It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK migration crackdown: ‘No social housing for newcomers’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Mainly because the politicians will end up becoming Board members of the corporations that are avoiding paying tax? Yeah, it's pretty straightforward really.

What you have to remember is that it was the benefit recipients that forced the banks to act in the way they did, it was the benefit recipients that forced the government to wage war in the Middle East and Afghanistan, it was the benefit recipients that forced politicians to fraudently claim expenses.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

reply to post by plube

Thank you both for your support......

I try most time's to avoid using my personal situation to further a debate...not least because I don't think it's always appropriate to use your individual plight in a way that can cloud the subject matter...but on the subject of children and disability benefit's I feel I am wholly qualified to comment and refute any fallacy surrounding it because I know for FACT that my situation isn't isolated and is common......

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Hold on, that wasn't a dig at anyone getting disability support as such, but I didn't explain what I meant. I meant that many parents I know whose kids are somewhat hyperactive have been put forward as possible kids with ADHD, even though many of those parents state that he/she hasn't, but the schools have been pushing for it, even when the kid is actually still achieving in class.

That's for a seperate topic, lucky by the way that you get carers allowance, my son has AS and we don't get a penny, even though his form is quite severe, but I'm not going to have a go at you for that, because you didn't know that and quite rightly you're entitled to carers allowance as your son does indeed have ADHD or ADD, whichever one you stated and I know that kids with that wreck the place and need extra help. I will apologise that I didn't explain my stance on disability allowance, in my head I was merely thinking of what schools seem to be up to where I live, again I do apologise.

edit on 28-3-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
More hot air by the Government..Most, if not all immigrants go for private lets. the waiting list for decent social housing up here can be 5-7 years....More useless wind and P1$$ from caMORON..

ARRRRGGHHHHH! lol

FFS! I'm repeating myself here time and time and time again.

Look, I work in London, on a front line service and every day I am in and out of properties and dealing with people, as well as dealing with the politics of the organisation that there is no need to go in to now.

Where did you get that from? Every single immigrant family I have been in to have had social housing, even if the property is owned privately, it is in a scheme that leases the property to the council.

I know people and work with people within all the councils across London and they all tell me the same thing, Lambeth, Newham, actually just read my earlier post, anyway many councils place priority on immigrant families and individuals for social housing, while our own are left with box room damp flats and bedsits.

I will tell you something and this happens a lot. One job I was on this week, it was in Richmond, these apartments were amazing, we actually thought we was at the wrong place. Anyway, went up there, the guy had been doing stuff he shouldn't be doing (shall we say), but this apartment wasn't just in this luxury block, it was at the top in a penthouse suite! I was speaking one of the residents and they said they can't believe the council would put someone in there, the cheapest apartment is 300k, that's what we're looking at here. This apartment was amazing, but it had stuff everywhere still in boxes even, flat screen TVs, designer clothes, stereo systems as well as all the stuff that he shouldn't have been doing, but it didn't look like he lived there, we then find out he never lived there, he used that to do his stuff and paid someone to stay there (another foreigner), who got nicked when he turned up while we was there. The guy himself actually lived in another council property with his girlfriend! This guy had been in the country five years, that's all and he managed to get one council place himself, which he had since he got in to the country and still his name on another one without them questioning it, of course he denied it and tried to say he was just renting it out to his mate, which was BS. However, this was a guy with no kids and he managed to get that and people on here will say that there is no issue, move along? WTF?!

The point is this is not an isolated incident, this happens, I'd say at least if we do 50 jobs a week, you're probably looking at twenty of those will involve council rented properties in luxurious apartments, every single one of those 50 will be within social housing.

Honestly, you guys have no idea what its like out there and how this place is getting ripped off. All I'm now worried about is that I guess with a cut down on immigrantion my overtime is out the window! I'm only joking, my overtime went out the window long ago, its could doing it for the love of the job nowadays. As stated previously, I can't remember the last time I went in to an English family/individual's home and to say most immigrants private rent is ruubish, most White British private rent, hence why they've got nothing and the rest have got it all and hence further why to be honest, part of me now couldn't careless about our own sitting on benefits.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
One thing I will note about this thread, it is a great example of just how TPTB have divided the British people, exactly what they planned would happen not just surrounding the issue of immigration, but of class also, for which I am certainly guilty of. Divide et impera. We, the British people, have written our own tragedy and we are all responsible for the state that it is in and will fall even further in to.

