It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid heading for New York? You better pray, NASA chief tells US Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Asteroid heading for New York? You better pray, NASA chief tells US Congress

www.news.com.au

NASA chief Charles Bolden has advice on how to handle a large asteroid headed toward New York City: Pray.
That's about all the United States - or anyone for that matter - could do at this point about unknown asteroids and meteors that may be on a collision course with Earth, Bolden told lawmakers at a U.S. House of Representatives Science Committee hearing.

An asteroid estimated to be have been about 15m in diameter exploded on February 15 over Chelyabinsk, Russia, generating shock waves that shattered windows and damaged buildings. More than 1500 people were injured.

Read more: h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, now I am a believer. it becomes clear that the media , the government and of course NASA are prepping the world for an asteroid hit.

They make a joke of it. They present it as though it is tounge in cheek and in jest. Yet the deadly implications are in plain site.

They admit there is nothing they can do. They provide statistics that show the improbability of it occurring, yet reference recent events in Russia.

How else could they present it? They could say nothing of course but there is far too much asteroid talk going on at the moment.

Threads on ATS recently suggest dates somewhere form March all the way to December of this year.

SO is the the subtle proof that there really is going to be a city killing asteroid heading our way soon?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
please, someone asked the question and they answered it.

He didn't step out and say "guys guys i know last month was crazy...... but if anything like that happens again, over the US, you better PRAY"

i didn't read that, i read someone answering a question with a good answer since we dont have the technology to divert it.

this is no sign of things to come, stop coming here to scare the kids

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

What if the gov had integrity toward the US Constitution? We'd have had interstellar travel 10 yrs ago

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

stop coming here to scare the kids

That in itself cracks me up.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Threads on ATS recently suggest dates somewhere form March all the way to December of this year.

Threads on ATS suggest dates for some sort of disaster on a daily basis anywhere from now until kingdom come!

SO is the the subtle proof that there really is going to be a city killing asteroid heading our way soon?

I don't see proof of anything subtle or otherwise.....how would you have liked him to answer the question?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

how would you have liked him to answer the question?

There really is not a lot of ways to answer the question.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That's easy. Avoid the silver bee and balsa wood.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There's already thread about this, minus the mention of NY

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is currently a project under way that would likely provide at least some warning for U.S. cities: The ATLAS, or Asteroid Terrestrial-Impact Last Alert System, is being developed to offer a one-week warning for a 148-foot meteor impact or a three-week warning for a 450-foot meteor impact. (The project, which involves eight telescopes, is scheduled for completion by the end of 2015.) Still, that's only enough time to evacuate residents and shore up infrastructure, not to head off the object entirely.

Source
edit on 20-3-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by magma

What if the gov had integrity toward the US Constitution? We'd have had interstellar travel 10 yrs ago

Really? Interstellar travel within a decade if we followed the Constitution?

The reality is, there are things we can control and things we can't. An asteroid headed our way, whether government agencies readily admit it or not, is something we cannot control. What we can control is whether or not we choose to worry about that possibility.

I, personally, choose not to worry. It's a horrifying thought and to allow it to take up space in my mind does nothing but allow worry to grow. Devastating asteroids/ELE's have happened before and, in all likelihood, will happen again, that is a fact. All of us could, just as easily, never have existed...yet we do.

So live today to make a better tomorrow, regardless of whether that tomorrow arrives. Life is better that way.
edit on 20-3-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Apparently this is how they are going to bring the one world government in.

This is the last Pope and this has been planned since the year 500 at least probably since greek times tbh which is where the bloodlines come from.

we are currently going through a phase of increased asteroid activity and the elite are going to use this by saying earth is going to be wiped out by an asteroid even though they have the technology to blow any rock out of our path. You see they have brainwashed everyone by using the film Armageddon where people assume you cant move an asteroid but the US have more than enough fire power to deal with any incoming rock.

But you watch the brainwashed masses get all scared by the media
edit on 20-3-2013 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

There really is not a lot of ways to answer the question.

Exactly....he answered it honestly.

I really don't think he or NASA or anyone else for that matter was providing "subtle proof" of any impending asteroid impact.

I've long believed that if an asteroid of significant size were to be on a collision course with Earth then there really isn't much we could do but pray......if that's you're inclination of course .....I suppose he could have answered by saying "put you're head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye"

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Well, now I am a believer. it becomes clear that the media , the government and of course NASA are prepping the world for an asteroid hit.

And why do you say that like it is a bad thing? Why wouldn't they "prep" the world for a possible asteroid hit?

I know on ATS that preparing for a catastrophe is equated with planning to make it happen - but in the real world disaster preparedness is actually a good thing!

Have you missed the last 10 years or more's discussions all over the media about it being a matter of "when" and not "if" an asteroid hits??

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
All I can say is if there is any justice what so ever and an asteroid is headed for NYC it will get Cuomo, Bloomberg, Wiener, and Schumer along with all the other ass hat NY liberals. I’d call that a good start.

Honestly, the collateral loss of the rest of the city might be worth the trade off if that lot of idiots were to cease to exist.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

And why do you say that like it is a bad thing? Why wouldn't they "prep" the world for a possible asteroid hit?

My belief is the article is a disclaimer and is a prep. It really means people have no excuse because they have been forewarned. I am sure there is more to come in the way of warning as the time approaches.

Not that we can actually do anything about it anyway. Maybe evacuate the city and head for the hills in advance?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I ashamed to admit it, but your post made me crack up.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I like how the chairman of something or the other mentioned its too hard to get funding under sequestration.

Headlines: Asteroid to impact earth, Obama blames republicans for sequestration, claims Bushes fault.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jinni73

even though they have the technology to blow any rock out of our path.

proof?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join