It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK migration crackdown: ‘No social housing for newcomers’

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They have a policy of 15 thousand or more savings and no benefits. But it doesnt make sense..

So techically for some its like why save, why get a morgage? This means they will never be supported by the system if they do. Think about it.

They should say 100 thousand or more, if you ask me.
Then those that have worked hard for years, saved and paid their taxes can still recieve help to say find another job, or if they are unwell or if they are perhaps needing housing.

But 15 thousand or more isnt much and it will go fast.

So what ends up happening is they live on that 15 thousand and within 2yrs they are broke and back on benefits.

Duh

edit on 27-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

I don't understand why our gov is permitting hundreds of thousands of immigrants to come here with no money, no job to go to, and no home, (no reason given)

Do you REALLY not understand? Good God man, here in the States, there are certain political parties that make their careers on this stuff,

They don't care about the immigration of engineers and doctors and scientists. What they care about is bringing in people who will get on the "system". By system I mean social welfare. They pop out a kid and ta-dah! US citizen.

They don't want to see anyone get off of it either, I don't know how it is in the UK, but there are certain parties here that make their bank constantly looking for someone else to get on the dole.

"Oh, you poor thing, here's some money! And here is a house! Vote for me next time at the polls."

They don't give a #.about the poor. They have realized that it can keep them in power for ever.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Do you REALLY not understand? Good God man, here in the States, there are certain political parties that make their careers on this stuff,

They don't care about the immigration of engineers and doctors and scientists. What they care about is bringing in people who will get on the "system". By system I mean social welfare. They pop out a kid and ta-dah! US citizen.

They don't want to see anyone get off of it either, I don't know how it is in the UK, but there are certain parties here that make their bank constantly looking for someone else to get on the dole.

"Oh, you poor thing, here's some money! And here is a house! Vote for me next time at the polls."

They don't give a #.about the poor. They have realized that it can keep them in power for ever.

Only British citizens have a vote in a general election.

EU citizens have a right to vote in our local authority elections tho.
www.electoralcommission.org.uk...
So gov isn't permitting unskilled, homeless and destitute foreigners here for their votes.
edit on 27-3-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

15grand - I don't think there's many people at all that I know who are in council accomodation with much more than 15 quid in the bank let alone 15grand.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
You know there is a real issue with immigration when ALL of the main three political parties including Labour come out and say something must be done. Something should've been done decades ago!

Unlike perhaps many here, I actually work in front line duty in London. I'm not going to go in to details of my job, but let's just say every single day I am in out of properties like no tomorrow. I'll be honest with everyone here, in London, there is no way its one in ten, its more like nine in ten. I know for a fact that Poplar Borough Council actively promote immigrant families to the top of the housing list. I know someone who works in Newham Council who has informed me the same and the last I heard, which wasn't too long ago from people working within these councils, Lewisham, Greenwich, Brent, Hackney, Lambeth, Southwark and Tower Hamlets, they all actively promoted immigrant families to the top of list. Newham Council had a deal with towns and cities around the country that due to the amount of applicants they were receiving, they could palm them off to such places as Stoke and Ipswich. However, the amount of British, White British families, in these boroughs that are in cramped conditions, living out of box rooms, while others get brand new kitted out houses/luxury apartments is disgusting and blatant discrimination that has actually been hidden from general public for what I feel is far too long.

This is what people don't seem to be able to grasp, we are at breaking point. School class places are becoming less and less with classes becoming bigger and bigger, yet my wife has worked in schools all over London and stated that the amount of students where English is a second or even third language is massive. The quality of education in these schools is appalling and the behaviour of the kids is in the gutter. All our public services are at breaking point, I've not been in to a hospital A&E at any point and seen anything other than a packed room of foreigners, not one was speaking English, crime in London is sky high, it really is and the cost of to look after all these people, house them, benefits and that's not without NHS cost and other factors such as using Interpretors all over every public service, its absurd. Now I can't remember the last time I was in an English family's household and I go all over London. I even went in to an Indian run business recently where the owner was moaning to me about why is this country still allowing people in to it when the place is packed, that was an Indian gentleman sounding off about it.

I think unless you actually do a similar job to what I do (I wouldn't wish anyone to do the same), then you don't realise the effects of this uncontrolled immigration policy as put in place by the last shower of sh*t. Its destroying the country, truly it is, its changing the face of Britain forever, but not in a good way, in a generic mishmash devoid of any form of identity, resembling what can only be described as a UN refugee camp way. So the fact that immigrants are being restricted on housing is absolutely right and should've been the case from the start, but thanks to Labour and Labour run councils, it wasn't and our own were actively discriminated against.

We do have an issue with the formation of a benefit class and people on here can defend these people all they want, seriously, I know a lot of single guys who are broke on benefits, but unemployed families, no way, unemployed single parents, no way. I've seen it with my own eyes and personally know plenty of people coining it from benefits. I don't blame them at all, when you got foreigners coming over here realising that they can earn a fortune just from breeding, then you can't blame our own and that's exactly what Labour wanted, bribe our own to stay at home which gives an excuse to open the flood gates to immigration. These people now feel that all benefits are a right and they have no motivation to go out and earn and to be honest, I don't even think there are jobs out there that could earn them the same amount that they are coining in benefits.

