It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cyp-Riots Begin - Live Stream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Local TV station CYBC reports that police in the Cyprus' capital are scuffling with protesters (including employees of Cyprus Popular Bank) outside the nation's parliament:

*CYPRUS POLICE CLASH WITH BANK EMPLOYEES OUTSIDE PARLIAMENT
*CYPRUS SCUFFLES BROADCAST LIVE ON STATE-RUN CYBC

CYBC says more protesters gathering at Parliament House

Source

Live Stream

Well here we go. I think everyone was waiting for this to happen. The people are now taking to the streets in protest of what the government and banks want to implement to aid their failures. Take a long hard look at what is happening there because this may very well be the start of something much larger.

The fact that New Zealand is taking similar measures just days after Cyprus should say a lot.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wish I could understand the language.

I know enough to know though, this is not good.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I wish I could understand the language.

I know enough to know though, this is not good.

I also wish I knew the language, but they had a lady on a few minutes ago, and it didn't take a translator to tell me that she was beyond furious. These people are very angry and for good reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It makes me puke that people are forced to such primitive and barbaric ways in order to be treated as humans. Quite the irony.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What else did they expect? For the people to just lay down and take it?

I hope for the sake of the Cypriots, that some kind of solution comes quickly.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
One thing I dont understand about these "clashes"...

Didnt the police have their paychecks screwed too? So why the hell are they protecting the ones who are screwing them and turning on their own people?

They should just join the people and help clean up the country.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I made a thread about this, a few days ago. Here's the ATS Thread

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Pretty disorganized riot. No beer tent, no brat and hot dog stands, not even any porta-potties around. Could have used some live music too.

Why do riots have to be so disorganized?
edit on 21-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Pretty disorganized riot. No beer tent, no brat and hot dog stands, not even any porta-potties around. Could have used some live music too.

Why do riots have to be so disorganized?

The US Occupy protesters had access to their money. No money, no tent, no hot dogs, porta-potties...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

RT is currently up...

Live

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Wouldn't that be just great, I'd love to see the police stand with the protesters for once.
This what we all should be doing against the banks and Government.
Instead, in the UK, we just roll over and play dead.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Now, if all those rioters had assault rifles with 30 round clips... they could actually revolt and make a difference instead of just shouting and being (rightfully) indignant.

To bad "Cyprus has strict gun control. Private citizens are completely forbidden from owning handguns and rifles in any calber, even .22 rimfire."

Makes outright THEFT (or anything) really easy when the people cant push back against a rogue government, doesnt it.

edit on 3/21/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The only sensible way for the Mediterranean financially troubled countries, is to look hard at the facts, and admit, the core of the problem is their currency, Euro. And the solution will emerge - ditch Euro, and the slave contract bankers want you to sign, and let them have it.

For Cyprus, real independence is the Icelandic way: go its own self-sufficient way, and deny ignorance for the needs of your own folks.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What is most telling is that here, in the US, this is barely reported (outside of new media). The LameStreamMedia is all giddy over our Dear Leader visiting Israel and whether of not the Easter Bunny will make a White House appearance, the closing of Cypriot banks (with New Zealand close on Cyprus heels) nothing much is said.

As I have said on other threads. Cyprus is geographically small. A great place for a "trial" run on bank closures.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I'd say a p***d off Cypriot with a shotgun is not something you want to meet and plenty have them so they're not unarmed really and if you live near Limassol you could just raid the British airbase and whey hey machine guns and fighter jets a go go

The missus had a quick listen to the RIK1 stream and it was just people in the studio filling time mainly

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
What is most telling is that here, in the US, this is barely reported (outside of new media). The LameStreamMedia is all giddy over our Dear Leader visiting Israel and whether of not the Easter Bunny will make a White House appearance, the closing of Cypriot banks (with New Zealand close on Cyprus heels) nothing much is said.

As I have said on other threads. Cyprus is geographically small. A great place for a "trial" run on bank closures.

Yeah, I have the channel on the business market stations and they're talking about it because the dow is falling. Right now it's fallen almost 100 pts.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Yeah, they could have organized the occupy stuff better too.
When protestors are hungry they get crabbier and things escalate. The cities ought to send hot dog stands out there to keep people from getting crabby. It could turn into a hell of a party with beer tents and then people would get tired and go home or hit the bars.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Cyprus is basically the Mediterranean version of Grand Cayman. The government and banking regulations were setup as a tax haven for foreign investment. When the economic SHTF the whole model blew-up and now the people who most benefited from the scheme want to (once again) have their losses covered by The People. Considering that a large percentage of the people who were using this tax dodge were Russian the whole thing gets pretty sticky pretty quickly.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Didn't I just read a thread that our good ole US Congress just passed a law putting us taxpayers on the hook for failed derivatives (or something like that)?
Bernanke wasn't making an idle threat her, it seems the groundwork has already been laid for the same treatment in the USA.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by SpaDe_

RT is currently up...

Live

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately it's not letting me edit the OP to place it in there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join