It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over population is a perception!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hear me out…

We will use the "Las Vegas Metropolitan area" (*Not Las Vegas city limits*) as an example from the 2000 census as a comparison.

In 2000 the population of the Las Vegas Metropolitan area was (1,563,282) people. The Las Vegas Valley is roughly (25) miles long from North to South.

Now, we shall look at the distance in a straight line from (A) Las Vegas, NV to (B) Barstow, CA. At a distance of 130 mile's apart. (We all can agree there is pretty much nothing there, as for google satellite confirming this.

25/130 = 5.2

(25) miles fits into (130) miles just over (5) times. so we will round down to 5.

So this data provides the common sense fact that from point (A) to Point (B)

That accommodates space for (7,816,410) more people to live a modern day Las Vegas Metropolitan style life style. (7,816,410) is just above 3/4th of (10) million. The world population is around (7) billion people. I just made room for 0.1% of the worlds population between Las Vegas, NV and Barstow, CA… This is not counting East and West of this 130 mile distance that we limited to a straight line.

Are you starting to see my point? These things are explained within a lot of the UN (Agenda 21) documents about Population control. The sad truth is the people and organizations are on record with plans of misinforming the public. This goals of funneling people in general into Subcompact cities. As in like, "modern day" ghettos with lots of pretty distractions, drugs and entertainment to keep the people blind, deaf and dumb to anything outside the carefully constructed box around them.

eg., The "light rail" system is part and parcel of Agenda 21 planning for subcompact cities. ... There has been repeated calls for de-industrialization of the developed world by the global elite. (Always follow the money. Be it funding or profit.)

***Agenda 21 Sustainable Development has already barreled, like a locomotive, into your“city, county and state. “For example, many cities have “light rail” systems, designed to get individuals out of their cars. “This is achieved by city and urban planners encouraging growth in some areas, and stifling it in other areas, thus directing where humans live. “The common methods used are limiting road expansion, limiting parking, subsidizing public transportation, etc. - Here is an excellent example of an independent article covering this subject - www.infowars.com...

So what is the point I am trying to make? It is not a problem with overpopulation and or Overconsumption… It is a problem with unitizing innovation and technology in a balance with nature or common sense human stability. Let us focus on overpopulation for a moment… Overpopulation is a perception. as in the math we did above, lets take it a step further, shall we?

Lets expand it to a distance of 130 miles squared from North to South and East and West. So (130) mile's height and (130) mile's width… 16,900 square miles of space. So considering Las Vegas holds a population of (1,563,282) people. Considering Las Vegas metro is roughly 25 miles by 25 miles. You should be able to fit 25 size Las Vegas size metropolitan cities between Las Vegas, NV and Barstow, CA covering enough land to house and accommodate for 39 Million more people (@ 0.5% of the world population with in an area 130x130 mile's large.

Further Example just based on the land mass of the United States alone. (United States total land area: 3,536,290 square miles). That would be enough space to accommodate (8,845,149,606) people with a Las Vegas metropolitan spaced lifestyle. The United States total land mass is only 6.14% of the total planets land mass coming in at (57,510,000 square miles).

To get back to the main point, Next is Overconsumption:

The problem with Overconsumption is mostly due to products we do not need on a fundamental way, And/or for our survival. Modern day "consumerism" is not a natural thing. It is a programing thing. There is a great movie I would like you to watch if you have not seen it. "THX 1138" (1971) - www.sockshare.com...# This was George Lucas's directorial debut. There was another movie much like this That was called "The Island" (2005). This gives depth to the in the box mentality I am speaking of.

The earth can hold "space wise" (143,846,956,512) People living under modern means of living.

The real point is not "Overconsumption and Overpopulation" "We’ve got a problem" It is more of a problem with utilizing innovation's and modern technologies. Is the real problem, what they say it is with their BS statistics? Take for example the use of "Aquaponics" en.wikipedia.org... Here is an independent article that speaks of the possibilities of Aquaponics for survival - www.survivalblog.com...