The poster earlier in the thread stated that we are responsible, not immigrants and he is absolutely correct. Had we been united and strong, the issue of immigration would've been a non starter to begin with and we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in today.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

For this one situtation...how many times did you see someone else who was in dire need...foriegner or not....because this one guy has done this...do we catagorize everyone one into a single unit that says all foriegners are theives.

I personally have no idea how this guy was able to do this...and what have you done to rectify this situatiuon...have you reported it.

You have provided a fine senario of how things should work....check on what people are doing a wee bit...get up out of your offices and ensure that our tax dollars are being used right....that is what you get paid for (by our tax dollars)....that was a general statment to people who work the front lines...not you personally.

This bedroom thing is ridiculous....it creates a unstable situation....IT COSTS MONEY TO MOVE....say you live in a three bed house...your 18yr old leaves ...you now have a spare bedroom...and still one child at home...you now have to up root your younger child or children from your home.....you have very little monies...you have now lost your others childs allowance...you are now going to lose some bedroom money....or be faced with the additional costs of moving....not one person will be able to counter that.

As for immigrants coming and bleeding the system.....STOP THEM FROM DOING THAT....dont need to say no social housing for newcomers.....you need to check into if the situation is actually being abused....these are where frontline workers should be doing their jobs...If someone is found to be pilfering the system...then deal with them....don't paint everyone as abusers of the system.

People come to the uk for many many reasons....NOT ALL COME TO TAKE....many many come and contribute to w a good multicultural working society....but by doing blanket sweeps..people really forget your hurting your own people at the same time...and your hurting the most vulnerable it society because of the few that abuse the systems.

GET the ripped off taxes back form the rich and the corporates....and guess what....there isn't a problem here then.

edit on 033131p://f22Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by SecretFace

For this one situtation...how many times did you see someone else who was in dire need...foriegner or not....because this one guy has done this...do we catagorize everyone one into a single unit that says all foriegners are theives.

I personally have no idea how this guy was able to do this...and what have you done to rectify this situatiuon...have you reported it.

You have provided a fine senario of how things should work....check on what people are doing a wee bit...get up out of your offices and ensure that our tax dollars are being used right....that is what you get paid for (by our tax dollars)....that was a general statment to people who work the front lines...not you personally.

This bedroom thing is ridiculous....it creates a unstable situation....IT COSTS MONEY TO MOVE....say you live in a three bed house...your 18yr old leaves ...you now have a spare bedroom...and still one child at home...you now have to up root your younger child or children from your home.....you have very little monies...you have now lost your others childs allowance...you are now going to lose some bedroom money....or be faced with the additional costs of moving....not one person will be able to counter that.

As for immigrants coming and bleeding the system.....STOP THEM FROM DOING THAT....dont need to say no social housing for newcomers.....you need to check into if the situation is actually being abused....these are where frontline workers should be doing their jobs...If someone is found to be pilfering the system...then deal with them....don't paint everyone as abusers of the system.

People come to the uk for many many reasons....NOT ALL COME TO TAKE....many many come and contribute to w a good multicultural working society....but by doing blanket sweeps..people really forget your hurting your own people at the same time...and your hurting the most vulnerable it society because of the few that abuse the systems.

GET the ripped off taxes back form the rich and the corporates....and guess what....there isn't a problem here then.

edit on 033131p://f22Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

Yeah but read what I put, the stated incident is not isolated, its not a one off. I could keep going on, I could go in to what I actually do for a living and I like your little tax payer dig, but its not so funny when I'm working 90 hour weeks and getting paid for 40 of those hours putting up with situations that many on here only see on television.

At the end of the day, its clear that you have your opinion and I have mine, you base yours on what you believe and what you have experienced yourself as an immigrant, although I totally agree that you have been discriminated against, because had you come from plenty of other countries, you would've got everything and more thrown at you. However, your opinion is subjective, you truly don't comprehend what its like to not only work in such forced together cultures and communities, but for British people at the bottom of the chain to live within them, its Hell, it really is. I base mine on what my experiences are, both working and personal and on what I know others who work and/or live in similar environments have experienced, because that is fact and I only deal in fact.

The bottom line is, we are divided and that's fine, that's you're opinion and I respect that, but I will not change what I know because my experiences seem to never change, just get worse and until that changes, how can I ever change my opinion and believe that what you are stating is fact, when all I see is evidence to the contrary?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Benefit fraud is estimated to cost this country £2billion per year - tax evasion and tax avoidance is estimated to cost this country approximately £70billion per year.

