It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fooddemocracynow: "Obama betrays America" / Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well lets see what Obama has done so far:

NDAA
CISPA
continuation of Patriot Act
Monsanto Protection Act

Man, he is going to be rolling in dosh when he is done this term. Hope and Change......no hope but we sure aren't loving the change. But make no mistake, Obama-clone Romney wouldn't be much different.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Unreal!! We can't sue big Pharma if harm comes to us from vaccines, now, Monsanto is protected too. All these "sacred cows" under govt. protection. So much conflict of interest too....how many Congress/Senate critters have interests in big Pharma? How many fat cats on the Hill were once employed by Monsanto? Isn't the guy that runs FDA or one of those bs dealys a former employee or head of Monsanto? I'm sure I read such somewhere.

Is there such a thing as "safe" or "organic" anymore? Monsanto supposedly is in charge of all seed...Iraq and other countries overseas have been made to use Monsanto seeds only. India farmers have been committing suicide over the mess over there because of how their farming got taken over and screwed up. Are those seedlings we buy every spring from garden shops safe? Probably Monsanto product as well. Monsanto has plans to even be in total charge of the worlds water supply. Rumors that they will even be getting their greedy, sick paws involved in peoples private water wells...putting meters on them and have govt. regs for private wells and such. Making it illegal to collect water in rain barrels. Is any fruit/veggie garden safe anymore? What about polinazation?(sp)?
Birds and bees and such going from crop to crop...seeds from Monsanto contaminating "safe" seeds maybe? Birds eat/poop seeds and spread them around don't they? Even some scientists theorizing that the bee die offs are because of GM crops...the pesticides/herbicides inside the corn and other crops actually killing off the bees perhaps?

Genetic corn...when we eat it, our guts become pesticide factories all on their own. High fructose....our body dosen't know the difference they say...my tutu!! It is poison to the liver and kidneys. Farmers markets? Are they really selling safe "product" or do they often get their crops from the same distributor that the stores do?

Rumsfeld sold us out by getting Aspartame put into our food supply as a sweetener/food additive. Before that, it was a Biological weapon of sorts. Other sweeteners sold as "safe" have chlorine in them and explode when ingested. Yummie. Last but not least, the big flouride scam. When will it ever end. Maybe when most of us are sick/dead, while the fat cats on the Hill get their food from safer sources...for now. Perhaps none of it will be safe eventually. They get Lobster flown in and so called safe beef while we foot the tab and eat garbage. Nice one. The "safe" seed vault in Sweden or where ever...really? Yet our seeds are not "safe" perhaps...hmmm.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
But, but, look at all their awards and recognitions!
www.monsanto.com...
What a joke! Just like giving Obama the Nobel Peace Prize!

So, this is truly no surprise.
When a CEO of Monsanto is on the Climate Change board, you know we're screwed indefinitely.
This bill involves more than just food.
Please check out this article:
grist.org...

Monsanto CEO Hugh Grant sits on the center’s board of trustees, along with execs from defense giant McDonnell Douglas and pharma titan Merck. Another notable board member is Alfonso Romo, a Mexican magnate who cashed in big during his country’s notoriously corrupt privatization /liberalization bonanza in the early ’90s.

We need to be looking at Monsanto as well as all their bed buddies like Big Pharma.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
And yet we just sit here and we take it. We just let them take a dump all over us. It's so obvious we are slaves. But we choose to stay and we allow them to not only screw us, but our children and future generations and, our planet. This is so disgusting. How is it that so few can rule so many? That so few can betray all of humanity and get away with it?? Why does no one get up and do something drastic? Why do we sit here, year after year, moaning and complaining but do nothing? This is natural selection at its best. People, we better wake up and do something soon, because now this is a fight for survival. We are their slaves. We are their cattle, and all the world is a distraction made just for us so we don't realize these truths. These people are the worst of human scum. And none of us deserve to live if we allow this to continue!!

