It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a war broke off in Asia, do you think the war-zone will stay out of Europe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The tensions are currently really high in Asia, although a lot of it is simply media hype.

I am currently living in the Baltics, which used to be part of the Soviets. Although originally I am from Scandinavia.

I just got quite a good offer from a Swedish company, although I already have my university and job here. Although due to the pressures that are in Asia, I am wondering should I consider moving away, just in case, or not? It would change plans, although overally I could also get transfered to their university and continue my studies and life there. Not too much would change.

The risk of staying here is that IF war broke off in Asia, the NATO will be concentrated in helping US out there. Whether or not Russia would take part, there would be an opportunity for them to expand, to get back some of their "old" areas (although these are completely different cultures from them) and I wonder, whether they might try something in Europe or not?

What do you think?

PS. I hope this is the right forum for such post. It is more personal, although there is also overall discussion on the matter possible

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No where will be safe is the true answer. Dont worry about it. Live your life, do your thing.If the worst happens, make an emergency plan that gets you back to your loved ones by the fastest means.
Namaste.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think we're ALL going to see and be a part of the next war, if it starts up. It won't matter where in the world it starts because it's the entire world that will be a some part of the fighting. Europe is on the brink of internal collapse or vicious and perhaps even violent infighting over the fiscal catastrophe looming. Asia is on the edge for all different reasons. Australia is in inner turmoil and political upheaval. Do we even want to start on Africa? Which part first?

Even South America has tensions rising around the Falklands, if nothing else is considered elsewhere ...and we all know the general state of tension and 'on the edge' feeling across the width of America.

The whole world is teetering on the edge of what I'm not sure a measurable % haven't come to see positive things in letting happen at this point. Economic Collapse and terrible times in disgrace and misery? Or the glories of major battles, grand strategies and the chance of immortality in the history books?

Remember our leaders are just people, in the end, just like the rest of us. Same emotions and general ambitions. Men with nothing left to lose...can risk everything without much thought given. I'm afraid a growing number may be seeing themselves with little or nothing left to lose.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The war would never start inside Asia. The Chinese, The Russian, and The Indians will not make themselves weak for another country to take over. I actually see them doing a temporary join treaty if any big thread comes to Asia.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
The war would never start inside Asia. The Chinese, The Russian, and The Indians will not make themselves weak for another country to take over. I actually see them doing a temporary join treaty if any big thread comes to Asia.

China, India and Russia have spent the better part of the last 50 years at each others throats.

Care to take a guess how many wars have been fought throughout the Asian continent in the same 50 years?

If there were to be a modern multinational conflict involving first world nations, the current geo-political climate favors Asia.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you Wrabbit, I will go further and say that if a war broke out in Asia then you be sure that it will spread elsewhere because it is TPTB that orchestrated that war and that is what they want. There does seem to be a lot of tension at the moment, a bit like before WW1 - the war to end all wars. There are a lot of old scores to settle and "good ol' wolrd war is what we need to clear the air". Middle East, Asia, Falklands, etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Going by your avatar name, I think you'll be just fine with a cabin in the woods...

Well, knowing that tensions are high at the moment there is a high chance of all out regional wars, if it's worth the risk then take it, but just like the other poster mentioned above, make sure to have an emergency exit plan back to your loved ones, or else you get stranded a midst the war.

Stay safe...Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
The tensions are currently really high in Asia, although a lot of it is simply media hype.

I am currently living in the Baltics, which used to be part of the Soviets. Although originally I am from Scandinavia.

I just got quite a good offer from a Swedish company, although I already have my university and job here. Although due to the pressures that are in Asia, I am wondering should I consider moving away, just in case, or not? It would change plans, although overally I could also get transfered to their university and continue my studies and life there. Not too much would change.

The risk of staying here is that IF war broke off in Asia, the NATO will be concentrated in helping US out there. Whether or not Russia would take part, there would be an opportunity for them to expand, to get back some of their "old" areas (although these are completely different cultures from them) and I wonder, whether they might try something in Europe or not?

What do you think?

PS. I hope this is the right forum for such post. It is more personal, although there is also overall discussion on the matter possible

Conventional war between nuclear country powers like Russia, or China, or India, is not going to happen..

reading a thread like this and reading the responses really point out how civilians are a bit outta touch when it comes to warfare, nothing personal.. If say Russia, and India went to war, whoever was losing would be using nukes as a last ditch effort to win, or scorch the Earth, conventional war is obsolete to be honest, the next big war between superpowers will effect the whole world, That is why if and when Koreans start killing each other and the USA gets caught up in it in the DMZ, its going to be a mess, and quite frankly the whole world will become unstable, Iran, Israel, middle east itself, Russia, getting pissed, China, getting pissed etc..
they will also be using them strategically against military forces first I would presume..

All fingers point to Korea, to initiate the first nuclear exchange..

Not to mention the world economy would be broken, if war started in ASIA, which would create one hell of a strain on stability throughout the world, gas prices rise, food prices rise, once economy brakes, yea fighting occurs for have and have not...

This is not rocket science, either, the answer is just no, man, it will not stay outta Europe...

edit on 21-3-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In a Darwinian model of "survival of the fittest" India would be already in the path to extinction considering the major players next to it like China and Russia, those who India so desperately try to match and keep striking deals with... something like a drowning man trying to breathe underwater one oxygen bubble at a time... but... sooner or later...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
NATO would not get involved in Asia Pacific war ie DPRK, Japan, or China, Now if Iran was to be a war then Yes NATO would be involved but i think your safe as to where you are at.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Don't worry about it my friends. Live your life, you planned it. Experience your death, its already yours. Leave more good intention than bad. And to answer your question. I think NATO would sit back and watch their debts to China vaporize.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If war broke off in Asia-- it would have to depend who fighting who--- and who has the money to fund---- but usually they will just wipe their minds and censor everything before- it could happen---

top topics

join