It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Christians view Judaism/Jewish practices?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

This is very interesting, thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

That's fundamentalism, although many Christians also feel very bad about the treatment of Jews in history.
The whole situation in Israel and the Middle East can however be misconstrued into simplistic ways of either blaming or celebrating Jews, when it is really about a country and the actions of a state.
Perhaps sometimes the Christian world sees the Jews as the last line of defense against looming Islamization.
It's Dispensationalism (a cult) wrapped in the garb of fundamentalism.
Real fundamentalism would reject all these fantastic interpretations of prophecy.
They pretend to support a "literal" interpretation of the Bible, but of course in reality that is impossible.
What they are really doing is claiming that every prophecy in the Old Testament somehow has to be fulfilled, and that there are all these prophecies about Israel (of course, it's the Old Testament) that according to them was not fulfilled by Jesus and the church which Jesus founded.

The so-call Israel of modern origin does not form a bastion of defense against Islam but does the opposite by weakening world security by provoking Muslims by the outrages committed against their coreligionists every day in the country of Palestine.
It also made the world a less friendly place for Jews who before enjoyed relative peace living in majority Muslim countries. They were forced to flee their homes for their lives because of the threat against them, in retaliation for the expansion of the Zionist occupation deeper into Palestine.
edit on 31-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

yes , but essentially that is modern day politics and that responsibility doesnt fall on " the average Jewish person" who just goes about their life in relative peace. I dont think that Israel should even effect peoples thoughts on Judaism as a belief system at all. Because this situation has been brought about after the Holocoust so a very tense period in Jewish history, a time of sadness and deep wounds.

Politics is different, most countries are guilty of crimes against others in the name of politics and getting resources for the " peoples" survival.

I dont think Palestines predicament should effect how Christians view Jews at all or Judaism.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I think you may have been thinking of Christians who are into the 'Messianic' thing, rather than necessarily being 'Zionist'.

There are all kinds of Jews so you can't lump then altogether. But there are Jews who absolutely believe that they have a right to take over Palestine and replace the legitimate citizens. I see it as a form of insanity.

Now, there may be an excuse that people can come up with to explain where that insanity comes from, but I am more concerned about Christians who have fallen into this apostasy of believing in cult philosophy which is actually anti-Christian.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Hey any mass killing, segregation etc is insanity but MANY countries do and have done it ..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Hey any mass killing, segregation etc is insanity but MANY countries do and have done it ..
Right, but it is usually done by some tyrant and does not get approval by the general population of the people doing it, or from people in other countries who actually give them money and encourage them to carry on.
That is the real insanity.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Well yes, so Jesus was considered a Jew till his death?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Is it therefore possible that Judaism is more " obvious" in its rules and laws. Namely, the Talmud has much of this aspect of Judaism and is the reason that it has thrived for centuries.

However, its also abit simple and naive, hence why Jews have suffered so incredibly much in history and it hasnt protected them. I know they want/believe in an afterlife and thats principly why they keep the Torah. But it hasnt protected them in the earthly life. Despite their prayers, and they do pray alot ( at least the religious ones do).

So for Jews they celebrate this constant " survival" instinct that they have had to develop.

Its clear the Jews did NOT like Jesus. I mean he wasnt interested in the preistly aspects of Judaism. Or was he?
In their eyes he simply was not forthcoming in the preservation of Judaism and therefore the Jewish people.

Also lets not forget that todays Israel/Palestine situation would likely have infuriated Jesus, but then it has also infuriated other rabbis who choose not to have a strong political view, and prefer that Judaism is mostly of more " spiritual/inclusive " ideas.

I think it was the case that Jesus didnt offer an " alternative way" for Jews. He critisized them but didnt kind of fullfill their need to have rules to which they can obey regulary.

Jesus ultimately was willing to break rules in order to create a new system.

So the relationship between Jewry/Christianity has been love/hate, up and down. Overall not a reliable one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join