It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Ladens vow to bleed America to bankruptcy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is Bin Laden's true plan to bankrupt the United States? Is he already running his most devestating terror attack right now? Are we so busy waiting for "the Big Attack" to occur that we are missing what is happening right under our noses?

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Osama bin Laden vowed to bleed America to bankruptcy, according to a full transcript of unaired portions of a videotape released Monday by an Arab television station. The al-Qaida leader's remarks appeared targeted to the final days of the U.S. presidential campaign in which the struggling economy is a major issue.

Bin Laden boasted in his first appearance in more than a year that for every $1 al-Qaida has spent on terrorist strikes, it has cost the United States $1 million in economic fallout and military spending, including emergency funding for Iraq and Afghanistan.

"As for the size of the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers," bin Laden said, estimating the deficit at more than $1 trillion.

hosted.ap.org...

In reality, spending in the war against terror and other factors have resulted in an expected $377 billion shortfall for 2003 - the highest deficit since World War II accounting for inflation. The total U.S. national debt is near the $7.4 trillion statutory limit.

The surest way to bring down a super power is to take away the economic power base, its the way the world is run, no money=no power. Is Bin Laden much smarter than we give him credit for?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Funny that those parts were not aired by the mainstream media eh?

If Reagan supposedly did it to the �Evil Empire� (
) as so many believe why couldn't Bin Laden do it to the US?

Facts are facts and all is not well on the economic front.

Asymetric warfare is fought for effect rather than targets or territory.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well I guess you need to quit your worries, we are not in that bad of shape, the economy grows faster than Bin Smakin can hurt it. Now a mojor attack would cause so many problems in the whole world that it would not be in his interests to do that, this one does not worry me.

Check some of the info in this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Actually I read the topic title with Bin Ladens in the plural form rather than the possessive, as the author presented it.

Either would apply equally, and both with the full co-operation of the soon-to-be-defunct Bush administration.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oddly enough, this seems to be America's plan whether or not Bin Laden wishes to help.

In other words, with a government like ours, who needs terrorists to help us spend ourselves into poverty?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
In other words, with a government like ours, who needs terrorists to help us spend ourselves into poverty?

It almost seems more deliberate than that.

A Halloween peak-a-boo from Bin Laden is being totally ignored.

The mass media showed the bits they wanted and provided a reassuring clip from both candidates (what did they say again? does it matter?) then we were told by the pundits not to pay any attention to the tape because the boogey man was trying to influence our vote.

We were also told that there were no specific threats!

I guess the alphabet media overlooked the economy.

Who is trying to sway votes again?

Who do media work for?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Do you want to see the bomb clock? Easy click >>> U. S. National Debt Clock, have fun

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Its as if OBL knew we'd implode. The crude cost of the initial attack for OBL was less than $50k. I mean how expensive is some flight school for 8 people and 19 one way tickets?

I'm more curious about this...

"$7.4 trillion statutory limit"

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
CNN just a few minutes ago anounced hat OBL had indeed said that he
wanted to hit america in the pocket book (to make our financial base crumble)

just thought I would throw that out in the arena.

I wish I had the USA line of credit

geo

[edit on 11/1/2004 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Many on this board have pointed to piracy acts aboard major chemical and oil tankers as practice for an economy crumbling attack against a major port or strait. Keep oil prices climbing which inhibits US economic growth...make us hemmorhage cash fighting BS engagements in the Middle East for oil we already had access to (we just had to pay for it)...further inhibit trade by disrupting supply line access to and from American manufacturers...

Doesn't seem either implausible or difficult. What I don't get, however, is why he wouldn't want Bush in office if causing a US economic downfall is his goal. Jeez, Bush lashes out at countries like they've been poking him in the eye with a stick and he just can't take it anymore. Bin Laden just needs to poke the right way and he can get Bush to knee-jerk attack almost anywhere in the globe he wants.

I'm not an economic mastermind, but I don't see how the US could afford many more ongoing conflicts like Iraq without expanding it's economy significantly. We're already outsourcing tech-sector jobs which used to be our cutting edge stuff and no new cutting edge seems apparent. Nano-tech? Stem-cell based pharmaceuticals? RFID product tracking? I don't see a ton of promise here.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It seems to me a plausible plan, keep pulling out the bricks one by one and eventually the building will topple over, less dramatic than 9-11 but the same result with a much bigger overall impact! The US biggest weakness aside from ego is the idea that our economy is endless and that nothing can really hurt us. Take a good look at the money being spent on the military and terrorism, how many new ways can they tax us? Cities are already starting to fail, the economy is our weak spot, and of course a smart enemy goes for the biggest weakness.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't think Bin Laden can bankrupt America faster then America bankrupts itself. You can blame it on the government but your the one with the car you'll be paying for for six years and the house that won't be payed off for sixty years.

