It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Star Trek Parody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A nice training video from a few years back from the IRS using Star Trek as a platform.

Really? I'm setting my phaser to kill!

It's kind of a good look into the inner workings of our,the great USA's government.

Would like to hear your opinion on this video.

Peace,
K
edit on 23-3-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There is one comment about totally anarchy at 11:11 hours.
What exactly is the message here?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

What exactly is the message here?

The message seems to be that the taxpayer's hard earned tax money can be used for anything the government pleases...frivolent or not! It really gets under my skin that the same agency that will hunt you down to collect the "government's" money has used that money for this nonsense. I believe I heard it cost upwards of $50,000 to produce that little ditty.

J

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

So they steal peoples money to make stupid videos like this for training

lmaoo

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I want a refund.Can I do that?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
THE GUY THAT POSTED THIS ARTICLE HAS NOT MADE HIS STORY CLEAR TO US, BUT I THINK THAT HE WANT TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE UNITED STATE GOVERNMENT:---- - FOR NOW;THEGOVERNMENT IS DOING WELL WITH THE PEOPLE ON TAX ISSUES AND ON EVERY OTHER THING PERTAINING TO THE WELL BEING OF ALL:, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT, THIS PERSON IS JUST A DREAMER:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
amazing... your tax dollars at work... roddenberry has to be spinning in his grave after that travesty ... hope they get sued for plagiarism and copywrite violations ...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephenca
THE GUY THAT POSTED THIS ARTICLE HAS NOT MADE HIS STORY CLEAR TO US, BUT I THINK THAT HE WANT TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE UNITED STATE GOVERNMENT:---- - FOR NOW;THEGOVERNMENT IS DOING WELL WITH THE PEOPLE ON TAX ISSUES AND ON EVERY OTHER THING PERTAINING TO THE WELL BEING OF ALL:, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT, THIS PERSON IS JUST A DREAMER:

Uhm,nothing wrong with the government?
You are kidding,right?

And this video was produced by the government,the tax collecting part of it,the IRS.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
amazing... your tax dollars at work... roddenberry has to be spinning in his grave after that travesty ... hope they get sued for plagiarism and copywrite violations ...

Spinning, yes, very likely.

Copyright lawsuit, not so much. This would fall under the parody exemption of Copyright Law....so it is perfectly legal.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephenca

think its cut-off time for you .. youve drank way too much of uncle scams kool-aid to think there is nothing wrong with the u.s government ...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

Originally posted by Expat888

Spinning, yes, very likely.

Copyright lawsuit, not so much. This would fall under the parody exemption of Copyright Law....so it is perfectly legal.
ahh .. should have figured theyd have a loophole to avoid being sued ...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Oh the irony of taking an imagined future era where money has no value and everything except the naughty sexy times has all been but eradicated, and put in stead of the relatively enlightened and curious people in the galactic federation, a people bent on chasing down the little guy for revenue owed.

It reminds me more of red dwarf than star trek. lol

On comment on the channel summed it up for me. I had to stop watching it as it sucked the enjoyment out of me.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stephenca

your caps lock is Broken, seriously all caps?

new topics

top topics

join