It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police tie man to chair, Pepper spray his face for 20 Mins.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
All I see is a criminal being corrected at a correction center. So nothing wrong there to me.
All they are doing is some good needed correction...good job

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

When I was in my twenties I worked in a state hospital and was subjected to being spit on and having other bodily excretions both liquid and solid thrown on myself and other staff members that I worked with and supervised... There was never any kind of retribution sought by any of us when this occurred... The unit used nothing more than isolating the offending patient in a time out room where they could rant and rave until they wore themselves out or in more extreme cases they would be minimally sedated with medication and possibly placed in full bed restraints until they chilled out... There is no way that what happened to Mr. Schlosser should have ever happened regardless of how he behaved.
reply to post by hypervigilant

I understand that, but in your situation you were aware that you were working with people who had mental health problems and who many times can't control their actions. It's a little harder to have such patience and understanding with someone who knows exactly what he is doing and is intentionally assaulting you. I'm not condoning this behavior by the police. I'm just saying the latter individual should expect that people they attack in this manner may snap and retaliate in unpleasant ways when intentionally and maliciously provoked, despite policies and procedures.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
He handled it better than i would have. If he would have spit on me, i would have probably killed him.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Did you read the article before jumping to conclusions?

In all honesty, NO, I didn’t. I made assumptions based on the information provided. The guy was already in custody and being restrained (which doesn’t happen unless you’re a jackass) and then he spit on a CO. Based on this info, I said this clown is no victim and he's likely a career dirt bag who got what he earned. According to your quote, I was right!!

Schlosser, 27, of Standish, was arrested in 2010 after several robbery attempts in Portland in one morning as he sought money for drugs, according to police. He has at least 18 prior convictions, mostly for theft and drugs but no violent crimes.

edit on 22-3-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
He handled it better than i would have. If he would have spit on me, i would have probably killed him.

I was kind of thinking the same thing…not KILL him but I’d surely like to feed him a few fists if he spit on me. Maybe it's a good thing I’m not in LE or corrections.

edit on 22-3-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

You want to talk about being reformed. I am a corrections officer. I have seen some of the worst things while working in the Maximum Security prison. These people don't get reformed. They finish there sentence and get released to the streets only to be back again in about a year or less for doing something even more terrible then what they did the first time.

This is called a use of force. In a prison envirorment when the officers usually only carry a set of handcuffs and a radio to defend themselves to OC spray comes in as a pretty handy de-escalation tactic that we use. To tell you the truth ive been jumped by Cons before and ive had a inmate spit in my face before. I would rather get punched in the face then spit on by these people any day. A lot of inmates have various types of Hepatitis, TB, AIDS/HIV, and many other diseases.

It is considered a assualt on staff if a inmate spits on them, it is a pretty serious offense and officers and admin handled as a serious one.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
He wasn't a violent person, it is obvious he had issues with substance addiction and did petty thefts to support his habit. He also had bipolar disorder as well as cut himself. He probably could not find any work because of his mental health and criminal record, and he probably used his drug of choice to self medicate his symptoms. However, he has not been a violent individual and thus had to have made the conscious decision not to hurt people to support his addiction.

He should be in a mental health clinic. He should be treated for his mental health issues, treated for his substance abuse issues, rehabilitated. Not strapped to a chair and tortured by a bunch of cronies who must have mental health issues themselves treating a fellow human like this. Spitting on someone does not deserve this type of punishment, this is prisoner abuse. Those cops should have received heftier penalties IMO. This is not a maximum security prison and this is not a violent prisoner with a violent history, this is a man with mental health issues that is unstable and this situation is exactly the opposite of what he needs.

Treating prisoners like this does not help "show them the light", it turns otherwise non-violent criminals into VIOLENT criminals.

I do not condone the actions of these officers. It seems to me that there are too many cops crossing the line lately and abusing their powers and yet not being held responsible for their actions. I have absolutely no criminal record and have had cops harass me on several occasions. They get away with whatever they want, and its disgusting.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

just saying the latter individual should expect that people they attack in this manner may snap and retaliate in unpleasant ways when intentionally and maliciously provoked, despite policies and procedures. [

These people will snap and retaliate un-provoked, they are dealing with people who think they have nothing to loose. Its hilarious to see people cry and scream about the treatment of people in prison. Its not the damn Mickey mouse club. Truthfully I would let authorities treat them however they want, If one has to suffer to make 1,000,000 scared to go I'm all for it.

edit on 22-3-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I can go either way with this, i've been on both end's at seperate times and sometime''s you need too and most the time it goes too far.

when I was 21 we left the bar after a fight, the people we were in a fight with called the cops claiming someone is drinking and driving, no i shouldn't have been in the first place but I was 21 and always right!
blah blah long story short I was pulled over in my old chevy farm truck and next thing I saw was 6 cop car's flashing and the cop's were in a huddle talking about what to do with me. I overheard one giant musclehead getting irretated because he was tired from a first shift with swat earlier and came over which I was sitting quietly, stood me up tightened the cuff's tighter, then turned me to the car pushed towards the car and well keeping the detail's out began i guess assulting me, I have a high pain tollerance and it's weird but sometime's tickles. Oh boy I learned my lesson pretty quick not to laugh at a LEO with arm's bigger than my thigh when he is trying to inflict pain to prove a point. I got my butt wooped pretty good leaving a couple bruises on my face cut's and scrapes and the backside of my hand is still numb from the cuffs. No i didn't file a suit against them i'm not nor ever will be like that, but we can say he isn't working for that city any longer not just because of me but from other incident's as well.

