It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Have a Problem with Freedom? Bottom 5 States Score The Lowest !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I guess that means they approve of tyranny.

Full Study Here: PDF

Freedom in the 50 States

It looks like Gov. Chris Christie is the only republican in trouble. New Jersey is not free.

Full List For Overall Rankings

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Of course they approve of tyranny, that's the whole point of their recent movement, they will not accept any other viewpoint but their own. That is when I abandoned ship and moved to a super conservative state (Idaho) even though I am fairly "liberal" to give myself a decent tyranny buffer.

I'm not saying all Democrats are like this, and I actually do support stuff like gay marriage and helping the poor, but the recent movement is getting ridiculously out of hand and isn't going to help anyone in the long run.
edit on 29-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Of course they approve of tyranny, that's the whole point of their recent movement, they will not accept any other viewpoint but their own. That is when I abandoned ship and moved to a super conservative state (Idaho) even though I am fairly "liberal" to give myself a decent tyranny buffer.
edit on 29-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

On a positive note, we appear to have many safe havens to flee to.

ie....California - to - Arizona

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

How do you quantify an abstract ideal? What is the scale they are using?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by TauCetixeta

How do you quantify an abstract ideal? What is the scale they are using?

We score all 50 states on over 200 policies encompassing fiscal policy, regulatory policy, and personal freedom. We weight public policies according to the estimated costs that government restrictions on freedom impose on their victims.
link

How many hoops you have to jump through to live your life.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Go to the link and read the details.

It's on the PDF.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The PDF is long but i found the Economic Freedom Score to be the best list.

Do the democrats have a problem with freedom? The answer is clearly, YES !

Bring on the tyranny!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

“Freedom” is a moral concept. What most people mean by freedom is the ability to pursue one’s ends without unjust interference from others. Of course, reasonable people can disagree about what counts as unjust interference, and it is also controversial whether freedom in this sense ought to trump other desiderata such as social welfare. These questions cannot be answered in a value-neutral way, but citizens and policy makers must try to answer them nonetheless. We are forthright about our moral philosophy so that we can be precise about what counts as “freedom” for us, but we recognize that others may define freedom differently. We have made the data and weights available online so that people can alter our index to fit their own conceptions of freedom. We consider it an open, but interesting, question whether freedom is in any way related to indicators of aggregate social welfare such as income growth and migration.

They admit "freedom" is a subjective term and concede that people have other ways of measuring it.

Its a subjective list. Not factual.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think it is factual that the democrats attack prosperity with higher gas taxes in their

states....ie New York & California.

It is also factual that the democrats attack freedom to own a gun with gun laws that

only work on the noncriminals.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

I think it is factual that the democrats attack prosperity with higher gas taxes in their

It is also factual that the democrats attack freedom to own a gun with gun laws that

Oooooh taxes and gun laws! The horror! Im slitting my wrists in fear!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Oooooh taxes and gun laws! The horror! Im slitting my wrists in fear!

Those FACTS have put them where they belong.

- At the bottom of the list -

It is what it is.

Thank God we have the - freedom - to move to other safe haven states like Arizona ,

North Dakota or Texas.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Not only is their definition of "freedom" subjective, they have completely omitted subjects such as reproductive rights, abortion and the death penalty, because they are controversial and can be seen from both sides (according to them). And of course, gun control is always seen as imposing on freedom, not guaranteeing the masses the freedom to live in a safe country (or state). Smoking restrictions are seen as anti-freedom. My freedom to breath fresh air in public is apparently NOT a freedom, according to this group...

Finally, there's economic freedom and personal freedom. A state can rank very highly on one, but it's standing is wiped out if they rank low on the other.

I'm not a Democrat or Republican, but after looking over this study, I can see that it's much more complex than a simple "Democrats have a problem with freedom" issue. That's a simple and "thought-free" way of stating the findings.

edit on 3/30/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Not only is their definition of "freedom" subjective, they have completely omitted subjects such as reproductive rights, abortion and the death penalty, because they are controversial and can be seen from both sides (according to them). And of course, gun control is always seen as imposing on freedom, not guaranteeing the masses the freedom to live in a safe country (or state). Smoking restrictions are seen as anti-freedom. My freedom to breath fresh air in public is apparently NOT a freedom, according to this group...

Finally, there's economic freedom and personal freedom. A state can rank very highly on one, but it's standing is wiped out if they rank low on the other.

I'm not a Democrat or Republican, but after looking over this study, I can see that it's much more complex than a simple "Democrats have a problem with freedom" issue. That's a simple and "thought-free" way of stating the findings.

edit on 3/30/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Isn't it odd that republicans run the states with freedom?

The states at the bottom are run by the democrats.

Republicans : Pro Freedom
Democrats: Anti Freedom ( Tyranny looks great! Bring it on!)

top topics

join