A 256-square-foot Aquaponics system will produce 110-220 pounds of vegetables and 15-20 pounds of fish per month! Think about it!

Is part of the problem consumerism? Yes, but more to do with the "limits" of what we consume and buy. Do they have Aquaponics on the shelves of Wal-Mart? Are people educated to be self-sustaining?

Think of modern day building skills and technology. The Majority of Las Vegas residents that live outside of the "Resort district" is based on a single level living platform. I do understand that most apartments and condo's are multi level complexes, but we for the sake of debate, will average out the levels of structures to about (3) floors of modern-day living in stacks. When considering modern day multi level complexes, don't you think that they could be built better, Taller? I am willing to bet that modern-day Las Vegas style Apartment/Condo buildings are as least based upon 30 to 40 year old building techniques. But that could be an overstatement. Our focus should be on exploiting our tech to build a new future and way of live for the worlds population we have. considering we have enough space for (143,846,956,512) People. It is more about how we do it as a problem, rather than, how we could do it. No matter what it gives the powers that be, get more power, more control to teach us there is a problem with "Overpopulation" when they puzzle pieced the way we live before the turn of the 20th century. Welcome to the 21st, as in "Agenda 21's" agenda for the 21st century.

Rest assured we still have room for 20.5 times more people in this world. and thats based on the way we are currently living.

We live in a day where I own a water filter that fits in my back pack pocket, that will filter upto 500 gallons of pure clean water from a bucket of piss and #.

The problem is the brainwashing and dumb people.

I will end this message with the following

I would like you to research "Climategate" and how the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference in December (2009) was exposed for doctoring statistics that support the fear mongering BS this post was based upon. - youtu.be... - Infowars covered this very well in this video.

The end game for the agenda they have planned for us is... to "Carbon tax" us. Meaning they want to tax the air you breath and use. Key point this is how they plan on funding the NWO...
edit on 26-3-2013 by NeillieN because: Typo

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NeillieN

I think there is only a problem with overpopulation because of the way country's conduct themselves and how they prioritize their growth. There is more than enough space in the land, and there is more than enough fertile land across the world to plant and feed people, but everyone is too busy being mad/jealous of one another and fail to come together to work towards a goal like that.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
We are overpopulated with humans not because of their numbers but because of their wants. We want things that destroy the environment and hurt the other species of the world. We waste so much and want things we don't need. We are never satisfied, if we get something we want more and this causes further destruction of nature.

We create economies that are in direct conflict with nature. Our curiosity causes us to want to travel far and take the most destructive methods on the environment to get there fast.

The earth could supply the needs of this many people but not their wants.

We are overpopulated but within a few years there will be a severe drop in our numbers. Maybe then the earth can heal.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

A 256-square-foot Aquaponics system will produce 110-220 pounds of vegetables and 15-20 pounds of fish per month! Think about it!

I find it sad that so many people are going hungry when this type of technology exists; its healthy, efficient, and sustainable. In colder climates, you can even use rabbits and compost to heat the setup during the winter so that power is being conserved. Also, you can use gravity to your advantage to circulate the water with proper engineering so power is conserved in that aspect as well.

I have some acreage and if I ever have the money for the setup, I will have one and I would give away the surplus to anyone that needed it.

I have always wondered which is the larger problem, an exploding populace or mis-management of resources?

As for the lifestyle you describe in the rest of your post, I could not stand to live that way. I'll take my tiny house in the middle of my big old field over stacked up apartment buildings any day.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Earth is a BIG planet. Over population is man-made. TPTB are rounding up the sheep. No one can see the BIG picture?

BTW: have people ever heard of SEEDS? No one should ever go hungry. Earth produces PLENTY to eat.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Ditto that, I need open space. Im just saying in general.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Over population is a perception

No. It's a reality.

