It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

(Reuters) - North Korea said on Tuesday its strategic rocket and long-range artillery units have been ordered to be combat ready, targeting U.S. military bases on Guam, Hawaii and mainland America after U.S. bombers flew sorties threatening the North.

Another Source

even China calls for restraint this time.

"From this moment, the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army will be putting into combat duty posture No. 1 all field artillery units, including long-range artillery units and strategic rocket units, that will target all enemy objects in U.S. invasionary bases on its mainland, Hawaii and Guam," the North's KCNA news agency said.

This is the most direct threat from the DPRK thus far and even China stepped in this time, let's hope this is just another blustering pose. This time the threat does really feel more real than in the past, because it just won't stop. Every day since almost 3 weeks there's a new threat when I wake up.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
THAT might actually get them a little nuke right on his head.

10,000 artillery and he tells them to aim at a few specific bases? Oh...it would erase them from creation like an F-5 tornado with craters. It's simple physics after an hour or less of it.

I can't even begin to imagine what the American public AND Military leaders personally would be like after seeing before and after shots of BIG bases that have all the evidence of life the moon might show, complete with nothing more than fragments of anything like solid ground left.

That's quite a threat given what he has sitting and presumed functional all over the countryside, just north of the line. He just won't pipe down.....how many threats is this now?
edit on 26-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

There have been quite a few times N.K. has threatened the US. China would step in just like so.. and all the trash talking would cease. This particular time, US is actually getting prepared. I feel like the US must have done something to be expecting such a response.

Something is not being told here.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

Well, i think many many people have had quite enough of this gobby little fat egocentric man.

I say that the powers to be pick up the red phone and just say "ok guys you have the go ahead... press that big red button and lets get it over with".

Once the war is over let's start building the world to be a better place again.

Grumble grumble mutter mutter

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
After all these threats from North Korea either the governments of the world know that it is just that ( empty threats ) or they are willing to sacrifice many lives so as not to antagonize China or Russia. Either way we the West are starting to look very weak in the eyes of the world.
What worry me is that all the signs are now in place for a major global conflict, one that will dramatically reduce the population of planet earth. Where is this all going to end?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Good to hear China has finally stepped up to the mark and told Un to pack it in. I think the Chinese are now sick of North Korea themselves. The Chinese like to play chess games with the world but they dont do cage fighting like North Korea does!
Time for a meeting at the UN. I think the Chinese will favour a UN military solution rather than a USA led one. Maybe the Chinese have realised all too late now that they have lost influence in North Korea!
And are as alarmed as we are at Mr Un's behaviour.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'm constantly harping on being as responsible as I possibly can for the safety and well being of my family. After a lifetime (55 years and counting) of confrontational, self-justification wherever I sometimes reacted prematurely or overly aggressive on perceived threats, I have spent a great deal of time recently learning to turn the other cheek. Pick and choose my battles more wisely, and have the patience to make better decisions. Having been one of the worst offenders of shoot first ask questions later, I had far more to learn than probably anyone I have ever known. I have developed a strong distaste for any attitude that embellishes a rigid, chin in the air defiant righteous arrogance.

Screw it. This man has threatened my family and all those I love and he claims to have the tools to do it. He may as well have used the words "please remove me from existence", and this time I won't even have to be the one who does it.

Not turning the other cheek this time.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
They can "aim" whatever they want at us. Until they can actually get it here, I don't think there's much to be worried about. More irrelevant chest thumping from NK. Moving on..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Nobody wants war, and nobody wants N.Korea to exist. Now they are claiming targets and getting units combat ready?

We keep hearing threats and nothing happens... again we all say "lets hope nothing happens... blah, blah, blah"

Well, lets hope nothing happens. The US would put an end to N.Korea if conflict were to arise again. It would keep Russia and China on the edge of their chairs while Israel helps settle Syria... maybe.

When are these threats going to be taken seriously? After it's too late?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
What an legacy he has inherited.. finding himself in no way out situation which can lead to extreme solutions. Many of us thought he would be different as he spent so many years outside NK and perhaps learnt some western thinking, it prooved to be wrong. You can only wonder....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I also think China responded that quickly to the newest threats because they are a little worried that the US and ROK might strike the DPRK soon. This is getting way out of hand, how can the international community let a small country like the DPRK say and do all this without consequences (yea yea I know sanctions)? Just because they play the crazy one and have a huge army? Their leadership is a threat to humanity and should be removed. I just wonder what would happen to all the North Koreans after a war, they are too brainwashed in my opinion to live amongst South Koreans. This is way different than East and West Germany back then.