Ok, I think I'm gonna go have my period now...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
And yet we just sit here and we take it. We just let them take a dump all over us. It's so obvious we are slaves. But we choose to stay and we allow them to not only screw us, but our children and future generations and, our planet. This is so disgusting. How is it that so few can rule so many? That so few can betray all of humanity and get away with it?? Why does no one get up and do something drastic? Why do we sit here, year after year, moaning and complaining but do nothing? This is natural selection at its best. People, we better wake up and do something soon, because now this is a fight for survival. We are their slaves. We are their cattle, and all the world is a distraction made just for us so we don't realize these truths. These people are the worst of human scum. And none of us deserve to live if we allow this to continue!!

Ok, I think I'm gonna go have my period now...

You ask how this is happening? Because more people know who won American Idol last season than who won their local elections, that's how. Even if you told most of them what is going on, a majority don't care and you can't MAKE someone care.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

People are made to believe they are defenseless against these huge conglomerates, but this is by design.
If you'd read the article I linked to in my last post, you'd see that Monsanto, the Defense Department, and Big Pharma are all in bed together. The million dollar question is: How do you fight this TRILATERAL marriage?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Its to protect them against frivolous lawsuits.

I'm glad they passed it.

We all know these people exist.... and we should all know by now they make all of our lives harder.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

What kind of frivolous law suits might that be?
Cancers caused by these "foods"?
Sterility caused by these "foods"?
Loss of cattle, pigs, and other livestock because they aren't able to reproduce properly and farmers going out of business because of Monsanto's inadequate "feed" and frankenseeds?
I guess you'll be happy when you can't afford that steak dinner you most likely enjoy.

Edit to Add: Why am I wasting my time on the Tiger Woods of "Compassion"?
Talk about irony, ego, and ignorance all rolled into one.

edit on 27-3-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is appalling.. I've been speechless over this since I found out it was even on the table to be voted on, now it's a done deal. Honestly.. I can't even think of an adjective that describes my feelings.. maybe abject horror is close. This is unreal people. I thought the sterility findings were common knowledge too, (I think it was showing up within 3 generations in pigs- I'll try to find the reports)
I do garden and have expanded it this year, but it's hard to provide everything one needs. I started experimenting saving my own seeds last season and it is so rewarding. I'll happily share NON GMO, REAL plant seeds with anyone that wants them if I have successful crops this year!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
wow.. it really is time to start growing our own for our families.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Monsanto Protection Act?...They own Blackwater how much more protection do they need?...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I always look at the timing of these sort of stories in conjunction with what OTHER NEWS is being reported. GMO foods, and protectionism by the Obama Administration of a campaign donor (with so many well placed ties to the Obama Administration ) as being "too big to fail" (ie, be HELD RESPONSIBLE for the human consequences of GMO....well that's NOT NEWSWORTHY. But this Bill is signed hidden behind a whirlwind of Gay marriage media induced frenzy (with some gun control sound bytes on the side)...but changing the very source of our life support--our food supply--not a big deal.

We are so played. Can't wait for Mrs. O to trot out (In $600 Lanvin sneakers) and tell us all to eat our GMO veggies--I honestly believe the Twinkies outlawed in school cafeterias are SAFER than what they are endorsing as healthy.

Would Romney have signed the Bill? We will NEVER know...but to his credit...his wife never told us what our kids could in a school cafeteria. This hypocrisy is ALL Obama.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
There is no "Monsanto Protection Act."

Section 735 of H.R. 993 refers to Section 411 of the Plant Protection Act.
Section 411 concerns plant pests.

SEC. 411. REGULATION OF MOVEMENT OF PLANT PESTS.

What is a plant pest?

(14) PLANT PEST
.—The term ‘‘plant pest’’ means any living stage of any of the following that can directly or indirectly injure, cause damage to, or cause disease in any plant or plant product:
(A) A protozoan.
(B) A nonhuman animal.
(C) A parasitic plant.
(D) A bacterium.
(E) A fungus.
(F) A virus or viroid.
(G) An infectious agent or other pathogen.
(H) Any article similar to or allied with any of the
articles specified in the preceding subparagraphs.

www.aphis.usda.gov...