LL1

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
To finance a car is 3-4 years, and mortgage 30 yrs usually.
Something else is reason for the hemorrhage...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't think Bin Laden can bankrupt America faster then America bankrupts itself. You can blame it on the government but your the one with the car you'll be paying for for six years and the house that won't be payed off for sixty years.

This is where a huge part of the debt problem comes from! Anyone, even people who have gone through bankruptcy, car repo's, total loss of credit, can still get their hands on anything they want, the average American is well over $20.000 in debt, not counting mortgages! Think of all those little plastic cards in your wallet. Can you imagine if what would happen if the economy bottomed out? Total chaos, nothing less! Bin Laden can just play on these facts!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yep CNN now confirms.

www.cnn.com...

It's a very credible plan, it's how US won Soviet Union without firing a shot.
Made them spend all their money on defense.

Al-Jazeera didn't release it first, that's why it wasn't presented anywhere.
Perhaps they're on OBL side and wanted to wait until it was too late to influence American voters. Not that I'd think Bush voters are going to care anyway, after all gay marriage and such are the important issues for them.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Oddly enough, this seems to be America's plan whether or not Bin Laden wishes to help.

IMO this if far more likely than Bin Laden or any of his ilk actually outsmarting the US federal govt. Personally, I've seen and participated in discussions on this very topic several times in the last year or so. I've heard many theories that suggest possible reasons as to why "the powers that be" would want to bring economic collapse here in the US. Many of those theories are plausible yet none of them were very uplifting.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
OBl should give the US some credit in the Afghan war against the Soviets. We bankrolled the mujhadeen. We trained them. We armed them (with the help of a few allies, including Israel oddly enough).

Sadly, we put these people in place and they then turned on us. Many of the Mujhadeen that we trained wound up on our terror most wanted list.

Check out Charlie Wilson's War (by George Crile) for an excellent account of the largest covert operation the CIA has ever run.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
FYI to the readers of this thread.

There is a full transcript of the video on this ATSNN thread:

Al Jazeera Release Full Transcript of Bin Laden Tape

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
OBL's tape really makes me wonder... why has he not mentioned the continued efforts of AQ (that we already know of)... it is almost like he has no idea that there are kidnappings and insurgents claiming AQ membership...
I also think that this makes him look like a fairly smart person who is trying to use his unearned bad rap, to make a difference to palestine, whom he has no affiliation with anyway...
the points made by others, about his family and so forth, make sense...
why would he have such a thing about corrupt policies when he comes from a family that is known for supporting the very corrupt people he is mad at. something still doesn't seem right.
and why couldn't they show the whole transcript... doesn't our administration know that it will come out anyhow? I swear... it seems like bush is trying to make himself look untrustworthy sometimes...
to many "smells" to even talk about farenhiet 9-11 or else it just gets down right nauseating.
as to them bankrupting us... AQ has little to do with that... the futile attempt to fight wars on many fronts does that easily enough....
anti terrorism or a fight for oil? or either or both...
poor soldiers caught in the middle... whoever wins needs to back them with more benefits for their sacrifice.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
yeah since our national debt is abotu 3.7 trillion dollars ... ***that is what we are IN DEBT !!!! *** he wants to make us more in debt lol .. OK ....

Originally posted by jeeze louise
Is Bin Laden's true plan to bankrupt the United States? Is he already running his most devestating terror attack right now? Are we so busy waiting for "the Big Attack" to occur that we are missing what is happening right under our noses?

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Osama bin Laden vowed to bleed America to bankruptcy, according to a full transcript of unaired portions of a videotape released Monday by an Arab television station. The al-Qaida leader's remarks appeared targeted to the final days of the U.S. presidential campaign in which the struggling economy is a major issue.

Bin Laden boasted in his first appearance in more than a year that for every $1 al-Qaida has spent on terrorist strikes, it has cost the United States $1 million in economic fallout and military spending, including emergency funding for Iraq and Afghanistan.

"As for the size of the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers," bin Laden said, estimating the deficit at more than $1 trillion.

hosted.ap.org...

In reality, spending in the war against terror and other factors have resulted in an expected $377 billion shortfall for 2003 - the highest deficit since World War II accounting for inflation. The total U.S. national debt is near the $7.4 trillion statutory limit.

The surest way to bring down a super power is to take away the economic power base, its the way the world is run, no money=no power. Is Bin Laden much smarter than we give him credit for?

new topics

top topics

join