Some people try to say that because every human being on the earth can fit into Texas .. that somehow that means the earth isn't overpopulated. But the truth is that people need a certain amount of space on earth in order to live ... space for food to grow, space for trees to make air to breath, space for factories to make clothing and medicine, etc etc. And space for resources to grow to sustain life .. like healthy soil and farms etcetc. That space isn't there for the number of people alive today. It simply isn't.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I disagree.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
When people can't make money of it, it basicly doesn't work out.
So everything that is being done is always in the eye of; $.

Why is almost everying you buy packed in plastic? it's the cheapest sollution. Not the best sollution for nature sake.
And milk and other fluids in packets, they are made of many layers of different materials. They can't recycle that!

Why did we cut almost all forest in Europe (when wood was like oil today)?

In holland we got about the best farm land on this planet but they make more money when they replace it with buildings.
Cheaper country's like Polen are being used now more and more for farming and livestock.

I'm sure we could find sollutions but the sad part is basicly when it cost money and doesn't give money, it won't happen.
1 country decides to forbid fishing on a certain fish species since it's endangered, another country will just say; thanks! we can catch more now.

What about water issues in your Las Vegas example?
There would be no problem if there was a population there 5 times bigger?
just a fast google:
www.8newsnow.com...

The news coming from the Southern Nevada Water Authority Thursday about the valley's future water supply is worrisome. Unless we act quickly, there will be no water for hundreds of thousands of Las Vegas Valley residents in just three years.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money ~ Cree Indian Proverb
edit on 26-3-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

What about water issues in your Las Vegas example? There would be no problem if there was a population there 5 times bigger?

I have interviewed professional drillers, deep sea drillers, oil drillers. and you know what is funny... they all tell me there is water anywhere and everywhere, its just a matter of depth! You dig you "will" find water! Goto any las vegas desert field, dig down and down and down, tell me what you find? oh wow its water. Water is under every surface. I quote my interview "You give me a drill, I will find you water anywhere on this planet. its all a mater of how deep"

In my opinion the water shortage is Bull-Sh*t. You have Lake Mead, the river and the dam. Plus water under your feet. Come on its a way to make money off a simple deception.

Again tech is good also - en.wikipedia.org... Also devices like this compare.ebay.com...

I know that the air is not humid in southern nevada. Yet, there it is there and can be generated, it just takes longer amounts of time.

Water levels in the lake rose by more than 30 ft (9.1 m) in 2011 due to a rainy winter and increased snowfall in the Rocky Mountains. The diversion tunnels, used during construction, are at an elevation at which the flow of the river would continue indefinitely... Lake Mead has a surface area of 247 sq mi and a Max. depth of 489 ft (149 m)

Water has been collected from the air for at least 2,000 years using air wells in Middle Eastern deserts, and later in Europe. The Incas were able to sustain their culture above the rain line by collecting dew and channeling it to cisterns for later distribution. Historical records indicate the use of water-collecting fog fences. These traditional methods have usually been completely passive, requiring no external energy source other than naturally occurring temperature variations.

Again Tech - www.smartplanet.com...

How it works

Wind enters through intake vents around the nose cone of the mid-sized turbine and is then heated by a generator to become steam. The steam is compressed, which causes moisture to collect. It’s then condensed and the water is sent through pipes inside the turbine tower and into stainless steel tanks for filtration and purification. The hot air is blown out of the nacelle by a heat exchanger and air extractor.

Also please be aware the info you posted supporting your words was from "The news coming from the Southern Nevada Water Authority" The entity that stands to make $$$ from it! Stop watching channel 8 main-stream media BS! Read a good book!
edit on 26-3-2013 by NeillieN because: Typo corrections

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if overpopulation is a perception. It's still real. And you can juggle the math and calculate the absolute theoretical number of people that can be jammed into the world given the available space and water and growing area.

The point is not to push capacity to its limit.

The goal isn't MAXIMIZATION it's OPTIMIZATION for the best quality of life.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I disagree, You are in the box.

edit on 26-3-2013 by NeillieN because: (no reason given)

top topics

join