It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police tie man to chair, Pepper spray his face for 20 Mins.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Umm looks to me those officers showed amazing restraint... They didn't hose him down just a quick spray...I did not see the officer rub the oc in his eye's, he (the prisoner) was moving his head left and right rubbing it in.. And if they did take his spit mask off, that would just make them look soft like he negotiated with the officers.. They are outnumbered and need to show the prisoners who is boss.. Our way or the highway.. No deals.

Gs
edit on 22-3-2013 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2013 by GermanShep because: add

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I bet he wont spit on them again.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
reply to post by Agent008

I worked in a prison for 6 months. I watched them do this very thing to an inmate who spit on a nurse over some medication. He begged them to help him, but they just ignored him. Not sure what ever happened to him. The next morning they opened the cells for breakfast and this inmates best friend came out onto the gallery and drove 7 inches of steel into a co-worker of mine. Stabbed him over fifteen times. It was payback for what was done to his friend. I quit the next day. I understand the frustration, but it isn't necessary to torture someone over some spit.

What state did you work at, it sounds like something that would happen in Illinois or Mississippi?
edit on 22-3-2013 by SeventhSin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That's you right now. And me, in a couple of seconds.

In all seriousness, I completely agree with everything you said. I once saw this guy who had raped a young woman, bit off her nipples and used a tire iron on the girls vagina (tearing it completely apart) because he felt like it. I wasn't questioning him or anything, but if I was, I would have made sure he wouldn't have been able to walk out of the questioning room. Now imagine if that girl was your daughter. How would you have felt about that whole situation? It seems to me that people have no idea of what it's like out there, and spill their theories like they were professionals in whatever they're talking about. I don't spill my theories about the expansion of the universe. I leave that to the qualified professionals that have studied the subject, and are able to formulate something that isn't a simple opinion, like most of us do.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I just watched the video and as a SORT operator, at an execution unit and hub unit, I can state that one: the move team was already dealing with this offender and a use of force, most likely a cell move or a take down in open traffic area, was executed. This offender is most likely a habitual problem to female staff and CO's a like. The captain did overstep policy by applying the O C gas that does burn like the dickens but this offender is in absolutely no danger what so ever. The fact is, this Captain did a fantastic job backing his move-team by stopping that idiot dead in his offender scum bag tracks. More than likely, had he not hit him with that small compliance dose he would have been physically dangerous to other staff, where at some point he would run into someone like me who will fore go utility and proportion to hand an offender, like this one, a lesson in "why not to be an asswipe" to staff or CO. However, if staff would have given this offender water of any sort, they should have, the active ingredient in OC would have reactivated and reignited the area of which the OC is currently applied. They should have given him water.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienade

All most a 100% chance he'll do it again in a week. The criminal justice system has no answer for mentally sick people so they send them to prison. This is what you get on a daily bases.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

These officers need to be financially reminded of their humanity--
I doubt little else will change their degenerating hardened hearts or minds...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That was difficult to watch. I can understand that this inmate was probably getting out of hand, mouthing off to the officers and spitting at another. The problem I have, is this guy is still a human being. It's not necessary to torture somebody like that. You can tell he was in distress. Let go of the guy and let him calm down instead of adding to his distress. I think the officers made their point early on in the video. Why continue to put him in distress?

If anything, this video should be an example of why you want to avoid committing a crime. Between being beaten or stabbed by inmates and tortured by correctional officers, jail surely is not a place to take lightly.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Why don't they send these #ing pigs to jail god damn it I am tired of this I know it is said every every time another of these videos pops up but cops aren't above the law and we the people end up picking up the lawsuit tab.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

I worked in a prison for 6 months. I watched them do this very thing to an inmate who spit on a nurse over some medication. He begged them to help him, but they just ignored him. Not sure what ever happened to him. The next morning they opened the cells for breakfast and this inmates best friend came out onto the gallery and drove 7 inches of steel into a co-worker of mine. Stabbed him over fifteen times. It was payback for what was done to his friend. I quit the next day. I understand the frustration, but it isn't necessary to torture someone over some spit.

