It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busting down the gamma brainwave myth... or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hey all, i'm going to try 30 days of an hour of Gamma brainwave entrainment. Let's see if it does anything. I've been meditating for years now and its takes approximately 30 minutes before i start feeling peacefulness, to the point where if you disturb it i get angry for like half of a second then bam right back to peacefulness. So i was reading somewhere about Gamma brainwave and let me just share some of what i read.

DalaiLama.com

But something had always bothered him about this explanation, the Dalai Lama said. Could it work the other way around? That is, in addition to the brain giving rise to thoughts and hopes and beliefs and emotions that add up to this thing we call the mind, maybe the mind also acts back on the brain to cause physical changes in the very matter that created it. If so, then pure thought would change the brain's activity, its circuits or even its structure.

If your interested you may want to read that whole article its really good. Well worth the time.

4mind4life.com

Gamma brainwaves are considered the brain’s optimal frequency of functioning. Gamma brainwaves are commonly associated with increased levels of compassion, feelings of happiness, and optimal brain functioning. Gamma brainwaves are associated with a conscious awareness of reality and increased mental abilities. Gamma brainwaves range from the frequency of 38 Hz – 70 Hz and have a tiny (virtually unnoticeable) amplitude. Gamma brainwaves can be found in virtually every part of the brain. They serve as a binding mechanism between all parts of the brain and help to improve memory and perception.

wiki

A gamma wave is a pattern of neural oscillation in humans with a frequency between 25 to 100 Hz,[1] though 40 Hz is typical.[2]

And i will be using this video for said experiment with steroe headphones.

I am going to continue to do my breathing meditations and my AUMing of course. I'm going to add this into the mix and see what happens.

Thanks
edit on 26-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ive experimented with binaural beats, pretty crazy stuff.

Its interesting how many meditations and chants invoke sound during the processes, I could see how that and the beats are just "tuning" the brain to the desired state.

I had a fairly freaky encounter though with beats in the 6-8 hz range, cause an episode of sleep paralysis complete with auditory hallucinations .

Wish you the best of luck and look forward to your findings.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yes one can increase Gamma output to a degree through meditation.This is measurable. Here is a demo I did with my Geiger Counter.

Method.
The way to measure and in fact prove this ability to oneself is to invest in a digital Geiger counter.
Observe the background radiation for a period to understand the mild fluctuations.
Give oneself a set time to achieve a result outside of the mean of standard background.
Stop meditation and observe the radiation return to the previous measured amount.
Record results and repeat. As you duplicate your results try to achieve the same in different environments.

Jedi Force trainer is also good for meditation of this type.
The cheapest is a candle or radio which will register bio-field pulsing and flares.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Shirak because: add sum more.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thanks. i might actually try some of this biofeedback stuff, have you tried it before?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have been experimenting with theta waves recently and have been getting some really good results.

20 minutes of theta waves binaural beats before sleep have been producing Lucid Dreams for me lately. My goal was the development of LDing but I can't discount the creative, peaceful state of mind that theta waves help me reach. It's quite extraordinary how brainwaves can assist us in reaching a state of mind so intriguing and surreal.

But I will definetly give the video a shot tonight and see where it leads me...
Thanks for sharing....and let us know how the results turn out...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Also if you have a radio tuner these are great for training whilst waiting in a vehicle. Once you have entrained your biofield to the frequency you can resonate it to create pulsing and block-out/shielding noise.

Radio Transmitter.

Flame (Cheapest)

Using a radiant energy meter. Tesla radiant energy circuit fed through a multimeter.

Utilizing the principles of entrainment and resonance.
I know a few other Psions who train with the beats and have had good things to say about them. The beats provide a good distraction from conscious thought and eventually entrain your thoughts to various frequencies.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Shirak because: .add more.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Are you confusing gamma frequencies in brainwave entrainment using binaural beats with gamma ray radiation?

I hope you're not plugging yourself into anything radioactive. they're not the same.

A geiger counter will not measure the frequencies of your brain.

edit on 26-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That tone in the video doesn't sound too happy. It sounds rather bored. No way I'm blowing bytes to get the whole hour of it. 30 days of that I think after the third or fourth day I'd have to go back to Schumann resonances, trance, and classical music, with some foreign stuff just to expand the mind.

Remember, a flexible mind is a strong mind. Train for a full range of brainwaves to avoid the seizures.

Binaural beats can be creepy, depending on the source. When that whispery voice gets into your head, for a time your share consciousness with the person that set up the music or hypnotic commands. You better hope they are happy, healthy, wealthy, and good looking so you can soak up that fine-tuned energy when it's recorded, because your subconscious will pick it up. I've heard voluntary binaural in music CDs, and they are okay; and there is government binaural out there, which when I accept that it really exists, hits my morality meter so hard I could scream.