I've also been on ride along's and tour's of prison from a relitive to "show me the way" I guess but witnessed some pretty crazy thing's the prisoner's do, still no need to torture but when a prisoner in prison for murder or rape start's a personal vendetta against you and does something every week to try and get under your skin, as human's it's hard to retain composure especially seeing violence every day.

I'm not going to take side's but I can see how it can lead to that, should they have done what they have done, as human's in a so called civilized world no.

And they better find the leak source quick before some more video's and info get out they don't want anyone else to see!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Police tie man to chair, Pepper spray his face for 20 Mins

That cracks me up

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How many pigs does it take to restrain one inmate, pepper sprayed, hand cuffed, placed in a restraint chair. Hmmm too many, that obviously all want to be part of this Boys in Blue gang rape, LMAO

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
the next time you watch TV program "cops" or the other program "jail" listen for the phrase "stop resisting". Every time police know 100% they are being video taped that will continually shout "stop resisting" the moment they start using any sort of physical force on a suspect even if the suspects is strapped into a chair with arms and legs strapped in and head held back where it is impossible TO resist. They think this gives them an out if any harm should be inflicted on the suspect and at the same time allows them to abuse their power, portraying when they use the phrase "stop resisting" that the suspects is resisting when in fact they are not, so they can rough the suspect up even more.

Its sick.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I probably shouldn't sympathize with this man..But damn, that was hard to watch.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Quoop because: grammar

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

S&F OP for bringing this to the board. I couldn't stomach more than 2 minutes of the edited clip.

I no longer find this kind of thing shocking, but i never fail to find it sickening.

Look at those morons all dressed up like darth vader thinking theyre the big 'I am'. But they go home impotent and unable to satisfy their wives' most basic physical needs. Then one day they find out that their wives have been getting their satisfaction from the neighbours teenage son all along. These aren't men they are roaches, and the system will turn on them too soon. Can't wait.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gartenspinnen

He wasn't a violent person, it is obvious he had issues with substance addiction and did petty thefts to support his habit. He also had bipolar disorder as well as cut himself. He probably could not find any work because of his mental health and criminal record, and he probably used his drug of choice to self medicate his symptoms.

So spitting on someone isn’t violent in your mind? That’s not an assault?

Who cares about his mental problems or addictions?? If you do the crime you do the time. Everybody has problems!

Treating prisoners like this does not help "show them the light", it turns otherwise non-violent criminals into VIOLENT criminals.

Do you REALLY believe that prisoners are rehabilitated?

Unfortunately, research has consistently shown that time spent in prison does not serve to rehabilitate most inmates, and the majority of criminals return to a life of crime almost immediately. Many argue that most prisoners will actually learn new and better ways to commit crimes while they are locked up with their fellow convicts. They can also make connections and become more deeply involved in the criminal world.

Rehabilitation of prisoners is an extremely difficult effort. Inmates are segregated from the general public and forced to live in a society where crime is a way of life. For many, time spent behind bars will push them farther into a life of crime, but for others, the horrors of prison life and the lessons they learn there are enough to convince them to do anything possible to never become imprisoned again.
link

That last sentence I quoted is most telling. It is the “horrors of prison life and the lessons they learn there” that have the greatest potential of reducing recidivism rates. As I’ve stated from the very post I made on this thread, sometimes people need to be taught a lesson. Maybe the inmate learned not to act like an animal after this most recent treatment. I certainly wouldn’t want to go back to prison after that!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They probably needed to call for a lot of back up so they wouldn't get hurt doing this. I hope all the cops involved can still be sued

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
How do you teach one to not act like an animal by treating them like an animal?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

the next time you watch TV program "cops" or the other program "jail" listen for the phrase "stop resisting". Every time police know 100% they are being video taped that will continually shout "stop resisting" the moment they start using any sort of physical force on a suspect even if the suspects is strapped into a chair with arms and legs strapped in and head held back where it is impossible TO resist.

Do you blame them? Look at all the support this bone headed criminal is getting just in this thread!! There are 100 lawyers ready to take a case of this nature. I’d imagine it’s engrained in LE officer’s head to use these phrases…probably department police, too.

They think this gives them an out if any harm should be inflicted on the suspect and at the same time allows them to abuse their power, portraying when they use the phrase "stop resisting" that the suspects is resisting when in fact they are not, so they can rough the suspect up even more.

Its sick.

It may be sick to some but it’s just business!

“I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it!!!!”

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
How do you teach one to not act like an animal by treating them like an animal?

Because nobody wants to be treated that way...even crimminals.

There is an easy way to avoid being treated that way. STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
They probably needed to call for a lot of back up so they wouldn't get hurt doing this. I hope all the cops involved can still be sued

Yes, that will solve everything!!

MORE LAWSUITS!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join