It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God & Man fear us so much?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Trusting that this is the correct forum. I have noticed quite a few women bashing threads over the last few days and with all the dreadful stories of religious abuse of female children and stoning of women, it started me thinking about something I'd pondered years ago. I will split up this lengthy post as I know some folks concentration span is limited
)

It seems to me at least, that both God and Men (generalisation) fear/hate women and I've always been curious as to why on earth that should be? Even the "genuine" women haters it seems have come about as a result of fear of women rather than actual hate. What is it about our gender that riles and scares even the most omnipotent God? After all he created us (if you believe that) but it seems that he purposefully set women up to fail and take the fall for the world's problems from that point onwards. Rather unfair if you ask me. As a God, he would clearly have known what was going to happen yet still permitted it to happen, so begs the question why and why didn't he stop it? That in itself I suppose indicates it was meant to be but doesn't help us women who have as a result been vilified blamed and persecuted throughout history.

Let's take a couple of historical incidents.
The French Revolution - Always attributed to Marie Antoinette, she being the wicked Queen who demanded cake for which she was beheaded and the French Monarchy then fell. Rarely is it mentioned all the other contributing factors surrounding the Revolution, just the drama over 1 woman who was allegedly so powerful she brought about the destruction of the very group she was Queen of!!

The Trojan War - As we all know was started by Helen of Troy or so history would tell us (written by men of course) Helen being the alleged daughter of Zeus, was painted as being indifferent to the war she started over her affair with Paris and a cold and emotionless woman responsible for the deaths of thousands. However, it seems more likely that she was another pawn of a God intent on decimating the population which he believed had grown far too large and was growing out of his control, something a God simply cannot stomach when control is paramount!

The Russian Revolution - Tsarina Alexandra of Russia yet another woman allegedly responsible for the Russian Revoluation, hated for her apparent sway over the Tsar (meaning he listened to her!) She was blamed for everything from famine to the weather until the revolutionaries shot her and the entire Royal Family

Now let's take culture & society and its attitude to women, bearing in mind whether we like it or not we live in a Patriarchal society with men in the top spot and women following on 10 paces behind.

We have child brides some as young as 5yrs old. Why? Because women are considered property and tradeable whether it be to pay off a debt or one less mouth to feed. Does this happen with boy children? Of course not, boys are valuable and worthwhile. Take the story below of the little 6yr old being sold to a relative of the father to pay off a debt. Oh the father says he's devastated but yet he's the one making that decision not only that but what family member would willingly take a relatives small child as a bride for money? This isn't some story from centuries ago, this was in 2013, the 21st Century!
Naghma Sold To Pay Debt

The Ritual of Sutee. This was a dreadful ritual whereby the wife was thrown onto the pyre of her dead husband, thus indicating that without a man she had no value. It was outlawed by the British in the 1800's but it seems it crept back into being in the 20th century. Why? Again I would say control over women. Women must have been terrified that they would be left a widow and end up being burned alive for absolutely no othe reason than other men didn't want them as they were considered "used" and "spoilt" and no-one wanted to be responsible for them as they had no worth, in fact widows were at the lowest end of the social scale which for women wasn't very high in the first place!.However these widows were told that if they chucked themselves on the pyre they would be Goddesses so I guess in a highly patriarchal society, that was the only way a woman could get some recognition and power even though it be after a very painful death!

The European Witch Hunts - This was literally gendercide and this period of persecution lasted 300 yrs. Tens of thousands were tortured and executed with over 3/4's of them being women. This persecution was instigated by the male dominated Catholic Church and is a clear example of male fear of women and their power. They created an era of fear and as a result superb control over the population of women.

Modern Western Society is little better than it was hundreds of years ago. Men still occupy the top jobs and what's more are expected to. When a woman gets a top position, the reactions often vary from "Who did she sleep with to get that job" to "She won't last 2 minutes". Women are referred to as cold hearted career women, they are given names such as Ice Maiden, Iron Maiden etc and are quite often scolded for being a career women over caring for their children and the home. A man doesn't have that reaction, it is expected that he will be a in a career, he isn't referred to as a career man only women. The world expects successful men but acts surprised when there are successful women. Men dislike working for a successful woman, they feel intimidated, out of place, out of control. Their self esteem is hurt and this leads to resentment and fear whether consciously or sub-consciously, which of course we all know is a great motivator! See the Spanish Inquisition!