Wonder why the government focuses on benefit fraud and demonising those receiving benefits?

Classic deflection tactics.

that right there !

nailed it mate , where are the government chasing the companies to pay up on the tax evasion/avoidance., yet they will take away our/ your benefits as soon as you fill out a form wrong and even send you to jail!

its down right cheek ! criminals the lot of them we are being swindled left right and centre whilst they get rich and fat , hopefully though they all develop gout and suffer ! would be at least some compensation for their crimes against the middle and lower classes of the UK .

they keep taking from us and beating us down and all the while the rage builds inside of us all , some will crack under their pressure and become the willing slaves , others will crack and go nuts and do some damage and become martyrs to our cause , the rest of us remain stuck in a system designed for us to fail!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
One thing I will note about this thread, it is a great example of just how TPTB have divided the British people, exactly what they planned would happen not just surrounding the issue of immigration, but of class also, for which I am certainly guilty of. Divide et impera. We, the British people, have written our own tragedy and we are all responsible for the state that it is in and will fall even further in to.

The poster earlier in the thread stated that we are responsible, not immigrants and he is absolutely correct. Had we been united and strong, the issue of immigration would've been a non starter to begin with and we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in today.

not true , we have an illusion of democracy and no matter how we play it they already have the measures in place to stop any grass roots people getting into power and making the necessary changes !

our government have set it up from the beginning to make sure they stay at the top and keep the serfs down below ! thinking that its our fault is wrong !

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

There's an easy solution to that - take out the "gangmasters" and deter anyone from flollowing in their footsteps. If it can't be done effectively by legal methods, I'm sure the locals could come up with some alternative solution.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by Logos23

Hold on, that wasn't a dig at anyone getting disability support as such, but I didn't explain what I meant. I meant that many parents I know whose kids are somewhat hyperactive have been put forward as possible kids with ADHD, even though many of those parents state that he/she hasn't, but the schools have been pushing for it, even when the kid is actually still achieving in class.

That's for a seperate topic, lucky by the way that you get carers allowance, my son has AS and we don't get a penny, even though his form is quite severe, but I'm not going to have a go at you for that, because you didn't know that and quite rightly you're entitled to carers allowance as your son does indeed have ADHD or ADD, whichever one you stated and I know that kids with that wreck the place and need extra help. I will apologise that I didn't explain my stance on disability allowance, in my head I was merely thinking of what schools seem to be up to where I live, again I do apologise.

It's not a son I was talking about it was my daughter....and I never stated she had ADHD or ADD....she has neither. I'm not trying to pull you up on these points to be pedantic just to make clear.

I was just refuting your insinuation's that families who have a child with a bit of hyper activity can easily claim carers allowance....and I did that very confidently based on my own experience, because I know that you can only claim carers allowance if your child is awarded Disability Living Allowance at the middle or higher rate...which is very difficult to do!

Those children you mentioned in schools where teachers push for a diagnosis of ADHD even though parent's feel they don't have any major problem's would not be awarded disability living Allowance or their parent's Carers Allowance....because to qualify you have to show how their medical condition adversely impact's on their day to day living backed up by proof from health professionals who work with the child. Again...I was stating that a diagnosis of anything does not qualify anyone for Disability Living Allowance or Carers Allowance on it's own....you have to prove a pattern of regular care is needed.
The reason schools do what you described in my opinion is because each school get's extra funding for those children highlighted as needing extra help in school....but again that is another subject.

I never considered myself lucky as such that I got carers allowance...I would have swapped my daughters medical condition and entitlement to benefit's tomorrow for a "normal" family life and paid employment.And even with the careers allowance it impacted on other benefit entitlement's, so a big portion of the £58.45 a week was given in one hand and taken by another....which is often the case with lot's of benefit's. But yes I considered myself lucky because I was aware how very difficult it is to get disability benefit's and very many people with a disability or genuine illness don't get the recognition for the help they deserve and need.

But if you read my post you will see that from this week both my daughter's disability living allowance and thus as a result my carers allowance have not been awarded when my daughters renewal claim was assessed. I have no doubt this as happened as a result of the major clamping down on disability benefit's as part of this government's pledge to reduce the number of recipients. I am most definitely going to appeal as I have enough evidence and ground's...but I have been advised this will probably take month's ...as if we as a family don't have enough to deal with!