Here is section 735:

SEC. 735. In the event that a determination of non-regulated us made pursuant to section 411 of the Plant Protection Act is or has been invalidated or vacated, the Secretary of Agriculture shall, notwithstanding any other provision of law, upon request by a farmer, grower, farm operator, or producer, immediately grant temporary permit(s) or temporary deregulation in part, subject to necessary and appropriate conditions consistent with section 411(a) or 412(c) of the Plant Protection Act, which interim conditions shall authorize the movement, introduction, continued cultivation, commercialization and other specifically enumerated activities and requirements, including measures designed to mitigate or minimize potential adverse environmental effects, if any, relevant to the Secretary’s evaluation of the petition for non-regulated status, while ensuring that growers or other users are able to move, plant, cultivate, introduce into commerce and carry out other authorized activities in a timely manner: Provided, That all such conditions shall be applicable only for the interim period necessary for the Secretary to complete any required analyses or consultations related to the petition for non-regulated status: Provided further, That nothing in this section shall be construed as limiting the Secretary’s
authority under section 411, 412 and 414 of the Plant Protection Act.

thomas.loc.gov...:h.r.933:

What it says is that if a plant pest has a non regulated status and if that status is removed there will be a grace period under which farmers will not be affected by the change in status. Say they've been able to freely grow and transport plants with a certain fungus which was not thought to be a problem. Now that fungus, which was not regulated, now is. Without the ability for the Secretary to allow the interim period, those farmers crops would be lost.

It has nothing to do with Monsanto. It has nothing to do with protection of Monsanto. It has nothing to do with GMO. You have been suckered in by false claims and displayed your ignorance by not bothering to read what is easily available.

edit on 3/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
The obama sycophants will not post on this thread, or will twist themselves into knots trying to justify or make excuses for this. Looking at the graft showing the amount of Modesto people employed by the clinton and obama administrations this is no surprise.

I showed up but I don't think I justified it or made excuses. I think "I hoped" because I wasn't at the bargaining table. I know nothings sacred, nothings not worth threatening or holding hostage for the GOP so you never know what was on the table. Don't address me and then speak TO everyone at large because I'll show up to illustrate your inaccuracies, ignorance and lies.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There is no "Monsanto Protection Act."

Section 735 of H.R. 993 refers to Section 411 of the Plant Protection Act.
Section 411 concerns plant pests.

SEC. 411. REGULATION OF MOVEMENT OF PLANT PESTS.

What is a plant pest?

(14) PLANT PEST
.—The term ‘‘plant pest’’ means any living stage of any of the following that can directly or indirectly injure, cause damage to, or cause disease in any plant or plant product:
(A) A protozoan.
(B) A nonhuman animal.
(C) A parasitic plant.
(D) A bacterium.
(E) A fungus.
(F) A virus or viroid.
(G) An infectious agent or other pathogen.
(H) Any article similar to or allied with any of the
articles specified in the preceding subparagraphs.

www.aphis.usda.gov...

Here is section 735:

SEC. 735. In the event that a determination of non-regulated us made pursuant to section 411 of the Plant Protection Act is or has been invalidated or vacated, the Secretary of Agriculture shall, notwithstanding any other provision of law, upon request by a farmer, grower, farm operator, or producer, immediately grant temporary permit(s) or temporary deregulation in part, subject to necessary and appropriate conditions consistent with section 411(a) or 412(c) of the Plant Protection Act, which interim conditions shall authorize the movement, introduction, continued cultivation, commercialization and other specifically enumerated activities and requirements, including measures designed to mitigate or minimize potential adverse environmental effects, if any, relevant to the Secretary’s evaluation of the petition for non-regulated status, while ensuring that growers or other users are able to move, plant, cultivate, introduce into commerce and carry out other authorized activities in a timely manner: Provided, That all such conditions shall be applicable only for the interim period necessary for the Secretary to complete any required analyses or consultations related to the petition for non-regulated status: Provided further, That nothing in this section shall be construed as limiting the Secretary’s
authority under section 411, 412 and 414 of the Plant Protection Act.