The anti discrimination laws that were brought in during the 1990's were a great idea, however in practice little changed. Women are still often paid less than men, they suffer sexual harrassment from men in the workplace who appear unable to cope with a woman's new role, which means more and more laws needed to counter these actions, which again is just another form of control and political correctness which as we've all seen does not work. Rape is still a common form of control of women it being deemed (and correctly so) as being the most dreadful of crimes against a woman. Rarely if ever do you hear of a woman raping a man. WE are not driven by hormones the way males are, raging testosterone is hard to ignore in the male which was designed for sex or war and these hormones make men aggressive driven and prone to stress and tension due to the desire to succeed. To see a woman succeed, fires up their aggressive testosterone and they lose sight of their position in the world.

cont in next post.....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Because they fear the female side of the brain, and everything it entails. The masculine agenda is to oppress the freedom of the mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Strange however that it seems behind every successful man there is usually a highly driven powerful woman whether it be sister wife or mother.

Men know that without them, the human race would continue. Artificial insemination, sperm banks etc mean that women have to all intents and purposes no need for a man, they can still concieve and reproduce. Again this claws at the very deep instincts of men and their purpose in life. It must also be quite frighteningn to know that you are not necessary. Men have tried to control womens bodies with regard to abortion, blaming the women for rapes, and other such examples, they have viewed womens bodies as their possessions and that they own all rights to it for generations, particularly since the days of the Old Testament and the Quran and similar religious texts, which state quite clearly that a woman belongs to a man. Men can sleep around have many many sexual partners and be thought of as a "jack the lad" or he's "sowing his oats", when a woman does that she is labelled a slut whore harlot etc and is ostracised and quite possibly killed in certain religions. The fear of powerful women, independant women is evident in all religions which are for the most part all male driven dogmas and doctrines.

As far as religion goes, women are no better than cattle and are and can be treated as such with Gods' blessing. As I said earlier, we were set up to fail and now thousands of years after, we are still reaping the results of our "set up" and have been made scapegoats for just about all the worlds ills which considering the patriarchal society we live in, can in all seriousness be attributable to the male of the species only! It seems God wants men to hate and fear women. We are harlots, seductive wanton whores, we lead men astray, we can be beaten at will or stoned to death for the least infraction as percieved by men. The Bible never fails to let women know that they were created second and as such subserviant to men. We are here to serve men, to obey men and are by definition inferior to men. Islam is possibly the worst of the religions for its treatment of women, closely followed by Judaism and then Christianity.

Islam decided that women were way too inferior to drive as it could lead to them being adulterous. It took many many years before women were allowed to do any form of work. Men decided that for the protection of women, they should be covered from head to foot so as not to lead astray devout Muslim men, they were not to be allowed in the company of men alone, if they were raped there had to be 4 independant witnesses to the rape otherwise it was the evil woman at fault. What they failed to realise was the fact that in their blaming of the women, they simply acknowledged their incapacity to respect women as equals, acknowledged that women had power over them and declared their own deep weaknesses and lack of faith and self control. The fact that their women need protection says it all. Who do they need protection from? Other Muslim men who it seems have far too much testosterone, more than the normal male, and see a woman and simply can't help themselves and must rape her. This acknowledgment of womens power over men is something that seems to be missed when it comes to the reasoning behind religious control.

Judaism declares that women are unclean and mustn't be touched whilst menstruating. This isn't some magical thing that happens once a month, its a natural God given necessity for reproduction!! And yet Jewish women are made to feel embarrassed and unworthy by this. Women should dress plainly and not attract men, they (in some cases) should shave their heads and wear wigs, not wear make up and generally be as plain and dowdy as they can get, in case a good pious Jewish man should get his y fronts in a twist over the sight of some eyeliner. These men do all these and make all these rules because they know full well, that it is in fact they who can't be trusted not the women!

So although I have only briefly (believe it or not) touched on this subject, clearly the God that made us had something in mind that we are unaware of. He made us sexual beings, beautiful, seductive and emotional and yet forbid us from acting on those emotions whilst allowing men the upper hand and permission to use and abuse his other creations i.e. women. This treatment is of course justified in most religions by the alleged act of Eve, of which women have been judged without proof.
I'll shut up now

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
About European witch hunts, females were easy scapecoats for all domestic trouble maybe it was illness or cheating husband or bad crops, they are physically weaker and that time scapecoats were needed cos it took the public attention away from the real culprits. Quite often or basicly almost always is forgotten the other church reasons behind witch hunts.. the reason is MONEY. Church needed money and where else it was easily taken than from single females or widows who were landowners or had other property,.. where money was needed.. well that has never been secret. You can see the similarity with Holocaust,

Females are too perfect thats why men are afraid of them... Higher being .

