It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreans send Photoshop army into battle (ROFL)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Your going to love this:

LONDON: North Korea has been caught doctoring a photograph to double the number of hovercraft in a military exercise as part of its increasingly aggressive propaganda campaign.
The picture showed vessels with the same give-away shine on the front, moving through the water at an identical angle and throwing up spray that had been clumsily altered.
Usually a very simple examination with our software dismisses KCNA pictures but they tend to be better with Photoshop recently.

Eric Baradat, AFP photo editor
News agencies, which had picked up the image from North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), eventually killed the distribution of the photograph with Agence France Presse stating "excessive digital alteration" had taken place.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The sad part...
I don't think there are many North Koreans that are computer savy enough to see an obvious fake when they see one. This shoddy propaganda will work it's charm on them. S&F
edit on 27-3-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: forgot a word, added an S&F while I was at it

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) seems to be taking cue from CNN as of late.

What's the old saying? "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with b.s."

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Already posted.

Here

There is a longer thread somewhere as well

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You gotta love some good old fashion propaganda. Well North Korea aren't the only ones with photoshop.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

North Korea has been caught doctoring a photograph to double the number of hovercraft in a military exercise as part of its increasingly aggressive propaganda campaign.

Oh, I thought ATS was hosting the "increasingly aggressive prop-agenda campaign". How many bash Korea threads is that today?

I have lost count.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

North Korea has been caught doctoring a photograph to double the number of hovercraft in a military exercise as part of its increasingly aggressive propaganda campaign.

Oh, I thought ATS was hosting the "increasingly aggressive prop-agenda campaign". How many bash Korea threads is that today?

I have lost count.

Is anyone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read them? There is a whole lot of other subjects and materials here on ATS that you can read and contribute to that have nothing to do with North Korea.

However, if it bothers you that much, be proactive and hit the "Alert" button, or contact a mod via U2U, or post a rant about it in the Rant forum.

I find threads like these humorous. Then again, I find threads like these with other world leaders photoshoped quite funny too.

But if they offend you. please, by all means, alert the mods.
edit on 27-3-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I have lost count.

Perhaps you should advise North Korea to stop bashing itself. Continued loud mouthed saber rattling that equates to empty and hollow threats will get you mocked every time.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It'll be hilarious when a photoshoped dirty nuke gets photoshoped right under DC

then we can all cry photoshop!.. and pray to our photoshop masters..

Who say's they didn't use gimp

Kinda worried, the more this becomes a "thing" the more i see this kind of PR.. as i said.. gonna be really funny when they do, do something.. a true laugh... erm.. not. but carry on.. im sure the sheep find it utter hilarious, even if those that bother to asses this unbiased are gravely serious.. were just silly talk.. apparently.. b'cuse.. look at the marshmallow man.. look at it!! nothing to fear here YAY YAY U.S.A... it's all fine for you lot, you aren't within "range" (or so.. you believe.. and seriously.. you don't know for sure, but i know I am.. so im not laughing)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

reply to post by Helious

This is a public sandbox. I shall expose every one I see. Sorry about that.

What do you care?

edit on 27-3-2013 by intrptr because: added

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

reply to post by Helious

This is a public sandbox. I shall counter every one I see. Sorry about that.

Uh, yeah, that's great and all but exactly what are you countering? Skip the "sorry" and qualify your statements and then I'll give you something to counter.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Just posted this in an older thread, but I think it's good to go for here...

Attack!!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You didn't answer my question...

How many bash Korea threads today alone?

Never mind. I am as tired of pointing out to people the rhetoric as you are espousing it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

You didn't answer my question...

How many bash Korea threads today alone?

Never mind. I am as tired of pointing out to people the rhetoric as you are espousing it.

I did answer your question.

In asking your question, you must first ask yourself how many times in the last month North Korea has made inflammatory statements, blatant threats and direct description of how they will bomb, invade and destroy America. When you can answer me that, perhaps my answer about the amount of recent threads wont be such an issue.

You speak of rhetoric but as it pertains to the situation, I fear you fail to realize it's meaning. One should not take up arms that can not or will not use them. One should not speak from the tongue when it is likely to be cut out. One should be weary of stray words as they may find there way home.

Be careful of your defense of North Korea, they are not a nation of forward thinkers nor champions of anything you or I hold dear. It is a land of repression, deceit and totalitarianism ruled by a viscous dictator who thinks he is a demi God.

Wow, I can't help but think that is kind of how America seems right now but trust me, North Korea is worse... For now.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Another one of my creations.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Be careful of your defense of North Korea, they are not a nation of forward thinkers nor champions of anything you or I hold dear. It is a land of repression, deceit and totalitarianism ruled by a viscous dictator who thinks he is a demi God.

Oh snap! Never mind that the US is the actual conqueror of nations... in the name of God.

Talk about deceit...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aeonminder

Just posted this in an older thread, but I think it's good to go for here...

Attack!!

Thats funny. Now I see how this whole thread premise is just a cropped image of a mall mural.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Oh snap! Never mind that the US is the actual conqueror of nations... in the name of God.

Talk about deceit...

Wow, I can't help but think that is kind of how America seems right now but trust me, North Korea is worse... For now.

Also from the post you quoted me from. If your going to try to twist meanings or words, do it better than that if you plan to try to show me to be a simpleton who doesn't grasp the whole picture.

America is in great turmoil, political and financial ruin and social upheaval. None of this can be argued and I will be the first one to point out the many problems with our current government, take a look at any of my previous posts to back up that statement.

My point is, if your solution to our problem domestically is to embrace the madness of North Korean policy you are simply letting your hate or the American system blind you to even worse tyranny.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) seems to be taking cue from CNN as of late.

What's the old saying? "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with b.s."

You sir are a legend

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
The sad part...
I don't think there are many North Koreans that are computer savy enough to see an obvious fake when they see one. This shoddy propaganda will work it's charm on them. S&F
edit on 27-3-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: forgot a word, added an S&F while I was at it

The even sadder part is, most Americans probably aren't either, based upon past occurrences and bouts of western propaganda.

:/

top topics

<<   2 >>

join