It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK migration crackdown: ‘No social housing for newcomers’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

So what are you saying exactly? You want the same benefits as the poor? If your private you rent what you can afford. Are you saying those renting privatly should get some kind of social housing? I think that you are not entirely sure what you are on about.
Well done for twisting this thread from an immigration issue to the undeserving poor issue. Well done very nice work.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Thanks, i wont forget, nor will i forget the dismantling of the steel,coal, industries by the tories.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

So what are you saying exactly? You want the same benefits as the poor? If your private you rent what you can afford. Are you saying those renting privatly should get some kind of social housing? I think that you are not entirely sure what you are on about.
Well done for twisting this thread from an immigration issue to the undeserving poor issue. Well done very nice work.

Are you really that thick as fook that you cannot understand my point in that last post.
I am really tired of your silly emotive and non reasoned responses to my replies here.
For #s sake, all I'm sayin is that if the social tenants get protection from the extra bedroom rule then why are we all not campaigning for the same equity for private tenants who are already #ed over with high rents in #ty accommodation which isn't subsidised by the taxpayers.
I'm out of this thread, my responses are well considered and explained so apart from this one full of expletives, anyone else can see the needy welfare type pricks who have a problem.
Enjoy your crutch of the welfare state which I pay into, sorry you can't get through life without a subsidy, oh I'm almost crying tears.

...just a shame that the social renting people who oppose the 1 bedroom/1 person rule are not so quick to support the private rented folk who have had to deal with this for years. Selfish if you ask me but hey, I'm not as dependendent as the whingers here, I'm glad, but disappointed that none of you social renters seem drawn to supporting private renters who are already #ed over with this bedroom rule. Shame on you. Selfish small minded social welfare sentiments.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The worst thing they ever did was call it "Benefits"

That automatically conjours up images of something good.

It is good, that when a member of society falls on hard times,

he and his children have food and a roof over their heads.

The welfare system is there to protect CHILDREN.

Not whites or pakis or blacks or whatever. CHILDREN.

Thats why "young white males/females" are not top of the list,

whereas "young white female with baby" is a bit further up.

This is not a race issue, but has been turned into one by Politics and Popularity contests.

Romanian "Gypies" getting "Benefits" !!!!!! Aaaaarrrrgghhhh!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
About bloody time - I remember years ago, around 2000-2001, I went into the local council office to try and register for social housing as Private renting was too expensive for me back then (still is now if I am honest) and I was basically told I would be bottom of the pile and not bother as young white males were not a priority (their exact words), all the while next to me in the adjacent booth a Bangladeshi lady, who required a translator (at our expense) was getting everything on offer thrown at her and her hoard of kids....

It left a bitter taste in my mouth that never quite went away....

You're not wrong mate,here,in Aberdeen,where no social housing is available to immigrants,they are given private lets,paid for by the bloody taxpayer as always.
The conservatives are just jumping on the political bandwagon with their proposed "remedies" for the situation,obviously UKIP have got them worried!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

Are you really that thick as fook that you cannot understand my point in that last post.
I am really tired of your silly emotive and non reasoned responses to my replies here.
For #s sake, all I'm sayin is that if the social tenants get protection from the extra bedroom rule then why are we all not campaigning for the same equity for private tenants who are already #ed over with high rents in #ty accommodation which isn't subsidised by the taxpayers.
I'm out of this thread, my responses are well considered and explained so apart from this one full of expletives, anyone else can see the needy welfare type pricks who have a problem.
Enjoy your crutch of the welfare state which I pay into, sorry you can't get through life without a subsidy, oh I'm almost crying tears.

...just a shame that the social renting people who oppose the 1 bedroom/1 person rule are not so quick to support the private rented folk who have had to deal with this for years. Selfish if you ask me but hey, I'm not as dependendent as the whingers here, I'm glad, but disappointed that none of you social renters seem drawn to supporting private renters who are already #ed over with this bedroom rule. Shame on you. Selfish small minded social welfare sentiments.
wow we are showing our true colours now arrnt we. You hate the thick now,wow. Calm down have a cup of tea. You can be wrong you know no matter how well you think you have thought out your posts. Shame on you.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

This is such a touchy subject, even for I. As a child of a tortured father (thanks USA!), my parents arrived to a strange cold country up in the north of Europe. We were three extra new comers in the small flat of a Swedish couple who volunteered to take care us as refugees. We didn't get housing like it was candy given away, we had to wait many years. A long story short, I dont even belong to this country but seeing housing going first hand to others than the ones needing that we already have from long .... kinda makes me vex.

Strange huh?

Still I try so hard to remain tolerant and humble.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
The worst thing they ever did was call it "Benefits"

That automatically conjours up images of something good.

It is good, that when a member of society falls on hard times,

he and his children have food and a roof over their heads.