I would go to the end of the world to expose # like this had I experienced it first hand... I hope you at least reported it to someone else

Sorry for the double post, I thought there'd be more replies by the time I was done watching the video
edit on 22-3-2013 by Redwhiteandblue because: Double posted sorry

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinkplusfloyd
Is this not considered "cruel and unusual punishment"? Why pepper-spray someone that's already subdued and strapped to a chair?

This is borderline torture imo.
edit on 21-3-2013 by pinkplusfloyd because: (no reason given)

what do you mean "borderline"

looks like straight up torture to me, you must have high standards, lol

edit on 22-3-2013 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Always the apologist. Being pepper sprayed and then left with it on the face is really no different than being pepper sprayed for 20 min. They could have washed it off, and he would have still been punished. Leaving it on is torture.

Also you saying pepper spray is just "annoying" is a bold faced lie. You can spray a little pepper spray, like a spurt, in a living room in the air, and everyone in the room is going to be irritated and feel it. Getting a face full is extremely painful. What you are saying scares me because you have a bad case of the "cop brain" and sound capable of doing this to someone thinking "it's just annoying him" rather than the reality which is torture.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wow, this is just insane. Part of the problem is that there are actually people out there who figure that since these people are inmates, they are somehow inhuman. One of the things that sets America, a supposedly civilized country, apart from not so civilized countries is our order and system of justice. It can never be perfect, but it could be a lot better if there were not cops like these, judges who would do this if they had the chance, overzealous prosecutors who do not care about guilt or innocence, only winning a case, etc...And of course these people are never punished, even though they are breaking the laws they swore to uphold.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSin
reply to post by Alienade

All most a 100% chance he'll do it again in a week. The criminal justice system has no answer for mentally sick people so they send them to prison. This is what you get on a daily bases.

I've noticed that most US citizens are insane. Insanity is taught through many outlets: parents, media, schools, churches, etc. It's developed through encouragement and abuse. People are programmed to be proud of the unique individual they are. They won't consider that what they "know" and feel isn't sane. We're doomed to the suffering our insanity causes.
edit on 22-3-2013 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Have you ever done any of that either because I highly doubt it. The mask is a spit shield that doesn't hinder your breathing at all. You realize peoople go to prison for doing bad things right and they do some pretty bad things in prison also. Let me know how you like it when you get spit in the face by some scumbag convict who either killed a person or raped a 10 year old. How about when a 22 year old gang bang talks s*** to you because he knows you can't do anything about it until he actually tries to hit you or spit on you.

These officers were doing there job plain and simple. The restraint stair chair was used because he probably would have refused to walk on his own. The OC spray was used because they Team leader was given the authority to use it by the warden or superintendent of the prison. Once you give a inmate a order to stop or resist what they are doing and the inmate does not comply you have the authority to use the force necessary to restrain them and prevent them from hurting themselves or others around them.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

Any type of planned use of force is filmed to protect the officers in the said use of force from the inmate making any false accusitions.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You realize that water actually makes the OC spray work better. Just because you wash the orange spray off your face doesn't mean the effects don't linger around. I was sprayed while in the academy and it lingers around for a few hours.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Excuse me sir but what kind of pepper spray was used , for instance there are blends witch contain tear gas and others that contain nerve agents will kill a person if continually sprayed.. Please do the research and look how many types of pepper spray are available ..Here in MO i know for a fact there are blends that can only be bought by law enforcement because of there potency ...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

OK yes and there are just as many non violent offenders who get thrown into that meat grinder and treated just the same as your cry baby story about rapists and murder .. EACH situation is different and you use the same bs line that any law enforcement officers uses when they abuse there power ...THEY CHOSE THE JOB if they dont like it find a new career path but it does not give them the right to abuse there authority ..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have two brothers that since have retired from law enforcement.
Both did have a quite a few incidents on restraints. Spitting was one of them,
& wasn't a good feeling. I'd never asked of their actions,whatever it was,to
me,it was justifiable. Some of the street level thugs,know the system just
to well. We can have all kinds of experts how to act on extreme occasions.
Until you are daily out on the field,then come back & let us know .!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join