It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage girl among stabbing victims at East Liberty Target

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Teenage girl among stabbing victims at East Liberty Target

www .wtae.com

Four people, including a 16-year-old girl, were stabbed late Monday afternoon inside the Target in East Liberty

A police sergeant at the scene said four people were taken to area hospitals to be treated for knife wounds.

Read more: www.wtae.com... QDvwN
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I feel bad for the victims and I really hope the 16 year old girl pulls through. This just goes to show that anyone who has bad intentions does not need to a gun to hurt or try and kill people.

With that being said I guess this means we can expect the following things:

< Sarcasm>

A call to ban all knives
A bill that states no high powered arms can use a knife
A call to ban all video games that involve cooking
Mandatory background checks for anyone who has eaten at a restaurant, since this would mean they are proficiant with the use of a knife.
A list of people who have all shopped at pampered chef over the last 6 months.

< /Sarcasm>

Bring on the hate.

www .wtae.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-3-2013 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Uh oh. I have a whole block FULL of knives right in my kitchen.

End sarcasm.

I have to first express my condolences to the families and well wishes for the girl.

I have to wonder if this was a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, or if there was a connection between the victims and the perp. Time will tell as details are released, I suppose. Its a very sad situation either way.

S&F

edit on 25-3-2013 by daryllyn because: I. cannot. type.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Yeah, the details are minimal right now. Im curious as well to find out the motive, if we ever find it out.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I wonder if this situation could have been stopped by a person with a concealed carry permit, had they been there to witness the event.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Oh im sure it could have. You know what they say, dont bring a knife to a gun fight. I wonder if the store has a security guard. Any members in the area of where this happened know if this store has a security guard?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ah, someone had to bring it up
Undoubtedly I think there' would be a lot less injured people had someone with a fire arm been present. Perhaps an armed person could've helped prevent anyone from getting stabbed/sliced from the knife.
edit on 25-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

I wonder if this situation could have been stopped by a person with a concealed carry permit, had they been there to witness the event.

I would say that would have, should the circumstances be right, been very helpful. Without even firing a shot most likely.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Ahh.. A question.

Do you think someone with a concealed carry permit and they had been nearby, would they have stopped it? Prevented it? Saved the day?

Would someone WITH a CCW be required then to use that weapon and become an unpaid police officer? Would they be responsible of negligence if they just stood by and did nothing?

What good is a gun if it's not used? What good is a gun if everyone uses one.

Why are we talking about guns in a knife thread.

I know I know, the hypocrisy.. the agenda... the "I have a right to make knife jokes!!"

It's an often heard claim however - if there had been people with guns, this would not have happened.

Yet nation wide, how manyt times a year do you hear about people with guns stopping a crime. I mean, realistically and not the one or two times that it makes the news when old grampa bob shoots that pesky intruder dirty harry style and becomes the saviour of the town.

If it were the case, that people with guns were a deterrent to crime, then what are all the people with guns doing? Why is crime rampant?

It's just a nice bed time story to tell yourselves.

No I don't agree that guns should be removed. It's as pointless as removing any thing that can be identified as a personal right. We see how well the War on (insert vice) has worked. We have cops on the streets saying "As soon as we take that doper out, another one comes alone. But it's what we do." and then we have "As an sheriff of this county I will not enforce unworkable gun laws."

One hand, too easy a target, too easy a bust. The other hand, oh no, we cants offends our rights...

If there had been a hari krishna there with a big book and a glass of carrot juice, I wonder if they could have stopped the knifing maniac.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If there had been a hari krishna there with a big book and a glass of carrot juice, I wonder if they could have stopped the knifing maniac.
reply to post by winofiend

If this would have happened at an airport then the answer is yes, yes they could have.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Of course someone did, and why not me?

In the context of the thread, this aspect of sometimes ignored. People think concealed carry and think of self defense. Pretty obvious.

But, the neglected aspect is the ability to protect others and possibly prevent crime or prevent a suspect from fleeing before the police can get there. A lot of people that have concealed carry permits also carry handcuffs.

I see signs in many places of business that say 'fire arms are prohibited', which could work if criminals followed the rules. I think a sign saying the opposite might be more effective in preventing violence and theft. Knowing law abiding citizens might be carrying a weapon, might be a better deterrent than a sign..

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If it were the case, that people with guns were a deterrent to crime, then what are all the people with guns doing? Why is crime rampant?

The difference here is that its a law abiding citizen vs a criminal.

Criminals don't follow the laws. The very idea that another law, in addition to the many that came before it, isn't going to make a bit of difference for those who will ignore the law, regardless.

And, no. The person with the CCW is not obligated to do anything, but, I would like to think that people want to help people. But, I have always lived in the country and in small towns, so my expectations might differ a lot from people who may live in other areas and might have different expectations.

I know I know, the hypocrisy.. the agenda... the "I have a right to make knife jokes!!"

OP started it. But, yes, hypocrisy.. the agenda.. the fact that even without guns, these things are inevitable.

edit on 25-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

reply to post by kimish

I see signs in many places of business that say 'fire arms are prohibited', which could work if criminals followed the rules. I think a sign saying the opposite might be more effective in preventing violence and theft. Knowing law abiding citizens might be carrying a weapon, might be a better deterrent than a sign..

I think a great sign for a business would be this:

WELCOME CONCEALED CARRY PATRONS
15% DISCOUNT WHEN YOU SHOW YOUR CCW

I would think twice about knocking off that store.

Okay Mods, Carry out your removal of my post. I'm sure you'll deem this one as not contributing to the thread as well.

new topics

top topics

join