It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog or cat in our curry: Fears over 'mystery meat' in takeaway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

DNA tests ruled out lamb. beef, chicken, pork, goat, horse – and even human flesh - leaving the grim possibility it could be dog or cat

It was on the takeway menu as a lamb curry – but it baffled food experts who later examined it.

They were surprised when they found the meaty chunks in the spicy sauce did not contain a single trace of lamb.

And the mystery deepened as DNA tests went on to rule out beef, chicken, pork, goat, horse – and even human flesh.

Just when you thought things could not get any worse, well it has.
Though tbh im suprised this has not come out sooner.

www.mirror.co.uk...

This was revealed in a documentary on bbc3 last night ( I missed it)
Did any members watch it?

Any way happy eating folks hope youv'e had your breakfast.

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: forgot to add source

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Fat cats fed on Eukanuba taste better than beef on steriods

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's nothing new I can remember 30 years ago a chinese restaurant opening near us and the cats in the area started going missing until they found out it was the restaurant

and how many jokes do we do about Kitten tika masala or Poodles in noodles etc, its been around as long as theres been a way to hide it and to the chinese everything is protein

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I missed the documentry.

When my mum was a kid she was offered 50p by the lady at the local chinease to go and get her a cat. I remember her telling me that years ago. She didnt get her the cat.

I wonder how many people over the years have been eating cat chow mein and didnt even realise.

I feel ill.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Strange that they would test for all farm animals-and astoundingly for human flesh?? But not for cat+dog.I would think failing to find DNA of livestock,cat+dog would be the next logical step,before considering human meat.Well i prefer my own homemade curry,for the simple reason that many restaurants+takeaways tend to use meat that's close to going off for their curries-and the less than fresh taste is mostly disguised by the overpowering taste of the curry spices.We usually have seafood or sushi when we eat out,as sushi and yellowtail,is'nt available in the town nearest us.Unless its a topnotch curry restaurant,i would'nt chance it.Still if you love curry,i think it's just best to learn to do it at home.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Been happening as long as I can remember.

A friend of mine's cat was stolen and eaten by her Vietnamese neighbors once.
Just part of life, if you eat asian food, at some point you're going to eat dog or cat.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't know why people continue to support these takeaways. If they aren't cooking up people's pets the blokes that work there are out grooming school girls.

Every penny you spend there just ensures all this stuff continues.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
you may have heard this story coming from the midlands... but it's relevant so i'll share:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Police called to the Pappu Sweet Centre in Wolverhampton in August discovered the man's body on a sofa near the kitchen, magistrates in the city heard.

The court was told that on 27 August a police officer had been called to a report of a dead man there.

A statement of facts, read out to the court, said: "Upon his arrival the officer observed a dead male lying on a sofa at the rear of the main kitchen.

"Sat opposite to him was Mr Singh who was preparing food, making kebabs."

The court also heard that in a nearby room were a large number of flies which were landing on food.

There was also an "awful smell", thawing meat which was oozing blood and covered in flies, and a man smoking and spitting on the filthy floor.

Environmental health officers had been visiting the shop since October 2007, the court heard.

Environmental Heath officers found a dead rat under a cooking pot
During an earlier visit, officers noted a number of rat droppings and then found a dead rat underneath a cooking pot which had just been laid against a wall to dry.

hehe, i love a good curry and often use a different (veggie only) indian sweet centre in sunny wolvo that is run by lovely folk who take great care over the foods they make.... these kinda stories make me glad i dont eat meat

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The thing is,
I bet if your starving you would eat Cats n Dogs
But the majority of us are not starving and to find that you have paid a decent price
for a meeow I mean meal, then you not only feel conned but sick.

I personally have ate a few things from wild mushrooms (lovely) to pidgeon and rabbits (caught by myself)
But i suppose it seems that the majority of us that eat fast food have probably had it.

Side note:
I googled how to make a home made chicken chow-mein
and basically a post said you will never get a home made one to taste the same as they reuse the fat over and over.

Now do they keep the same fat meat together, such as only chicken fat being reused or is other meat fat used?
My missis would never eat a chinese again if she thought two different meat fats were used.I wont mention it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Hi skalla

Yes I remember that one
But i used to be the sort of person that shrugs it of
and convince myself "It wont happen to me"

Anyways its been about 8 months since ive had a take away
The only meat i eat now is chicken from the local butchers
and i really love tins of tuna and pilchards, though most that i talk to hate pilchards.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

when i walk into a curry house (or any indeed any restaurant) i always have the radar on... if the staff, level of tidyness, presentation, general honk and so on dont fit, i'm out of there.

the whole thing about cats (etc!) in takeaways is a famous one, i remember it from as long as i remember takeaways - sadly i dont think it can be chalked up as an urban myth and customers need to apply a good dose of common sense over where they eat

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Why does the Queen let things like this happen?

In the old days a head would actually roll.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Cos the Queen doesn't eat decent curries like us commoners do mate!

Would be funny to see liz going into the local curry house for a decent Vindaloo and then have to put the bog roll in the freezer!

Napalm death... Bwahahahahaha

Only humour...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 28-3-2013 by Rodinus because: vid added

edit on 28-3-2013 by Rodinus because: phrase added

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I am copying and pasting this from an email I got from a friend in the UK last week:

>> Human nature

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

HAHA
I dont think any heads rolled when the scandal of SWEENY TODD was known
Imagine that i bet the victorians were feeling quite Ill.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Hya
Now that is scary..as i said above SWEENY TODD

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I was attracted by the "mystery meat"...thought it was a thread about this.....

But instead of my mouth watering I'm feeling kinda sick!.....good job I've already had my Spam and egg muffin :-D

But seriously I don't think this as uncovered anything new happening...think we have all eaten a few cat's and dog's in our time if we we eat takeaway....*shudder's*

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

HAHA
I dont think any heads rolled when the scandal of SWEENY TODD was known
Imagine that i bet the victorians were feeling quite Ill.

Henry the Eighth chopped one of his wives heads off for failing to become pregnant.
I was talking a little further back than Sweeny Todd. Do they still have a restaurant by that name in the UK?
I ate at one in 1990.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

and then have to put the bog roll in the freezer!

Being American, I had to go here to figure it out.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I am not in the slightest bit surprised. Lived in a town in Yorkshire for a while that is famed for its curries. Whilst there, one of my favourite curry houses was shut down because they found alsatian hanging in the freezer. I won't name names as i don't want suing (you never know!) but it has a 2 word name. It was allowed to reopen a couple of weeks later and the only difference was that the 2 words had been swapped around in the name of the place!

Been ages since i was last there but trade had dropped off significantly by the time i left that town!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join