I don't blame immigrants nor do I blame those of our own who don't want to work, they are products of corrupt and greedy governments. However, its a situation that needs an urgent resolution, much like the NHS issue, before it bankrupts the country in every possible way and causes severe unrest. This is a good step, but there are many more steps to go and I want to see this in action first!

edit on 27-3-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)
i feel this excellent post needs repeating. The whole country is one massive stafford hospital. We all know its happening,everywhere,schools,army etc etc tax payers paying more for less in return.
In the recent census nearly 50percent of residents of london was not born here. Once london

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Yes it is true its nicknamed the "Bedroom Tax"

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
More hot air by the Government..Most, if not all immigrants go for private lets. the waiting list for decent social housing up here can be 5-7 years....More useless wind and P1$$ from caMORON..

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Continued, has gone predominatly none english then the rest of the country will follow.
Corruption corruption.
My cousins school turned to an academy ,which was supposed to give more money to the school along with the pupil premium ,600 quid per child on school meals, however the children dont see any benefit. No trips or anything. Jusr like stafford hospital the patients/pupils suffer because of corrupt management. We all know the higher up you are the more corrupt you are. Supply teachers 2 or 3 times a day is wrong. They are treated as prisoners,i wouldnt go at all.
All these problems coincided with the influx of immigrants.
As for the royal family may be its time to order the arrest of all politicians,civil servants etc etc. Come on lizzy save your country and your people now.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Some folk in council housing may rent out their spare room hence the bedroom tax, thats my thinking .

It isnt a bad idea either. But it just goes to show, the old days are gone.

There is no longer all the houses, with gardens and garages readily available to any budding new families.

Stop moaning, there have been disabled people who rightly so need that extra room for their needs or what ever and some have successfully won the right to not have to pay a bedroom tax.

£14 a week is alot though, I mean its alot for people who say have for years been just happy with their extra bedroom to suddenly have to pay - its abit cruel.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
More hot air by the Government..Most, if not all immigrants go for private lets. the waiting list for decent social housing up here can be 5-7 years....More useless wind and P1$$ from caMORON..
yes, usually a member of their own families let,they then claim housing benefit and the tax payer pays for an immigrants family mortgage. It goes on and on. Pregnant women come here to have babies,get british citizenship, and if they have a girl it is then wisked home to be married off at 10 years old , just to get the husband british citizenship. How neat.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
But of the 2 million net migrants to the UK from the eight eastern European countries that joined the EU in 2004, just 13,000 people have claimed jobseeker's allowance (JSA). This figure was not disputed by No 10.

Wow.. look how few look for jobs. Article herewww.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I am befuddled at this extra bedroom tax. In the US there is no such thing. I cannot believe people need to pay just for having an empty room!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cheebie23

No, they never had to before. But its land. See you have to understand the UK population is expanding and yet there are no more houses/flats etc. So they are trying to find ways to stop people from having this extra lets say " space". If people keep breeding here like they do which is quite alot in 100yrs time we will be living like they do in China/Japan in tiny apartments.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What about housing benefit,child benefit,disability and so on...and if an eastern european marries a non european then that none european can come to the uk anyway. I think the lithuanians charge about 500 quid. God knows how cheap the romanians will be.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
By 2030 or something they reckon the British population will increase by another 10 million.

70% of this is due to mass immigration. So all this lovely countryside in the UK will be taken up to create say another 50 towns for these types... and thats the fact people.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Well. yeah men go to thailand specifically to get a wife. They are just stupid there are plenty in the UK. Of women that is.

I think these thai women tend to come in and not to learn much english etc.. Its a difficult one because people do fall inlove with random people from other countries.

But they should perhaps address this issue too. I dont think thai women or russian etc are adding to our population massively though. I see very few of them to be honest.

I do think that people should be encouraged to find a partner more locally. .. everyone needs to look abit closer to home to find love. And not be so desperate.

Because the mass immigrants who are now in the country will have children anyway, maybe some of mixed ethnicity, so if anyone wants some exotic its on ya doorstep .

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

More like 125percent due to mass immigration. White british are not and has not for a long time been having enough children to replace themselves, 1.67 per couple last time i heard. So our population should be going down not up.
And why will it take 25years to clear the backlog of asylum claims? We could do it in a year easily ,

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thai? Nah not thai or russian, your wrong

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Do you realise there has to be 50 more towns built in the next 20yrs to cover the population growth?

But they wont build towns they will just cover every plot of greenery they can with a flat or a house. Blocks of the buggers lol....

Cameron did well to stamp this out now.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Ah okay I read back you said a non european as in an immigrant marrying a non brit. Ah,I get you.

yeah what about it?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join