If your son as AS and it effects his day to day living and he has additional care need's, I would advice you to make a claim for Disability Living Allowance for him...may sound a bit strange I advice you to do so after making a song and dance about how hard it is to be awarded...but unless people push and appeal, this government is allowed to screw people over while politician's are allowed to claim ludicrous expenses and second home's.

No need to apologise to me personally....I picked up on something you said and took it upon myself to crusade against it with my own personal experience...I know that anything you said wasn't aimed toward's me in anyway...there really are no bad feeling's I can assure you

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Personally, I with-hold judgement on this until it happens. Which it won't. These laws are put into place, and then loopholes are made to get round them, it seems. It doesn't matter if they 'crack down' on it, it doesn't change anything. There is still a massive influx.
People complain about places being too expensive to live in privately, but you have whole areas, particularly where I live, where whole towns are now ghettoised. What used to be a thriving coastal town is now boarded up shops, 'urbanwear' retailers with loud foreign music pumping from them, shops selling traditional ethnic foods. These are FINE. Multiculturalism is GOOD. What's not good is that people who were born and raised here don't feel welcome in the streets they grew up on.
All this law means is that while newcomers can't get housing, the people who are already established migrants, are housing their entire extended families.
Entire stretches of town have been developed into flats, some housing not only one family, but also their parents, in-laws, aunts, uncles and cousins. In one small flat. The damage accrued is substantial. Therefore landlords are increasing their rents and requiring no DSS for private rentals.

I HATE pointing this out, because regardless how I sound, I am NOT racist, I don't dislike people of other race. I dislike individuals based on their behaviour, but not a race as a whole.
Then there is the crime. Crime in my area has shot up, committed by migrants, shoplifting, rapes, mugging, battery, vandalism. Prostitution is at such an all time high, migrant women are offering oral sex for as little as £2.50. All of these people who have committed these crimes have been from the same streets. Its concentrated in the areas of high migrant population.
Entire houses in a street I used to live on are turned into brothels. Three houses in my old street were brothels.

They can stop people from claiming for housing, but they're not stopping them coming in, and they're not stopping them from committing crimes, or making streets any safer.
By all means, operate a migration system that works, such as the one New Zealand has, but don't let them flock here when they can't provide for themselves, or provide us with necessary skills lacking in our industries.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thought you guys would love this!

NHS boob job girl thanks taxpayers in first topless shoot

Talking about wasting tax!
edit on 28-3-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

What make's this worse is that she want's to get into glamour modelling which she would have struggled to do with her previously very small breast's. I was just thinking yesterday...if she does get modelling work as a result of the boob job paid by tax-payers, will she have to pay it back out of her paid wage's like student's have to do with student loans when they start to benefit from wage's?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Likely she will have to register as being self employed and pay tax anyway, which I guess is her way of reimbursing the Govt.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Well former student's who gain employment still have to pay taxes...but they still have to pay back student loan's as well.
You can't really draw too many parallels between the two situation's I know....It was just a thought that struck me.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

It doesn't really work as an analogy I think. I mean, you wouldn't force someone to pay back the cost of a hand operation because it opened up a career as a truck driver.

Typical Sun as well, paying for her to get her kit off and then implicitly trashing her for doing so.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

It could be worse, It could be an immigrant thanking the public for his penis enhancement op, on the set of his first porn shoot.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

haha

going back to what some of you other said... I didn't really think about the fact she will indirectly be paying this back through her usual tax. I suppose you got someone who was previously on benefits now working? Assuming she wasn't working before. I guess if you think about it your potentially saving money that would of gone out on benefits?

As for students, that gets taken from our wages when your earning above a specific threshold. You pay more back faster if you earn more.
edit on 28-3-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdk84
reply to post by IvanAstikov

haha

going back to what some of you other said... I didn't really think about the fact she will indirectly be paying this back through her usual tax. I suppose you got someone who was previously on benefits now working? Assuming she wasn't working before. I guess if you think about it your potentially saving money that would of gone out on benefits?

I suppose if she was genuinely depressed and didn't function that well then a taxpayer-funded op might workout as rather good value for money, not to mention being the compassionate choice.

As I say, it seems a bit hypocritical to fund her modelling career and then invite criticism for her having, er, a modelling career. But that's the Sun for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join