Also I think he has to do SOMETHING in the near future, otherwise he'll lose his face. I always think to myself it's just for the North Koreans etc, but I really do think it's not. Asians really tend to think differently than we do and maybe the DPRK is way too backed up in a corner right now after all these sanctions so it has to pull the trigger?
edit on 26-3-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nostalgic
They can "aim" whatever they want at us. Until they can actually get it here, I don't think there's much to be worried about. More irrelevant chest thumping from NK. Moving on..

This isn't about aiming anything at US bases ...as in Hawaii or Mainland America. Nowhere like it. These bases are already within gun range of his many many thousands of pieces of artilley which are deployed and sitting there. All he'd technically have to do is order them to fire.

First, there's the unfortunate geography—the opponents' capitals are just 120 miles apart, with Seoul within 35 miles of the border. The numbers only get worse, with estimates of as many as 13,000 artillery pieces positioned along that border, many of them within range and presumably aimed directly at Seoul, one of the world's most densely-populated cities. Factor in the rate of fire of all those suspected artillery batteries, and throw in the potential launch of hundreds of missiles, and it's easy to conclude that if North Korea is pushed hard enough, the result could be, as the New York Times put it yesterday, "the destruction of Seoul."
(Source: Popular Mechanics)

The article goes on to say that it's not a matter of total destruction and the above is a bit of hyperbole. It also notes the fact Seoul getting pounded silly isn't. Now, direct all that onto the few bases that are under direct fire range of North Korean artillery? Good God... You'd have shells overlapping dozens of times if they're accurate. There just isn't that much space on the bases to ABSORB that many rounds falling at that rate, I'd think. Seoul is huge. Some bases wouldn't be.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The latest demonization of tiny little Korea. Provoked by the US... yes, in the link in the Op...

North Korea said on Tuesday its strategic rocket and long-range artillery units have been ordered to be combat ready, targeting U.S. military bases on Guam, Hawaii and mainland America after U.S. bombers flew sorties threatening the North.

After US bombers flew sorties "threatening" the North. Oh so the resulting statement "threatening the US" is a really a reaction to an actual provocation by the US. But never mind the actual bully, just focus on the paper tiger.

Carry on...

www.nytimes.com...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i was just listening about this on sky news
Eamon Holmes was talking to a bloke in Beijing about it
and i quote "remember, America has much more firepower.......if North Korea launch any attacks on the US, then North Korea will be destroyed"

i find this very unsettling, why not target just the military bases?
why the whole country?
theres so many innocent victims living in the poverish, disease ridden environment.
Those people need our help, as human beings they deserve the right to be acknowledged.

edit on 26-3-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: Goblins

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That's one of the most creative efforts I've seen since North Korea started this whole latest series of escalating tensions quite some time ago for making it the U.S.'s fault.

The bombers weren't bright and even I said so ...but to even joke like this, let alone say it's a counter move may VERY well get those bombers coming back and as far more than an exercise this time. It may even get a few bats flying over and crapping real bad days out behind them as they go.

This one isn't the US's fault without a lot more to go on than just how a well publicized and very well known exercise was handled over South Korea and International waters/air. If he got bent, well.. He needs to grow up as a world leader. Not threaten to kill people every time he gets ticked. (We already see that from others who should know better..lol)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
i hope this doesnt kick off.. my bro just moved to SK to work

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Why don't they just focus haarp on this guys palace and turn it into rubble with him in it?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Any stupid moves from NK will result in China stepping in for annexation and moves their border to 38 parallel and declaring NK as the newest addition to its autonomous regions, number 6, I think.

" Autonomous Region Of Chao Xian" doesn't sound too bad.

Instead of having NK obliterated by the US and allies, China will save NK's ass to the world's heave of collective sighs of relief and blindsiding the US again.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mypan
Any stupid moves from NK will result in China stepping in for annexation and moves their border to 38 parallel and declaring NK as the newest addition to its autonomous regions, number 6, I think.

" Autonomous Region Of Chao Xian" doesn't sound too bad.

Instead of having NK obliterated by the US and allies, China will save NK's ass to the world's heave of collective sighs of relief and blindsiding the US again.

Everything you see NK doing publicly is what China has secretly ordered them to do.

Annexation occurred years ago. NK is a buffer zone and military proxy state for the PLA.

Likewise, most of what you see South Korea do militarily is at the suggestion of the Americans.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
We attack Iraq and Afghan when they can't really defend themselves. Now this chubby chump is threatening our people and has the means to kill many of our soldiers, and South Korean and Japanese innocents, while placing threats on the continental U.S., and the Obama family vacations? Kill him and his army, save many innocent lives and help those poor North Koreans suffering because of this one mans greed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join