The welfare system is there to protect CHILDREN.

Not whites or pakis or blacks or whatever. CHILDREN.

Thats why "young white males/females" are not top of the list,

whereas "young white female with baby" is a bit further up.

This is not a race issue, but has been turned into one by Politics and Popularity contests.

Romanian "Gypies" getting "Benefits" !!!!!! Aaaaarrrrgghhhh!!!!

according to the ukip leader"out of 65000 romanians already in london there has been 27000 thousand crimes on record in the last 5 years attributed to them" great news for insurance companies, private prisons etc etc etc

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

He sounds like he wants 2 spare rooms for his son, one at his ex-wife's house, and one at his, even though it was he and his wife who chose to split up and live separately.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Nah, you failed to support the non social/council tenants who have been struggling for years, then made insinuations about me as a person even though you were unable to directly quote me in any way to support your snide remarks.
Enjoy your social housing life, I'm glad I pay my way in life without the welfare crutch.
It is interesting how different a conversation can be digitally compared to face to face. Maybe one day we will have the pleasure of shaking hands

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Care to explain how you think that, I'm interested in your reasoning

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is a scam to get all the poor out of London.

That is where they are paying top rents for poor people.

They want them to move out, but you can't say that sort of thing.

So they tax all the poor instead.

That creates mobility in the housing market and encourages them to move.

I came to the Uk as an Immigrant from Germany (I'm not German)

If I hadn't been able to pay a years rent up front, I have no idea what I would have done.

Now, on housing benefit they only pay for 2 bedrooms.

The house has 3,

Now we pay £40 a month for our "extra bedroom" because it is deemed unnessessary.

Boo.

edit on 25/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: o

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The thing is it's easy just to blame one party, but each is as much to blame as the other.

Thatcher, Major, Blair and Brown must all bear some of the responsibility and blame.
Cameron has just taken things to the next level.

Each blames each other but the reality is they do absolutely nothing to reverse the trend - it's in their best interest's to maintain the system that provides so well for them.

If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd suggest that perhaps it's all a concerted effort by the Eton / Oxbridge class to turn back the clock to a time when they lived in the lap of luxury and with relative impugnity whilst the rest of us struggled just to get by.

One things for certain, we won't turn back the tide as long as we waste our time blaming and demonising each other instead of looking for the root cause and demanding real and lasting action.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

He sounds like he wants 2 spare rooms for his son, one at his ex-wife's house, and one at his, even though it was he and his wife who chose to split up and live separately.
that what it sounds like to me. Why doesnt he justbuy a property? Im sure his rich spouse could lend him the deposit. I still have no idea what he is trying to say!lol

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Nah, you failed to support the non social/council tenants who have been struggling for years, then made insinuations about me as a person even though you were unable to directly quote me in any way to support your snide remarks.
Enjoy your social housing life, I'm glad I pay my way in life without the welfare crutch.
It is interesting how different a conversation can be digitally compared to face to face. Maybe one day we will have the pleasure of shaking hands

i do hope not, you sound kind of sinister and at times out of control

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

that what it sounds like to me. Why doesnt he justbuy a property? Im sure his rich spouse could lend him the deposit. I still have no idea what he is trying to say!lol

So, which of my posts do you not understand?
I can simplify if you need it, I have raised a child so I'm sure I can help you understand the simple concepts I've explained in this thread so far

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

i do hope not, you sound kind of sinister and at times out of control

Again, please feel free to directly quote me if you wish to make such assertions.
Rather silly and childish, but hey, if it amuses you then I'm happy to play a game if you are so inclined to do so

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm not saying we shouldn't have stricter Immigration rules like other sovereign nations.

I'm Just adressing the general rascism in this thread.

Because....

Peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Each blames each other but the reality is they do absolutely nothing to reverse the trend - it's in their best interest's to maintain the system that provides so well for them.

If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd suggest that perhaps it's all a concerted effort by the Eton / Oxbridge class to turn back the clock to a time when they lived in the lap of luxury and with relative impugnity whilst the rest of us struggled just to get by.

One things for certain, we won't turn back the tide as long as we waste our time blaming and demonising each other instead of looking for the root cause and demanding real and lasting action.

I totally agree........and if I also was a conspiracy theorist I would suggest perhaps it's no accident that we are so focused on each other and creating a "them" and "us" mentality between ourselves.....whilst the real "them" laugh's their rock's off!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ats dont like too much quoting but you only have to read page 6.
Now are you saying private renting people can not rent 2 bedrooms? Or are you saying that private renters are at risk of having to leave the family home? Or are you laughing at the misfortune of others whom are caught in the poverty trap? I realy have no idea what you are on about and if you do,please state clearly as im befuddled. Please dont swear at me because of my intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join