It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Klled more then 1,600 dogs and cats at its headquarters...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Animal rights charity PETA killed almost 90 per cent of dogs and cats placed in the care of the shelter at its Virginia headquarters last year, it has been revealed today.

The charity, well-known for attention grabbing publicity campaigns such as the 'I'd rather go naked' anti-fur campaign, euthanized 1,647 cats and dogs last year and only placed 19 in new homes according to the data submitted to the Virginia Department for Agriculture and Consumer Services.

PETA told Mail Online that the animals they take in at the center are 'unadoptable', however 89.4 per cent of pets is much higher than their own approximation that half of animals taken to shelters end up being euthanized.

Well , PETA sucks. They only placed 19 in new homes? Thats a joke. This company should be thrown into the bowels of hell with Satan. I care more about animals then i do humans. I have a pitbull and i love him to death. I would go nuts if anyone tried to lay a finger on him. Here is a quote from dailymail that puts it into perspective.

'Anything else is a speciesist double standard. As soon as I hear of a campaign to kill homeless people because it's 'more humane' then I might consider it an acceptable option for homeless animals too,' said one post.

That about says it all.

DOWN WITH PETA!

Dailymail

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Profit's before pet's.They are a business after all.All of these organisation's are the same.WWF, GreenPeace ,the whole lot.
I could tell you alot about these group's if I had the time.They are fraudulent money making machine's.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
More people need to adopt cats and dogs.
We did our part, we have 13 cats here. Neutering and spaying sounds like a bad thing to do, but animals being born to die because they have no home is worse.

Must have been a tough decision for them, and they made a choice.

Adopt a pet, another cat or a dog wouldn't be too bad. (no more cats for me though)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Yea its pretty gross.

When do we get sick of these assholes running everything and decide enough is enough?

Everyday i read articles that make me sick. I am tired of being tired i mean when do we start putting these sick greedy people in their place?

We are weak.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

This is old news.

And it's propaganda...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22/3/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Killing most shelter animals isn't something I see as cruel or inhumane. It's reality and unless people want to see animals we used to think of as fuzzy pets, over running the place as feral beasts ...population needs controlled.

What gets my goat about PETA is the fact they are hypocritical as all get out about it. They just won't SAY they do the realistic things....but they sure do, like everyone else. Physics and Math leave no other choice until people stop breeding animals like they're mass producing little toys and giving them away to each other with about as much thought or consideration for life spans and responsibility involved.

My two cents...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chad,

What is this?

Here..

And how do we know who to trust?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I believe the real problem here is ignorance. The animals are innocent victims to human ignorance. People choose to have pets and do not have them neutered and even dump the offspring - sometimes in woeful circumstances.

How do we solve the problem? Organisations like PETA step in and yes they are a money making business - just like every other business. They make money and they accept stray/unwanted/abandoned animals. Who else is going to take care of the animals?

Of course PETA is going to euthanise animals they cannot care for every single stray/unwanted/abandoned animal. It is a sad day when thousands of animals have to die because they had no home in which to belong - blaming PETA is just misplaced anger - the real problem is uncaring humans who dump animals and who take on the responsibility of an animal without having them neutered.

All my pets are rescues, dumped in circumstances I would rather not discuss. I pose this question - if PETA did not exist what would have become of all the animals they euthanised? What kind of life would they have had and what kind of death - slow painful starvation perhaps?

Society is messed up and we need to educate people - how we achieve that - I am not sure but being angry at PETA without discussing solutions is just a dead end.

Much Peace...to every stray/unwanted/abandoned animal...

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thats a good point wrabbit. They are still not excused for the hypocritical nature of their message. I still wont advocate the killing of any dogs or cats! I love them to much!

link   

I am an animal lover as well but maybe not as much as you since you like them better than humans.

I read you own a pitbull so I thought this story might hit home a little.

My sons friend brought his almost full grown pit over to the house without a leash on. My side gate was open because I was mowing the lawn when the dog came into the yard. Long story short the dog attacked my little 10 pound dog and my 12 year old son jumped in the middle. The pit was biting toward the dog barley missing my sons face when I jumped on the dog and put a rear naked choke on her. It took less than a second with full pressure once I got my grip to turn the big bad pit into a sobbing little puppy. I was really glad the dog stopped so quickly because my next move was going to be breaking the dogs neck with my bare hands.

Question... If I killed the dog was I in the right?

edit on 22-3-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

You have to protect yours. The pit at my house is a lover and couldnt hurt a fly. He is one of the nicest dogs ive ever owned out of all the ones weve had.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Dear Lord! You could have at least linked to your post or the original post you were talking about!
Link to original article discussed near the end of the linked thread here.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
We have 4 cats two dogs all neutered or spayed and a fruit squirrel from Nicaragua they all get along fine.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Im also waiting on a deeper explanation as to why the dailymail's sources are not credible.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Thats a good point wrabbit. They are still not excused for the hypocritical nature of their message. I still wont advocate the killing of any dogs or cats! I love them to much!

Oh, I hope I didn't come across too cold on this. I love my dogs. I'm just pragmatic. No kill has always rubbed me the wrong way because NO open shelter accepting from the public and animal control is no kill. None. They may be "We're no kill as we ship them elsewhere" ... but euthanasia by proxy doesn't change anything, does it? Or they cherry pick intakes and let the other shelters just take the likely kills to start with...

The solution is education and there really NEEDS to be a simple 'General Life' course or something in high school. No computers. No gizmos and no B.S. Things like basic animal care and not breeding them like they're mass producing toys or handing them out as gifts without the slightest thought to life spans and responsibility to the poor things.

While the numbers are running so wild tho? Sorry .. I re read my message and on some things, being simple and pragmatic can sound a lot worse than I mean for.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No i dont think you came across to cold at all, logic and reality is just harsh.

I would be more inclined to give them a fair shake and let nature take its course in the wild. That may be to optimistic though.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Have you actually ever tried to adopt an animal from these people?

I have never gone through PETA but I have adopted through SPCA once and the Humane Society once. They have a more invasive background check to get a dog than I had to get my CCW permit or a home loan.

Interviews with neighbors, interviews with your vet (if you have other pets) interviews with you, home visits, financial statements etc. No wonder they don't "home" (m)any.

I adopted through them about 10-15 years ago it was bad then; I tried again a couple years ago and it had gotten even more invasive. They added some BS about continued unannounced home visits (they actually called it an inspection) after the animal was adopted…

I told them flat out - I want to help out and adopt an unwanted pet not enter into a business partnership – dick off…

Sad really.

So, I just hit the local pound and a short questionnaire and $140.00 later ( $100.00 for spay and shots – the actual cost with a vet receipt and $40.00 “donation/adoption fee to keep the place in pet food) they are just happy to have found the dog a home. Me too – good dog.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I heard Alex Jones say and yeah whatever you think about him I know he's honorable that his wife was working with the top PETA administrators and that they would kill animals for fun because they are basically evil and get off on the suffering. I for one believe it because experience in life has taught me that the world is full of crazy contradictions.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i seriously doubt the validity of any of this

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Euthanized: 1687 animals

Did you read it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join