledge and doctrine has grown. Each world religion, including but not limited to, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Taoism, Confucianism, Shinto, Sikhism and Buddhism, is an interpretation of this universal truth adapted to cater for the psychological, intellectual and social needs of a given culture of a given period of history. The universal truth which lies at heart of each religion has been rediscovered in each epoch by saints, sages, prophets and philosophers. These include not only the 'founders' of the world's great religions but also gifted and inspired mystics, theologians and preachers who have revived already existing religions when they had fallen into empty platitudes and hollow ceremonialism.

Although the sacred scriptures of the world religions are undeniably diverse and often superficially oppose each other, there is discernible running through each a common doctrine regarding the ultimate purpose of human life. This doctrine is mystical in as far as it views the summum bonum of human life as an experiential union with the supreme being that can only be achieved by undertaking a programme of physical and mental purification."

The same magic is spiralling up on a global scale now:
Empathetic Civilization
www.youtube.com...

Here we realize that inspite of the diverse cultures/beliefs we identify ourselves as species living under a single biosphere. Individuality and free will still remains so that no one goes through the "I DON'T WANT BE ONE FEVER"

Each one of us here has to clear out our own ego, accept the mistakes we have made and join our hearts together by converting fear into love, pain into empathy, sadness to happiness, loneliness to wholeness and build a world where dance, music, joy dwells; A place where flowers blossom, trees grow, all different life-forms co-exist instead of mindless deforestation, wars, suffering and terrorism.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

But don't you realise that these so-called religious folks are basing their religious beliefs on the lie told to them by people in order to control them? If they wish to remain mired in ignorance for whatever reason then that is their choice and they must accept the consequences.

Its just human nature. Most people have an in-built desire to survive. This can manifest itself as greed in weak people, who need to compensate by controlling everything they can. They will resort to whatever methods work, and the most successful methods are those that are currently in place.

Waking up is not enough. Many people are awake and aware of what is being done, but are still under control because they fail to realise that they can do something. The only ways things can be done are outlawed. They are still living bound by the false laws of these evil men and women, and their so-called civilisation.

There is nothing we can actually do about it, short of eugenics. Breeding the "bad" out of the human race. But thats an extremely dangerous path to go down, if even possible. Education can go a long way, but the simple fact is there will always be bad people just like there are bad animals or bad plants. Not a lot we can do about it really, because the most evil of all will be the ones without limits or conscience, and will stop at nothing to achieve what they want.

Its pretty screwed up really cos most people just want to get on with their lives in peace. Its only a minority who ruin it for everyone else. Yet this minority has more wealth and power than the majority.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

"Mindcontrolled zombies"?

Stuck in illusion? We just need a large sign saying "Hold on just a sec!".

Reminds me of this:

Romans 7: 14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I have always found "simple" to be better know what i mean. I think humans just love the challenge of doing sh1t the hard way lol

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A paved road doesn't start pre-paved.

top topics

join