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Problem is we as women have been permissable scapegoats due to "our sinful nature" and that has given men the go ahead to treat us like rubbish. If God himself states that women are to obey and be subservient to men, they what man is going to reject that? Islam and Judaism have proven with impunity that they follow the letter of religious law when it comes to women, and in fact interpret a few laws their own way just to make sure. Christianity is little better. A carte blanche to do as they will if you like.

How can this be stopped? How can it be prevented from continuing generation to generation? I've no idea. Unless all religions suddenly had a change of heart and caught up with the 21st century, I doubt it ever will.

We are seen as the weaker sex and yet often this is only in size and physical strength for who is the weaker? The woman who can't lift 2 buckets of water or the man who is incapable of keeping it in his pants and spreading his seed around?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
Trusting that this is the correct forum. I have noticed quite a few women bashing threads over the last few days and with all the dreadful stories of religious abuse of female children and stoning of women, it started me thinking about something I'd pondered years ago. I will split up this lengthy post as I know some folks concentration span is limited
)

It seems to me at least, that both God and Men (generalisation) fear/hate women and I've always been curious as to why on earth that should be? Even the "genuine" women haters it seems have come about as a result of fear of women rather than actual hate.

God dosent hate women. Try doing just a wee bit or research.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Explain?

There is little in the old Testament or the Quran that reveals anything but mistrust and blame for womankind it was God who declared women sinful and deceitful after all.

We live in an overly male obsessed society where a penis is valued far above a vagina and the rewards for having one are plenty!

Even in doing the very act of what comes naturally i.e. childbirth we are victimised and made to feel unclean
"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)

And let us not forget that God apparently created us as chew toys for the male species
"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

and again

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

So yeah I think God doesn't like us very much but as he created us, his purpose must be unknown but it appears we women see little of the loving merciful God the patriarchs of the Church would have us believe exists!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I wonder that if Adam could have taken a look into the future would he have to pleaded with GOD to let him keep his rib?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This was discussed in this thread: Beloved Women of the World

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

It isn't a question of fear, but a question of trust. Not that I trust man any more than woman, but historically speaking, Eve swayed Adam, Mohammad's wife swayed him. (I'm sure there are more examples)

My views aren't popular though so don't worry too much because I am one of those who believes in God and His commandments. I am unpopular in the churches because in my thinking a cross is a graven image. I also talk about makeup and what woman doesn't wear makeup? To me that is vanity.

From personal experience, I have never had my heart so torn out as when I loved a woman. Don't get me wrong here, I am married and love my wife, but our marriage became secondary to FB myspace and the phone. She isn't even the one who broke my heart as I accept that women in general always want what they don't have and when they get it they then want more.

Now I know you totally resent my comments, I expected as much when I mentioned makeup, but I will explain it to you this way...

It is far better to develop character than to rely on your looks, because one day your looks will fade and you have nothing left to make yourself feel good other than a plastic face and a magazine smile.

Sorry to be brutally honest here, but you did ask

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I said too perfect not perfect see the difference. We dont have as much hair growth as men do, body structure is more subtle. Take a Ape, Man and Woman and put them in the row starting from ape, what kind of structure you see ?

Females do not have sinful nature not more than men do, What had life of females been at those ancient era´s, males brought the food to the table they were stronger and they were heads of the family just being a physically stronger, when the situation had been this for hundreds and thousands of years it became a custom. If females argued about male behaviour they were beaten to death or kicked out from their homes.
Males did see the potential of female minds and will power, thats a reason to texts in holy books which say woman should be silent etc. Remember books were written by the people flesh and blood, and those texts had been modified over the centuries like in Bible reforms, there have been books from females too but some have been removed being heretic,,
How this can be stopped.. time will do that eventually.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

No worries opinions are what a forum is about.

As for women swaying men, does that not imply that men are weak? Unable to control themselves? Think for themselves? Throughout history, women have allegedly swayed men surely that says a lot for the male species as a whole?

As a religious person as you state you are, could you give an explanation of why God allowed the Eve swaying of Adam to happen in the first place if there was no ulterior motive?

Does not all this alleged though unadmitted power we have over men not have a purpose? And again imply the weakness of men?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join