It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marriage is NOT a Constitutional Right!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
For those of you that want to use love as a means for God's "approval" for this debate....DON'T! I'm not sure why you think God is going to "change HIS mind". He doesn't rewrite HIS laws...like man does! Man is the one that needs to Re-PENT...not HIM.

Romans 1:24-32

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
And for those that would use "religion" as your scapegoat, don't go there either. The BIBLE is a book of PHILOSOPHY. Something most of you know NOTHING about. That's why your lives are so DEFEATED!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yeah,, what about those polygamists?

Let's start in the Bible,,, hmmmmmmmmmm seems every damn Patriarch in the book had multiple wives, a concubine or a handmaiden or two?

I Mean I know the Bible,,, Israel Only Exists because of those bunch of Nomadic Desert Dudes had multiple wives.
The Twelve Tribes of Israel,,,, NOT FROM JUST ONE OF HIS WIVES.

So,, what you mean?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

Let's start in the Bible,,, hmmmmmmmmmm seems every damn Patriarch in the book had multiple wives, a concubine or a handmaiden or two?

I Mean I know the Bible,,, Israel Only Exists because of those bunch of Nomadic Desert Dudes had multiple wives.

So,, what you mean?
You said you knew the BIBLE?
Apparently, you KNOW NOTHING!

1ST: Israel was the name given to Jacob, after wrestling with God. It has NOTHING TO DO with a place on the map. ZIP. You're totally CONFUSED.

2nd: Those people in the BIBLE that had "multiple wives" also missed out on the promises God made them because of their sins.

Keep living in the dark, the light is too blinding for you to come to!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

What makes you think that i'm religious? I never professed such a thing am not now nor have I ever been.

you know i'm beginning to think I should have said that "you gays" shouldn't be allowed any rights because then and only then would "you gays" would have an actual reason to argue with me.

See what I meant. push push push your agenda that's all you gays know how to do.

Well learn something else and quit wasting time, there are more important things in life and in the world than who YOU choose to engage sexually with, get over yourselves.

edit on 26-3-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
How presumptuous to throw out your doctrine to people that have no faith in your bible. Do you really think everyone in the good ole USA cares about your printed toilet paper. It means nothing. 2000 years and not a single sighting of God. Keep holding on man. Another 2000 years will pass and the end will still be nigh. Aye, aye, aye. Good way to keep the people down. Let us resurect slavery, women as second class citizens and all the other nonsense no one adheres to. Shrimp EATER!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Another presumptuous post. PSST.....gay people don't think about sex as much as you people do.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
He might not change them in your worn book,, but I seem to remember the story how he destroyed humanity once by flood and repented of his own actions and put the rainbow up as a sign of promise never to do that again.

BAD GOD,, Say your sorry to Noah.

Samara,, you have reverted to the old standby of Your Religion being the ONLY ONE,,

I want you to get back on topic and respond to my posts about civil rights and the modern day killing of gays for being gay. YOU WERE SO SILENT TO ME...
My feelings were almost hurt. Till I laughed out loud about what you said about Philosophy. Rich!

Certifiable.

One day I talk pretty, so you won't have to call me retarded.... so very rich you are.
This has been fun,,

""My God is Better than your God,, "" My God is better than yours! ""My God is better than your God""

Such a Loving God to have taught you all so well how to treat your fellow humans,, What's his name again?

Wait,, while I help you with that Mote in your eye,, then you can see his name printed here...... Jesus!

Originally posted by SamaraTen
For those of you that want to use love as a means for God's "approval" for this debate....DON'T! I'm not sure why you think God is going to "change HIS mind". He doesn't rewrite HIS laws...like man does! Man is the one that needs to Re-PENT...not HIM.

