It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO. Gov.John Hickenlooper Admits Being Friends With Father of Evan Ebel, Suspected Killer of Tom Cle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Something's up here-

A Colorado parolee who was killed in a gunfight with authorities in Texas this week is officially considered a suspect in the death of Colorado’s prisons chief, a spokesman for the El Paso County Sheriff's Office said Saturday. Tom Clements, who had served as head of Colorado's prison system for two years, was shot to death Tuesday when he answered the door of his home near Colorado Springs. The suspect, Evan Spencer Ebel, 28, was shot two days later by law enforcement following a high-speed chase that ended about 60 miles west of Dallas.

www.latimes.com...

A news crew drills CO Gov. John Hickenlooper about his connection to the killer-

Hickenlooper calls Ebel's father 'old friend'

In a twist, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper said Friday that he knew Ebel's father and had known of his son's troubles. "I met Jack Ebel some 30 years ago when working for an oil company soon after moving to Colorado. Jack is one of the most kind and generous people I know. His son had a bad streak that I know he tried desperately to correct," Hickenlooper said in the statement.

The Governor added that "the events of the past few days have been devastating for all involved. I am in shock and disbelief about how everything seems connected in this case. It makes no sense."

Does it make no sense or doesn't it?

It just so happens Hickenlooper just signed a controversial CO gun bill into law...

Tom Clements gets shot the day before Hickenlooper is set to sign the gun control bill.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

Ebel's father contributed to the Governor's campaign as well...

Did Ebel have an old score to settle?

Is there another motivation?

But not all of Clements' changes have been popular among the rank-and-file. Two prisons closed under Clements' watch, and he would soon have been involved in deciding which other prisons to close in response to a dwindling prison population. "We know of his position and realize that it is a possible motive for a crime such as this," Kramer said.

That's not what the rank and file want....closing prisons decreases the police state, and decreases state profits!

www.denverpost.com...

Governor Hickenlooper brought up Evan Ebel (although not by name) during his first press conference after learning of the death of Tom Clements, the Director of the Department of Corrections....

Hmmmmmm.

Was Hickenlooper threatened by the Head of Corrections not to sign the bill?

They also tried to blame the killing on CIA op Islamic terrorist "Al Turki" who they (controversially) won't deport, until the Texas shootout, of course.

Anybody remember the BS story about James Holmes being a Muslim?

The population of Colorado is 5,187,582 , what are the chances the Gov. knew this guy's dad?

These things make one wonder...

edit on 24-3-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So ATS, I ask again - what are the chances?

There is no such thing as "coincidence".

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The Gov of Colorado ; Hickenlooper's behavior during the interview is interesting ....

to say the least.

He seems nervous more than anything.

Strange times we are living in.

Twilight zone for sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
So ATS, I ask again - what are the chances?

There is no such thing as "coincidence".
I agree totally.

There is NO such thing as a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
not to be a wet blanket, but there are coincidences in this world. They are not frequent, and this story may not be one....but there are coincidences.

Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I would never accuse you of being a wet blanket.....but, the chances the Gov. knew this guy's Dad, well, they are staggering.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I would never accuse you of being a wet blanket.....but, the chances the Gov. knew this guy's Dad, well, they are staggering.

well....let me tell you, my blanket is the driest blanket you ever saw!

It is quite the coincidence, honestly. And it may not be a coincidence at all.

I don't really believe in coincidences, per se. There is something behind stuff that keeps "like" near "like". How far THIS coincidence goes, however, i am not willing to weigh in on.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is starting to hit MSM -

www.cbsnews.com...

top topics

join