It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on NK end game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is just an opinion and has no sources so chill

I think that if NK is truly serious in their threats that the plan would be to take all the assets from NK and move over to china and give the order to go from there. I dont think he would honestly attack without leaving the country first. I believe that he sounds serious enough to go through with it but would first transfer all his assets to china and try to collapse the US economy by throwing nukes on us and bolting. Then we will be dragged into another war with peasants instead of bad guys. NK knows the country is on the brink of financial deterioration and may be working for china to hurry a collapse along.

edit on 29-3-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Or hes like his father and his father before him, talk alot of smack with no action.
edit on 29-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I was kind of thinking the same thing.

The time to worry is if/when... they get quiet and not make any threats for a time. THEN i think we may have a problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

They didn't spend all those years and billions fortifying NK bunkers and tunnels to just run to China. Also, China was one of the ones voting for the sanctions...remember? China would hand over Lil' Kim tied in a big red bow, while it's tanks and generals rolled into NK....

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

They didn't spend all those years and billions fortifying NK bunkers and tunnels to just run to China. Also, China was one of the ones voting for the sanctions...remember? China would hand over Lil' Kim tied in a big red bow, while it's tanks and generals rolled into NK....

Could just have been posturing. China is smart enough to keep their agenda's secret.

Might keep Kimmy boy in a nice comfy suite until until the dust settles

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I just wish someone would do something apart from talking smack. Get it over and done with and then we don't have to hear about it anymore.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Right, then we would be hearing no more threads... Instead then we will be hearing about casualty reports coming from South Korea. And those numbers will be high...very high.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Also, China was one of the ones voting for the sanctions...remember? China would hand over Lil' Kim tied in a big red bow, while it's tanks and generals rolled into NK....

I am amazed at how much credence is given by those on this site as to the validity of what happens within sight of the public eye. Its as if nothing whatsoever has been learned over the last decade about how things on the surface are never as they seem, and everything you know is only what they WANT you to know.

Its called a "global stage" for a reason. Its all an orchestrated play for the entertainment (or enthrallment) of the masses. As long as the play is good, they never question whats going on behind the scenes.

So China votes for sanctions against NK... good show! Just ignore whats most likely going on behind that curtain, though. Not important.

edit on 3/29/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Rugged Shark-

Right, then we would be hearing no more threads... Instead then we will be hearing about casualty reports coming from South Korea. And those numbers will be high...very high.

So what is your grand plan for Nth Korea? They are going to bomb the South sooner or later and whether we like seeing massive casualties or not.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I´m no strategist, so this is just the opinion of a Korea watcher.

As far as I can tell North Korea has no immediate wish to bomb South Korea. They will only do that if they are provoked. That has been the situation for the past 60 years.

But what worries me is that North Korean-US tensions are rising more rapidly than South Korean-North Korean tensions. Where as president Park has stated to make the Kaesong Industrial Complex more international focused and is open for talks with NK, the US on the other hand is provoking NK with those B2 and B52 flights.
The US and most of us knew on forehand that NK would react to bombers like bees to honey. All you need to do is read up on how Pyongyang was bombed to smithereens during the Korean War.

Right now it´s time to defuse the situation, because it´s threatening to spiral out of control to a point where neither party is willing or able to stand down.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

What is important, is that China wants a stable Korean peninsula, which, to China, means maintaining the status quo.

My bet...

1) NK and the US agree to talk (no 6 party BS)

2) The US agrees to push for lifted last round of sanctions, and an aid package.

3) NK agrees to inspections (which it will dodge) and no further testing for a set period (which it will ignore). Re-establishment of the armistice, and the hotlines also.

Everyone saves face, everyone backs down.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
I just wish someone would do something apart from talking smack. Get it over and done with and then we don't have to hear about it anymore.

They will.

Just wonder how.
edit on 29-3-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

One reason why the US will come to the table is because Nth Korea don't have anything to lose and that includes oil. There is nothing for the US to gain out of attacking Nth Korea.. Nth Korea are playing the game and they are at a point where they will have no other option but to fight unless they can get the sanctions loosened or removed. The question is what way all parties decide to take.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
For no other reason, than "saving face" i believe that NK will have to do something.
Wether they settle for a few wild artillery rounds on some SK islands or decide to go the distance, depends on how much face they think they may lose out of any given situation.....
Already, i think they have gone further than they planned with this, and they will take action soon.
Wether its something like an invasion is debateable, but somebody has got to take some hostile fire for the NKs
to show the flag, and keep their "face" intact....
Certainly the bomber flights were provocative now well see what transpires.
I doubt that its up to total war at this stage......
NK does possess some subs capable of modifications to launch some form of cruise or balistic missile,
and the commercial ships they have are also capable of same.....

Iran is a wild card in all of this, and certainly has the missiles to supply Kimmy, which will actually reach the USA.
The NKs must have a little more than bluster going for them.
Its whats beneath the murky waters of these international alliances thats a bit disturbing.
There are definate possiilities that i hope the western leaders have under control.
(and i am not sure they do)
edit on 29-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

They can't. One artillery shell, and it's all the excuse we need to call the bluff...and they know it.

To above:

NK does possess some subs capable of modifications to launch some form of cruise or balistic missile,
and the commercial ships they have are also capable of same.....

Which ones? Even if they fibbed, and their Whiskey class ones are still operational, any missiles on those things wouldn't have much range at all, and they'd never get that close.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join