It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fooddemocracynow: "Obama betrays America" / Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
CHANGE, CLAP CLAP, CHANGE WE NEED

CHANGE, CLAP CLAP CHANGE WE NEED

CLAP CLAP CHANGE, CHANGE WE NEED CLAP CLAP

NOD HEAD WAVE , CHANGE WE NEED , CHANGE WE NEED

i hope the next change he makes is to bend over anyone who voted for him and rapes them IN THE @#$

CHANGE, CHANGE WE NEED

YOU F ING MORONS
edit on 28-3-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: TT

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

When will it ever end. Maybe when most of us are sick/dead, while the fat cats on the Hill get their food from safer sources...for now. Perhaps none of it will be safe eventually. They get Lobster flown in and so called safe beef while we foot the tab and eat garbage. Nice one. The "safe" seed vault in Sweden or where ever...really? Yet our seeds are not "safe" perhaps...hmmm.

I would have quoted your entire post, but didn't want to risk censorship for quoting a long comment. I think your comment deserves applause, but all I could do was give you a star.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the info kind of makes sense when you put it like that, as far as the rest of the thread and the rest of the posts look i'm as anti-Monsanto as the next guy but until we can put something point blank into law to stop there for lack of a better word CRAP we just got to deal with the cards we are dealt....

Also btw i didn't vote for Obama so i'm not defending anything he has done but i will say this, while he is by no means the greatest president we have ever had (far from it to tell you the truth) no one tops George Bush SR and until the anti-christ shows up no one will...lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
I seen this coming for a while now. Why would the president of the U.S sign something so dumb? Wonder how much Monsanto paid for this one. Deep pockets means more connections.

What trash...

-SAP-

Amazing isn't it? Lobbyists stop some bills going through (oooh, let's think, I know - the NRA) and everyone feels it's a victory! When it's a lobbying group they don't like then it's a sell out.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

We know what ill effects it has on our generation, but I would be interested to guess at what minor DNA changes and mutations it creates to our children, and then further mutations to their children... In future generations down the line, what will humanity mutate into.. Or desintigrate into? Are we a collective experiment whom 99percent of the test subjects will be poisoned to death or have irreversable DNA corruptions - while that single, rare, 1percent who randomly get a 'beneficial' mutation end up becoming the new evolved humanity?

You can bet that the Elites are consuming the best organic everything and the purest water.

The rest of us are being intentionally poisoned (soft kill) and debilitated. I've also read that the intent is sterilization.

Your "while that single, rare, 1percent who randomly get a 'beneficial' mutation end up becoming the new evolved humanity" is an interesting idea. I think the Elite overseers would spot a "superior" slave and use him for their own purposes.

Meanwhile the offspring of the Elites will have access to every scientific/medical enhancement.

There will be two distinct levels of humanity: the tall, healthy, beautiful, bright, gifted children of the Ruling Class and the dim, cringing slaves -- short-lived & disposable like animals.

edit on 28-3-2013 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
In protest, I will be planting an all heirloom/organic garden this year.

I should step up the gardening and teach myself to can this year, I have the acreage to grow enough food for my family, and the livestock.

At least that way they would get less of my money.

Ummm....I started buying heirloom seeds and canning both meats and veggies. You need a pressure cooker for canning alot of veggies and for ALL meats...I spent the money on an All American brand pressure canner. I bought the seven quart/19 pint one, it's gasketless and has a metered gauge for both pressure and temperature readings. I love it, very heavy duty, also the best place for canning jars is yard sales.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Well lets see what Obama has done so far:

NDAA
CISPA
continuation of Patriot Act
Monsanto Protection Act

Man, he is going to be rolling in dosh when he is done this term. Hope and Change......no hope but we sure aren't loving the change. But make no mistake, Obama-clone Romney wouldn't be much different.

Ummm...In case you hadn't noticed...Romney isn't president...How about we all just concentrate on reality for once...The FACT is that these policies are coming from the progressive element of both the democrat and republican parties.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There is no "Monsanto Protection Act."

Section 735 of H.R. 993 refers to Section 411 of the Plant Protection Act.
Section 411 concerns plant pests.

SEC. 411. REGULATION OF MOVEMENT OF PLANT PESTS.

What is a plant pest?

(14) PLANT PEST
.—The term ‘‘plant pest’’ means any living stage of any of the following that can directly or indirectly injure, cause damage to, or cause disease in any plant or plant product:
(A) A protozoan.
(B) A nonhuman animal.
(C) A parasitic plant.
(D) A bacterium.
(E) A fungus.
(F) A virus or viroid.
(G) An infectious agent or other pathogen.
(H) Any article similar to or allied with any of the
articles specified in the preceding subparagraphs.

www.aphis.usda.gov...