Romans 1:24-32

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
And for those that would use "religion" as your scapegoat, don't go there either. The BIBLE is a book of PHILOSOPHY. Something most of you know NOTHING about. That's why your lives are so DEFEATED!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SamaraTen

Civil rights go further that the basic constitutional rights. Human Rights for instance goes beyond what the constitution states. I agree with the premise than marriage is a religious definition it shouldn't even be mentioned or serve as a discriminatory factor in law. In my nation marriages are done in the Church but it is granted a equal standing to a civil union (a marriage here is by definition a civil union), since we also have a ID card an update of the status is done in either case...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
How presumptuous to throw out your doctrine to people that have no faith in your bible. Do you really think everyone in the good ole USA cares about your printed toilet paper. It means nothing. 2000 years and not a single sighting of God. Keep holding on man. Another 2000 years will pass and the end will still be nigh. Aye, aye, aye. Good way to keep the people down. Let us resurect slavery, women as second class citizens and all the other nonsense no one adheres to. Shrimp EATER!
REALLY? You must not be from the United States of America.

Thomas Jefferson

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."

John Hancock

"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us."

Benjamin Franklin

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see;
Ignorance is Bliss.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I need my beauty sleep. Citizen23......your cool. Keep the good fight. Have a great night and I hope everyone else does too. On a bed of nails. LOL. Just kidding. Ciao!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

I ignored your post because it wasn't worth my time. The man you referred to was doing his work for blacks not gays. IF you're gonna twist something...make it accurate.

Add: I'll say it to you again, God is not going to change HIS laws because you're gay. You're the one that needs to "change your thinking".

edit on 27-3-2013 by SamaraTen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Again SamaraTen,, back to topic,, the civil rights comments you made??

as far as this aspect of the Bible,, what makes you think I didn't know Jacob/Israel are the same two dudes.
I was speaking about how he created the 12 tribes with his different wives, handmaidens of his wives, how did that confuse you?
I am well versed in your Bible, because I was Raised as a Born Again Christian who went into the ministry to become a minister,,, and studied it even more,,, went to Temple to learn Hebrew,,, Went to Greece and tried to learn some Greek,,, that is HARD,, so I admit failure there in total honesty. Who are you to say I Know Nothing,,, that is for me to say,,, which I DO ADMIT FREELY.
I have No Problem with My Own Ignorance, what about you, will you delve as deep as I have into the pool and admit your own Flaming Ignorance about not just the Bible,, God , philosophy and Religion,,, but also,, Homosexuality,,, which to KNOW in the Biblical context means more than I think you want to admit.
Your God seems Small and Puny against the God I learned about while I was Christian. Thank god for Jesus,,, maybe one day you will get his message. Until then, As so many christians say,,, "Have a Blessed Day"
AND I MEAN THAT
I don't hate you the way you seem to hate and put me down my fellow human being. We will arrive at NOWHERE doing this all day. Would it not be better we see our Similarities and mutual needs as something to work with, as opposed to the Division you seem to wish keeping us alienated from each other.
I can agree we both have different ideas about so much,,, but as Americans,, we are on the same team, like it or Not. We should find what unifies us, instead of this division.. why is that so hard?

And why is it so hard for you to answer my questions regarding your Civil Rights Comments and the people I pointed out to you to investigate for yourself, to see a different perspective.
If you were to do the same,, I would look and answer you in return.

Anyway,,, it has been fun. Love you and hope that the Light Shines Equally Upon Us ALL In these Dark Days.

More Light Less Darkness is Great by Me,,, Bring it ON.

So,, what you mean?

1ST: Israel was the name given to Jacob, after wrestling with God. It has NOTHING TO DO with a place on the map. ZIP. You're totally CONFUSED.

2nd: Those people in the BIBLE that had "multiple wives" also missed out on the promises God made them because of their sins.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You Obviously didn't look at who Bayard Rustin Was, because, yes he was doing what he did for BOTH,, being Black and GAY,,, Openly then,, you have to be kidding.

So sorry to post anything beneath your level of spirituality and time, I have twisted nothing dear online person, I leave that up to the bigots and fundies. You really reek of FEAR, and I am truly sorry about that for you.
I wish you the best with your smiting attitude, I am sure it has gotten you far in this life.
Again Have a Blessed Day.
Oh By the Way,,, when I was 'Saved" it was because of How the Old Hymn " JUST AS I AM" moved my heart closer to god. You can think what you wish,, God and I are just Fine with WHO I AM,, My deity LOVES UNCONDITIONALLY unlike the being you present.

reply to post by EarthCitizen23

I ignored your post because it wasn't worth my time. The man you referred to was doing his work for blacks not gays. IF you're gonna twist something...make it accurate.