thomas.loc.gov...:h.r.933:

What it says is that if a plant pest has a non regulated status and if that status is removed there will be a grace period under which farmers will not be affected by the change in status. Say they've been able to freely grow and transport plants with a certain fungus which was not thought to be a problem. Now that fungus, which was not regulated, now is. Without the ability for the Secretary to allow the interim period, those farmers crops would be lost.

It has nothing to do with Monsanto. It has nothing to do with protection of Monsanto. It has nothing to do with GMO. You have been suckered in by false claims and displayed your ignorance by not bothering to read what is easily available.

deny ignorance right?
funny how everyone itt is balls to the wall but doesnt stop to actually read what they're complaining about.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Many say we shouldn't be worried about the plant pests and then they present legal mumbo jumbo to us. Monsanto are not Saints by a long shot regardless. The main concern should be how people will be affected in the long run by all the tampering and fiddling around with our foods. Aspartame will be put in some dairy products now too. Monsanto may not have anything to do with that one but it is still another example of how our food supply is fiddled with and we have no say in it.

Many of us DO try and speak up and stand up for what seems right to no avail. Writing letters to corporations, Congress critters, health depts. and such...I've done that...many people have...with no satisfactory results through no fault of our own. Sometimes I think we have let too many big fish get away with too much for too long and have now reached a point of no return. Anyone that thinks Monsanto are perfect and that aspartame and msg and such are not a danger to us or problematic...wow, seems us folks that are concerned aren't the only ignorant, suckered ones. Monsanto may not have anything to do with the food additives mentioned but they sure have a lot to do with seeds, and such. They have no business being involved in our water either yet that is next. Tell the folks in India how great and innocent Monsanto is. A lot of the obesity problems and new and emerging illnesses will be shown to be caused by all this GMO garbage. I'd rather pick a worm outta my corn rather than eat corn filled with pesticide right inside of it. Those chemicals can't be "good' for anyone other than the corporations that make them. Roundup has been banned in other countries yet we use it here instead of good ole fashioned white vinegar that kills weeds and even some pests when sprayed on. I'd rather have my yard smell like a salad instead of a chemical factory.
Some folks may have misunderstood the legalise but that dosen't mean we still aren't right to wonder and be concerned about what we eat and what is in it. As far as that goes, there are still things that need to be addressed and looked into.
edit on 28-3-2013 by shrevegal because: added thought

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I don't understand how what everyone else is eating/ using on their lawns effects you?
Sure seems to me like you know best for everyone, and everyones individual situations eh?
Change your own ways and others are left to fend for themselves.

People always think they know what's best for everyone else. What's right to you, might not be right for the next person.

edit on 28-3-2013 by welovetilt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Nice evil Monsanto rant.
Do you think that lying about legislation helps educate people?

This is a lie:

Using the deceptive title of Farmer Assurance Provision, Section 735 of this bill actually grants Monsanto immunity from federal courts pending the review of any GM crop that is thought to be dangerous.
www.examiner.com...

This is a lie (as well as misspelled).

Under the section, courts would be helpless to stop Monsanto from continuing to plant GMO crops that are thought -- even by the US government -- to be a danger to human health or our cherised environment.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
'Obama Betrays America'

So was this an executive order, or was it passed by Congress....

If passed by congress then the 0.08% that signed the petition should whine to their congressman, not Obama.
So less than 1 person in every 1,000 bothered to sign the petition - just shows what people actually think about the subject.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by welovetilt
deny ignorance right?
funny how everyone itt is balls to the wall but doesnt stop to actually read what they're complaining about.

Well, if they did that there would be nothing for them to whine about!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join