Here is section 735:

SEC. 735. In the event that a determination of non-regulated us made pursuant to section 411 of the Plant Protection Act is or has been invalidated or vacated, the Secretary of Agriculture shall, notwithstanding any other provision of law, upon request by a farmer, grower, farm operator, or producer, immediately grant temporary permit(s) or temporary deregulation in part, subject to necessary and appropriate conditions consistent with section 411(a) or 412(c) of the Plant Protection Act, which interim conditions shall authorize the movement, introduction, continued cultivation, commercialization and other specifically enumerated activities and requirements, including measures designed to mitigate or minimize potential adverse environmental effects, if any, relevant to the Secretary’s evaluation of the petition for non-regulated status, while ensuring that growers or other users are able to move, plant, cultivate, introduce into commerce and carry out other authorized activities in a timely manner: Provided, That all such conditions shall be applicable only for the interim period necessary for the Secretary to complete any required analyses or consultations related to the petition for non-regulated status: Provided further, That nothing in this section shall be construed as limiting the Secretary’s
authority under section 411, 412 and 414 of the Plant Protection Act.

thomas.loc.gov...:h.r.933:

What it says is that if a plant pest has a non regulated status and if that status is removed there will be a grace period under which farmers will not be affected by the change in status. Say they've been able to freely grow and transport plants with a certain fungus which was not thought to be a problem. Now that fungus, which was not regulated, now is. Without the ability for the Secretary to allow the interim period, those farmers crops would be lost.

It has nothing to do with Monsanto. It has nothing to do with protection of Monsanto. It has nothing to do with GMO. You have been suckered in by false claims and displayed your ignorance by not bothering to read what is easily available.

edit on 3/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

can we close and lock this thread now that its been found out to be a complete lie? and take it off the god damn front page.

edit on 28-3-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

I feel like you took what I said and expounded/elaborated it more clearly than I could have. I definitely agree with what and how you have responded to that.

In the end, the masses are just 'the masses'. Experimented with, unknowingly used in various ways.. Far from pure benevolent is the nature of what is happening.

At the same time though, mentioning the seperation between an elite class and the rest of the population - With the rest of population living under harsher conditions, their bodies and minds forces to maintain under literally lethal conditions.. After enough time, would the elites have eventually bred a species worth fearing?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is a president that doesn't care a bit for human life. His actions prove this beyond a doubt. The thing that amazes me most is some people still think he is "the savior" We are rapidly approaching a point where people will have to get off their lazy asses and do something about this virulently anti American government and the businesses that are supporting and driving it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Mind control, chemical control, food control, people following like little sheep to the slaughter. A lot of you may not believe in God, your entitled to your choice. the government as a whole does not but they are trying to be God controlling peoples lives. Obama may be a little worse than most recent presidents but I believe it's who is pulling his strings not him personally. An organized Mob that controls the entire world. Drones that can kill US citizens if they are deemed a threat, if they want to kill me I hope they at least have a set to do it to my face.

On a unrelated note I've been a conspiracy theorist for some time, however I want to know where you all come up with your information on subjects so fast. I just go by instincts I would love to have access to that info. Sorry I cannot chat until 150 posts and not near that yer. email me at drprime 'at' yahoo dot com

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I am mad and dissapointed. I voted for Obama. I wonder who is putting the fire under his butt to make him do this?

HMMMMMM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>reading the graphic,...yeah it's those guys.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
lol combine Obama, GMO, Vaccine and Big Pharma, you will have bunch of ignorant stars and flags on ATS.

No need to examine and research.

Deny Ignorance, Ignorant mode!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have one question. How do you look up laws in order to cross reference them? I haven't had any experience with doing this before and would appreciate any information that can be used to show me how to look up laws like this so I can rely less on taking some ones word for what I hear.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Obama is failing us..

he is acting like a puppet, i wish he would just allow protection of his family and then do the right thing...

JFK style

Thank You

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Obama betrays America" / Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act

That should read -
Obama betrays America AGAIN / Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act.
This continual betrayal of America ... it's a habit of his.
Hows that 'hope and change' coming .....

edit on 3/28/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
babylon system!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Obama betrays America" / Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act

That should read -
Obama betrays America AGAIN / Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act.
This continual betrayal of America ... it's a habit of his.
Hows that 'hope and change' coming .....

edit on 3/28/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

It's not a Monsanto protection act. This is only 3 pages long, does it hurt that much to actually read the facts before formulating an opinion? It has nothing specifically to do with Monsanto, someone took liberties with the fact ending up with everyone up in arms about.............. well, nothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by something wicked

The language in the bill specifically protects Monsanto from legislation, resulting from GMO crops and their potential dangers/environmental impacts.

The title is perhaps misleading, the information is not.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by something wicked

The language in the bill specifically protects Monsanto from legislation, resulting from GMO crops and their potential dangers/environmental impacts.

The title is perhaps misleading, the information is not.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Exactly and if it was so damn straight forward.......why did it have to be snuck in under something totally unrelated?

Tell me somethings not nefarious or doesnt have nefarious implications at some point, but it cant stand on its own merits w out being snuck in under something else?

Sorry dont buy into it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join