Add: I'll say it to you again, God is not going to change HIS laws because you're gay. You're the one that needs to "change your thinking".

edit on 27-3-2013 by SamaraTen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Me too !! Sleep tight and don't let the bigots bite!!

SamaraTen,, this show is yours again,,, have fun.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Again SamaraTen,, back to topic,, the civil rights comments you made??

as far as this aspect of the Bible,, what makes you think I didn't know Jacob/Israel are the same two dudes.
I was speaking about how he created the 12 tribes with his different wives, handmaidens of his wives, how did that confuse you?
I am well versed in your Bible, because I was Raised as a Born Again Christian who went into the ministry to become a minister,,, and studied it even more,,, went to Temple to learn Hebrew,,, Went to Greece and tried to learn some Greek,,, that is HARD,, so I admit failure there in total honesty. Who are you to say I Know Nothing,,, that is for me to say,,, which I DO ADMIT FREELY.
I have No Problem with My Own Ignorance, what about you, will you delve as deep as I have into the pool and admit your own Flaming Ignorance about not just the Bible,, God , philosophy and Religion,,, but also,, Homosexuality,,, which to KNOW in the Biblical context means more than I think you want to admit.
Your God seems Small and Puny against the God I learned about while I was Christian. Thank god for Jesus,,, maybe one day you will get his message. Until then, As so many christians say,,, "Have a Blessed Day"
AND I MEAN THAT
I don't hate you the way you seem to hate and put me down my fellow human being. We will arrive at NOWHERE doing this all day. Would it not be better we see our Similarities and mutual needs as something to work with, as opposed to the Division you seem to wish keeping us alienated from each other.
I can agree we both have different ideas about so much,,, but as Americans,, we are on the same team, like it or Not. We should find what unifies us, instead of this division.. why is that so hard?

And why is it so hard for you to answer my questions regarding your Civil Rights Comments and the people I pointed out to you to investigate for yourself, to see a different perspective.
If you were to do the same,, I would look and answer you in return.

Anyway,,, it has been fun. Love you and hope that the Light Shines Equally Upon Us ALL In these Dark Days.

More Light Less Darkness is Great by Me,,, Bring it ON.

So,, what you mean?

You know so much about the BIBLE, then side with 'gay rights'. So then, you're just a well educated hypocrite?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Go look up the legal definition of a license then tell me all about your freedoms and rights.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
The 14th amendment mentions neither gays nor marriage so their argument is basically arbitrary.

However that said I think we should give them their rights. They can marry but they then need to shut their traps stop having all their gay pride parades and realize that there is not a darn thing special about them anymore. You gays want the same rights then you deserve equal treatment with no special perks .....you are not special.

You don't give anyone their inalienable sovereign rights. Nor does the constitution. We already possess them. The constitution doesnt name all your rights, it only negotiates or limits a few of your infinite rights for the sake of a nation. It is the box the government is in, not your box. Learn what constitution means. This is for real. You don't give anyone the right to marry. They have it already. You don't give people rights. The constitution doesnt. They have them already. A majority cannot take away even one person's infinite inalienable rights for its illegal, not only against the constitution, but against the only natural form of law that even exists: basic common law, the litany of thou shalt not harm, and having your rights infringed upon IS HARM and SLAVERY.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

They quote Noah but missed this part

37And as were the days of Noah, so shall be the coming of the Son of man. 38For as in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39and they knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall be the coming of the Son of man. 40Then shall two men be in the field; one is taken, and one is left: 41two women shall be grinding at the mill; one is taken, and one is left.

Everything seemed normal before the flood.. It actually sounds like todays world a bit

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

They quote Noah but missed this part

37And as were the days of Noah, so shall be the coming of the Son of man. 38For as in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39and they knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall be the coming of the Son of man. 40Then shall two men be in the field; one is taken, and one is left: 41two women shall be grinding at the mill; one is taken, and one is left.

Everything seemed normal before the flood.. It actually sounds like todays world a bit
Heck, we can take it one step further.

Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth..
Can't do that if you're "gay".

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Heck, we can take it one step further.

Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth..
Can't do that if you're "gay".

Oh I forgot about that part
Take 2 guys... Get it right this time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join