Gamma waves seem like something invented by a Mason. The G on a forehead. Go ahead and train, but be prepared to get knocked out of shape every now and then by external forces.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
While I am working on computer projects...I find that my compositions of words and art more structured in rationality and logic, as well as over all refined when problem solving...when I play a recording in the gamma wave band of Hz...even when just out of the speakers, I am not a fan of binaural beats however.

My meditative practice is fully integrated; no matter what I am doing or not doing, the side effect of that over the past 8 years, is the gap between thoughts has become very wide...to where they only tend to arise from directed pondering of a topic, I am a lot of times unaware of cold, heat, hunger, or the need for waste removal...because the mind when well directed or placed where you want it to be, won't even register bodily discomfort unless the mind is placed on the sphere of body...the silence where there once was just a continual torrent of chaos is nice.

I personally like this one myself it's 3 hours long

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

How long do you use it and what effects have you noticed? How do you know it works?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Very interesting. The human mind is the most complex system in the known universe. The effects of gamma entrainment is complex as well and binaurals are unproven and I don't exactly remember if isochronics are proven to enhance that specific brainwave frequency(scientists don't have a real interest in these matters as pertaining to enhancing cognitive function). However, they both do have effects in fMRI studies.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

You can pick up a MindWave headset for 99$ claimed to be 95% as accurate as clinical EEG. It only has one electrode at what I would guess is the fp1 electrode site. You can use a freeware program called OpenVibe to record and process signals. The MindWave software all seems to be independently produced, it's their market model(MindWave's) to have anyone produce and sell software at their rates to promote software without having to spend a dime and hopefully the market will regulate itself. It's the wild west in terms of whats being sold. OpenVibe is free and so is EEGLAB.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thanks I ll check it out.
I like to road test these devices and post my results to Youtube for other investigators to compare against.
I played around with a signal generator/Crow for a while and found that I could modulate the signal going into the probe.
$99 sounds reasonable much cheaper than the Jedi Force trainer.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MrNoone

My apologies I am not on here very often... How long? 3 hours
the effects seem to increase mental flow as in the speed at which connections are made, less pauses and less gaps to recall or express whatever it is I am trying to convey in words, sort of like over clocking your computer
I honestly do not know how much of it is healthy as a wide range of HZ waves/bands I think resonate with various bodily systems and functions... so focusing on one probably over taxes it in a stress response after some time... just as any stimulus will eventually over stimulate to the point of discomfort. So moderation in all things to fins a healthy balance is pretty much the key from flipping to an unhealthy extreme no matter what sense sphere is being stimulated.

The mind is always working when at rest sleeping it is still always working... it's an extreme. Meditation is the balance to that working mind, eventually the mind will come to different states of rest with practice some refer to them as stages or whatever... that doesn't help it just creates more concept and noumena for the mind to ponder and get lost in.

The best and only meditation instruction needed is "Be still" as in body and mind... all the moralistic business on paths is just trying to relax and smooth the mind... if you have or create chaos in the world then how can you still your mind? It's going to be on all the chaos instead. But all the moral code etc. is not needed you just have to see what moves the mind... by watching to process of it moving... where it goes, what it wants, fears etc. then pacify them with stillness by bringing it back to a single still point wandering mind is not still... like a child in time out, mind gets up put the mind back in time out over and over and over, eventually it will abide on one point without grabbing it and bring it back, and actually rest.

Over time that just grows and grows, eventually you kick the stool out from under what it is abiding on where every single thing the eye, ear, nose, tongue, feel the mind could rest on becomes the stool of rest, You can place the ear on words and only words and be neither moved or unmoved in mind unless you choose to move it.

When I choose to move it it is always where I place it. But that had nothing to do with gamma waves, it was trying to learn meditation 22 years ago that eventually led to a calm abiding mind. I did use quite a bit of theta wave music in meditation for awhile. I think you can teach your brain these waves and can recall those wave states at will. Just like hearing a song in your mind as if you were playing it on a device, we choose all of our states of mind... but it is a very chaotic choice until we quiet the mind and start placing it where we want to put it, so we rarely choose the states and thought we instead just react to its states and thoughts, leading to all sorts of neurosis of the mind.

If the mind gets led off in every direction or goes where ever it likes, then it is making choices about the future judging events of the past and making choices not based in anything other than a mental phantasm based on perception that may or may not be correct in recall of past events, or planning a future that does not yet exist. Rarely is the mind fully present and directed to make the proper rational logical choice that fits the moment. So if silencing the storm of chaos sounds better than living and reacting to the chaos makes then... Be still.

top topics

join