It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When A World Leader Goes Insane: What Happens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have been thinking about North Korea in particular and am considering the probability that someone in the elite leadership is insane, which is rather worrying given they have their hands on the nuclear button now.

It got me thinking. What if a global leader went insane and had the keys to nuclear weapons? Surely that would be of global concern? What if an American or Russian leader lost the plot whilst in office and with the vast stockpiles both sides have, that would be alarming to say the least.

Is there a protocal in place ie at the UN in which the security council can meet and authorise the deployment of a UN Force to take charge of a country to remove the insane leader or something? One in which normal party/national politics are cast aside for the sake of a medical emergency. And it would be purely medical reasons and not political.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
if a leader goes crazy, we go to war with that COUNTRY.. Do we not

kill them all and let god sort them out

Ex: binladen...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Have you ever seen Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove? It addresses this premise in the form of a black comedy. It's a classic.

As the movie states at the opening title, there are fail-safes in place to prevent one rogue leader from destroying the world.

But there are instances in history (like Hitler or Caligula) where an insane leader generally goes unchallenged. It's a very real and scary possibility.

edit on 24-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
there has to be 2 sides to every coin, world leaders are on 1 side and we the people are on the other when a world leader goes 'insane' its because the rest of the world leaders agree its time for another war to cull we the people . ever wondered why hitler disappeared its because he was '1 of them' and they retired him to a paradise island somewhere off the radar the rulers of this planet not the politicians the actual rulers are all best friends and they rule with iron fists pitting nation against nation to murder millions of us at a time to maintain the strangle hold they have had over mankind ever since society was formed true democracy is a #ing lie and deep down you know it

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. Obviously, N.Koreas leaders are insane, however, I think they are being backed up by China, and think they have more going for them then they actually do. They have declared war on us, why are we not reacting at all? I know that we do things usually in our own time and choosing, however if they do manage to get a missle off and it does manage to actually get to it;s target, it will be a game changer for the military and the politicians precisely because they did nothing. Not to mention the damage and death.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
What happens? Have you been watching the clowns we have for leaders? Most of them are bi polar at the very least and I would bet several could be diagnosed clinically insane.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think the best thing to do is send in a black op's team and take him out

No point in killing the poor wretches at the bottom of the food chain that hardly have enough to eat.

Take out the top elitist power hungry mad men

And give the population a chance.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if the gov't in the UK were taken out instead of me and mine being nuked

Cody

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Lol, don't worry about N.Korea, that is all propaganda.
Don't worry about crazy leaders either.
The last several potus have been verifiable and we are still here.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Same thing that happened to Rome when Caligula was emperor except the fire will be comprised of atomics this time!
edit on 24-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I find it funny how everyday there's reports that NK will bomb the US & the like but the US is currently contacting war games with them.

Could it be that he is playing the game (war game) & the media is misreporting it?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Most world leaders are insane, power hungry, control freaks

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

When A World Leader Goes Insane: What Happens?

Well .. I think George W. Bush (Bush43) looks to have had a mental health breakdown mid way through his second term. It is my opinion that Cheney took control and had Bush43 medicated. "THEY" kept up a front of 'all's normal' by keeping a medicated Bush43 looking like he was running everything .. but behind the scenes Cheney was running things. That's all my speculation but it makes sense.

I guess it depends on which world leader has mental health issues and what part of the world they are in.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Let me give you a short story of a boy, a boy growing up seeing his father do what the world and himself considers wrong. He gets an education in California, lives the life of an average North Korean son of a dictator american, then goes back to North Korea full of renewed ideals of freedom.

Then his father tells him, we are still at war with the West, we will be the first country to either historically win a war against them or they'll have to pay us or decades of reparations. The boy takes this old but new information then decides to take the mantle of his father and proceed with the nuclear program intending to sell for profit.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

What makes you think they aren't insane? I would say there are a lot of sociopaths at the top.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

That would, of course, depend if the leader was actually in control of what was going on. Sometimes, all that is needed is a face that is electable, and the strings are being controlled else where. "All the kings men" don't have to worry about putting humpy back together again, if he really had no power to begin with.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

I concur!
If you want 'true' insanity, look for the man behind the curtain!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What happens when a country goes insane: Israel and their " Samson Option"

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
War sometimes world war , might be a nuke war or bio or Chem war , mass starvation, Country's, that was once thought top be a enemy will be come a friend to keep the insane one check, nwww.koreaherald.com... China is backing away from Kim Jong Un and the DPRK, but in a tactful way

The Korea Herald > National > North Korea
China punishes N. Korea as U.S. asks for more

Published : 2013-03-24 20:42
Updated : 2013-03-24 20:44
BEIJING (AP) ― China is trying to punish ally North Korea for its nuclear and missile tests, stepping up inspections of North Korean-bound cargo in a calibrated effort to send a message of Chinese pique without further provoking a testy Pyongyang government.
next comes the down fall of the insane one but by those that are more insane

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I would have to agree with a few people who beat me to it in this thread. What happens when a world leader goes insane? Well, in America anyway, we re-elect them!

Clinton, although perhaps not "dangerous" to the world, was certainly a narcissist and was often thinking with the "wrong brain".

"W" - I'm not sure what his condition was called, but I bet it was hard to pronounce! Among other things he seemed to be almost myopic in his quest to go and finish daddy's Mid-East war more thoroughly.

Obama - his narcissism is so severe that I'm sure he believes he is God-like and us simple little humans are just not smart enough to be left to decide things for ourselves. He believes that all of "W"'s wars were just awful...because the wars needed the benefit of his guidance of course.

We just seem to go all in for one president until, when that president is ultimately realized to be an insane idiot, we vote to the extreme on the far other end of the spectrum. Just watch, the next election we will elect another far-right president, then back to far left, and so on...

We the people are just as guilty for allowing it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace
What happens when a country goes insane: Israel and their " Samson Option"

LOL

That is one insane country even compare to USA.

How much more insane they will be when Samson got his haircut.
The rest of the ME will get shampooed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join