It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Klled more then 1,600 dogs and cats at its headquarters...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
only the bravest surgeons take on the truly complicated cases, the ones other surgeons won't do, and their outcomes statistics are very low. it would be foolish to judge a surgeon on that statistic

get it ?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
we do have too many stray dogs and cats running around though

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
we almost should euthanize some of them

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i didn't know PETA had anything to do with that process though

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
someone's gotta do it

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by trolley

People too, way too much of them for sure.

What, going on 7 billion now?

Kill'em all, 7 billion served!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
but i can see how it'd look bad if they were the ones doing it

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
reply to post by trolley

People too, way too much of them for sure.

What, going on 7 billion now?

Kill'em all, 7 billion served!

it's an epidemic

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
then again i thought PETA was in charge of this kind of stuff?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
might as well lump the animal rights activists together with the ones that have to kill them. Balanced corporation

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
efficiency is huge nowadays

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
it'd cut out a lot of other stuff too

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

It's bad for good pet owners, good for bad pet owners, though.

I always adopt from SPCA and all they ever wanted was a form filled out, to know whether you've had pets before, permission from the landlord and the fee.

I think home checks are a great idea in thought for people with dogs, as a neighbour to a yard that is really a dog toilet, not to mention horders of cats. Interviews from neighbours, "Yes, he has 3 dogs already that never get walked or shut up when people walk by."

Hell, think about all the child abuse that could be solved this way too. However, that is a perfect world and to retain our privacy, we must accept the consequences that their are chances things won't go well.

It's a tough call when you're right to privacy is threatened vs the well being of an animal.
Case in point, the story of the family who would get a new puppy every year, only to have it euthanized before they went on vacation because kenneling fees were too high.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Did you see my reply on the second page of the thread I linked to?

Like I said, I dont doubt the euthanasia figures completely, just question the reasoning behind PETA being targeted.

They aren't the only ones to have a high euthanasia rate...

Take for example Tazewell County Animal Control and Pound Facility, out of 2543 animals taken in, 1938 were euthanized.

Link:
www.virginia.gov...

Anyway, take a look at this Center for Consumer Freedoms if you get the chance, I've only had a fleeting look myself and am a bit limited being on my phone at the moment, but I think it's worth digging in to see what their agenda is and who finances them (tobacco companies, Monsato to name a few).

I could be wrong but my gut says I'm not.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I've always thought that PETA is great at publicity stunts and not so great at actually getting things done. Now I no longer hold that opinion. I think PUTA (People for the Unethical Treatment of Animals) is great at publicity stunts, and even better at accomplishing goals that are the opposite of their original intentions.

reply to post by Chadwickus

You wouldn't jump off a bridge, even if everyone else did. Besides, PETA is the one being 'radical' when they aren't actually doing anything constructive.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

Well I'm sorry to say, but you've been sucked in by the propaganda.

Yes PETA run animal shelters euthanise animals, but so does every other shelter. To single them out is ignorant.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is why we as a family NEVER give money to any charity since you do not know what they are doing in YOUR name.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The difference between PETA and the other shelters is that PETA is the one going naked to protest fur and spending large amounts on animal rights adverts. They claim to have a principle on which to stand, but that principle is quite wobbly, probably near the verge of collapse.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

I agree and I think some of their methods are deplorable.

As I said in the other thread, I'm not down with vilification.
edit on 23/3/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Of course PETA is going to euthanise animals they cannot care for every single stray/unwanted/abandoned animal. It is a sad day when thousands of animals have to die because they had no home in which to belong - blaming PETA is just misplaced anger - the real problem is uncaring humans who dump animals and who take on the responsibility of an animal without having them neutered. 
reply to post by Amanda5

Well of course they are!

At the same time they want to outlaw mouse traps.
They seem to have enough money to run expensive ad campaigns against fur.

They tell us that we shouldn't kill a cockroach, but can't spend the pittance that it takes to care for a dog or cat thatis under their 'care'?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join