It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loving Repentance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I do not like the word "repenting", as you can see.

I say "return", because we forget God at many times throughout the day, and I return to the awareness that the Source of Life extends infinitely inward and beyond, and then I accept and receive the moment being purified and simplified.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

I do not like the word "repenting", as you can see.

I say "return", because we forget God at many times throughout the day, and I return to the awareness that the Source of Life extends infinitely inward and beyond, and then I accept and receive the moment being purified and simplified.

Do you know what the Greek word metanoia translated as "repent" means?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

A spiritual conversion, a transformative change of heart. Changing from what to what?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I did not, but I just looked it up.

I suppose that I do not like the word because of the stigma which my partial judgement attaches to it.

To me the word seems impersonal and imperative, but you are right, the word does not grasp the meaning. in reading the name of someone you know the word is empty without the essence of experience and judgement.

My thread is about helping people to understand that repentance is beautiful and mystical, rather than imperative and judging.
edit on 123131p://444 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It is the change from clinging to one's ego (thoughts, essence, past, future, desires, etc), to the awareness of the Source of Life and how it extends infinitely over all reality.

And acceptance. Acceptance of self, of the world, of everything.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

to the awareness of the Source of Life and how it extends infinitely over all reality.

I'm sorry, what?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, if you forget yourself in meditation, and all of your thoughts fall away after you have gone through the process of viewing them with your conciousness without following them, you begin in this very aware state to feel very present and living, but you feel whole and complete, but at the same time melded into infinity.

Most of all, you feel the Love, that comes from God, the Source of Love, and it shines through you, as you have become clear as nothingness.

Honestly though, my words do no justice of explaining it, rather it confines what Is to what I have said.

Our consciousness is like a section of a body of water that has become cloudy. We must remain still very patiently so that all of the mud can settle at the bottom.

Once clear each fragment of our being may be able to see the light clearly and increase it within each member, as water magnifies light.

edit on 013131p://444 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We could really use a mysticism forum...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

A spiritual conversion, a transformative change of heart. Changing from what to what?

Some people are vicious, hard hearted, humorless, ego-centric, close-minded and really quite nasty, to begin with..

Then they encounter the love of God, and voila, a transformation occurs and that same person becomes warm, caring, compassionate, playful, open and filled with love to overflowing.

It's almost always entirely apparent in their countenance.

I think it has something to do with inauthentic self-centered ego-projection transforming into authentic, carefree selflessness.

For the former nothing is more important than self-esteem, for the latter their true self.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

reply to post by backcase

to the awareness of the Source of Life and how it extends infinitely over all reality.

I'm sorry, what?

He's referring to the Conscious (self aware) Light of Life which underpins the whole of reality and existence.

Brilliant Disguise: Light, Matter and the Zero-Point Field

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I did not, but I just looked it up.

I suppose that I do not like the word because of the stigma which my partial judgement attaches to it.

To me the word seems impersonal and imperative, but you are right, the word does not grasp the meaning. in reading the name of someone you know the word is empty without the essence of experience and judgement.

My thread is about helping people to understand that repentance is beautiful and mystical, rather than imperative and judging.

Repent simply means to change one's mind. At maturity that change of mind manifests into a changed life/behavior, but the word itself simply means to change one's mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Then I suppose I achieved the scope intended.

And what do you think of conviction without repentance?

and repentance and relapse?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Then I suppose I achieved the scope intended.

And what do you think of conviction without repentance?

and repentance and relapse?

I think repentance then relapse is from a false understanding of repentance. Many people think that sorrow for their mistake is repentance, or feel that saying one is sorry and promising to God they'll never do that sin again is repentance. But they never had a change of mind about that sin. True repentance is changing one's mind, what they once thought was okay to do they now think is wrong to do, or what they once loved to do they now hate to do.

Sin cycles come from a modern failure to understand what repentance is and a misdefinition of sorrow or regret. And conviction without repentance happens all the time. Conviction is from the Holy Spirit, He initiates it. And God gives the grace to repent. The problem is that we are still free moral agents and can choose to reject the ministry of the Holy Spirit. It leads to a hardening of our hearts, a "seared conscience" to that sin.

edit on 28-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I sincerely thank you for your thoughts and words.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I sincerely thank you for your thoughts and words.

Glory to God.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Repentance is feeling regret. Repentance is living in the past. I want to live in the present. I want to find any excuse to be thankful for everything that is occurring in my life.

I even want to be thankful for the negative if that is what is being experienced, because to feel negative about the negativity will just allow it to grow.

Loving the negativity is like shinning a light through the darkness..

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Repentance is feeling regret. Repentance is living in the past. I want to live in the present. I want to find any excuse to be thankful for everything that is occurring in my life.

I even want to be thankful for the negative if that is what is being experienced, because to feel negative about the negativity will just allow it to grow.

Loving the negativity is like shinning a light through the darkness..

Repentance, if you take the Biblical term (metanoia), isn't regret. It means "to change one's mind". Regret or sorrow is a completely different Greek word.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

No one teaches it that way though, and that's the point.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

No one teaches it that way though, and that's the point.

Plenty of theologians teach it that way. But I suppose you don't spend much time in books written on Christian systematic theology or exegetical commentaries of the Bible.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join