It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When A World Leader Goes Insane: What Happens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Is there a protocal in place ie at the UN in which the security council can meet and authorise the deployment of a UN Force to take charge of a country to remove the insane leader or something?

Yep...too young to remember the Gulf War?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I can't really comment on all countries. But traditionally here in the US we elect them to a second term.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
G,day mate. to quote an old song.
oh the good die young but its always for a cause
every war is the war to end all wars
oh the good die young does it matter if they fall
had they died if they'ed never lived at all
song the ballad of the virgin soldiers from around 1966 or there abouts. that how i remember the wording. could be a bit off but you get the drift
BUT. when pollies go mad/insane and act like polly when she has lost here cracker/sao biscuit
YOUNG MEN DIE
OLD WOMEN WEEP

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

When you have another country starving your people, draining your economy of supplies, food, and the necessary needs to keep a country stable, I wouldn’t call it going insane, I would call it reality, and that’s something that evil people just don’t understand, the reality of a situation when a country is bullied, but, I guess evil racist people don’t see that.

The only thing that people in the USA care about, is going to McDonalds, going to Wal-Mart and living the American dream, while other countries have to be bombed ,bullied, and massacred for oil, diamonds and other resources that the west needs to make there country happy.

North Korea and Iran, have every right to produce nuclear weapons when it comes to the protection and stability of there country when it comes to the west, because the west is the only country in the history of this earth that is insane enough to drop not one, but 2 nukes on a country.

Protecting your country from the axis of evil such as the ‘INSANE USA’ who love killing people at will, Israel, Britain and the others ,is not insane, its reality, something that western society lacks…Reality.

TextWhen A World Leader Goes Insane

Are you serious!
i wonder do they sell reality at walmart puz:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

But there are instances in history (like Hitler or Caligula) where an insane leader generally goes unchallenged. It's a very real and scary possibility.
edit on 24-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)
Yes, it seems like it would depend solely upon how good the person is at manipulation of the masses and those surrounding them. Some of the most psychotic people I have met are, unfortunately, incredibly skilled at manipulation.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJewish

I define insane as...building a nuclear program that is costly and unnecessary, while your people are starving, because you want to extort money to continue living the high life and wining and dining celebrities.....

The world's two major superpowers want NK just as it is. It has ZERO reason for a nuclear program, other than extortion.

Yeah, in a fair world, every nation would get to decide how to best defend themselves...but guess what? The world isn't fair...never has been, never will be. You want to upset the apple cart? You get some squashed apples. His dad played the game pretty well, knew just how far to go.... Lil' Kim is still learning, but dangerously close to going over the line...and way too soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I define insane as...building a nuclear program that is costly and unnecessary, while your people are starving, because you want to extort money to continue living the high life and wining and dining celebrities.....

The world's two major superpowers want NK just as it is. It has ZERO reason for a nuclear program, other than extortion.

Yeah, in a fair world, every nation would get to decide how to best defend themselves...but guess what? The world isn't fair...never has been, never will be. You want to upset the apple cart? You get some squashed apples. His dad played the game pretty well, knew just how far to go.... Lil' Kim is still learning, but dangerously close to going over the line...and way too soon.

It has ZERO reason for a nuclear program, other than extortion.

'Just like the west has ZERO reasons to have 50,000 nukes around the world' not understanding!

Extortion comes in many forms, and the only reason why a super power is called a super power, is because of nukes. ‘’So whose extorting who around the world to continue living the high life and wining and dining celebrities?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No doubt, there's extortion here on both sides... He wants sanctions lifted, we won't his nukes gone...all of politics is extortion.. At this point, it's all about who blinks.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
They get a pay rise or promoted to a more senior position or both .

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

No doubt, there's extortion here on both sides... He wants sanctions lifted, we won't his nukes gone...all of politics is extortion.. At this point, it's all about who blinks.

I hope nobody blinks..i hope.
Thanks for the healthy debate.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

They are ALL insane! Where the hell have you been?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It hasn't occured to any of you that this is a marketing stunt for North Korea's nuclear program?

The same reason why they used to let inspectors visit when they were starting off, they had to get the news out to the entire world.

Every step of their progress is outlined each time an attack or a test is done "defiantly" and garners media attention.

These nukes are just going to end up on some underground auction.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join