It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Story Of Receiving A Physical Message From 'God'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlueShiroux

Ok. I appreciate that response. I read again thru all your posts. I see a common thread through them all. Defense.

I will say that youre pretty definite how and why you feel the way you do, but dont seem to have the grasp that as a young woman your age...you havent really done enough, read enough, experienced enough, and traveled enough to make any permanent committments to anything really. And thats ok. That is as it should be for a woman your age with a wide world ahead. You dont know where that will lead you.

I see you defending yourself where its sure not necessary here, but it must be your way of affirmating your current beliefs now, today. What Im trying hard to see between your words is the ability to at least agree that one day you may very well feel different. And , really? Thats ok too.

The world is a big place...and hey! Stay here on ATS and you sure will change your beliefs and learn a few things too. Thats whats so good about ATS. We've all been there, know the ropes and/or are learning them, learned the map of many different life-paths that worked....or didnt for us.

So will you. And it'll be what works and feels right for you. Believe what you will. Let no one disuade you from your beliefs. We all have a bunch to learn and believe yet.

Atheist, Muslim, Christian, Buddist, Universal or Earthly Mother
worshipper...you are worshipping SOMETHING. And just to make a small...but I think significant point...whatever and however you call that worship...it could in a way be called "GOD"...and whatever that mean to you. Now.

Peace!
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spell ck

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
OP,

God was sending you a sign, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. You will only be happy when you
give yourself to Him, follow His teachings. Skip the man made. little bit of His way, go for the fullness. Jesus established one faith with the greatest means to Him, Roman Catholicism.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

you are a cool dude and very interesting tbh

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

but i thought jesus died on the cross so that i could sin?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I think you and I have some things in common.

You deny religious dogma and religion however your spirit yearns for the Truth. You do not need a label, you want to be free from that which separates you from the divine. You want answers from no one other than whom created you and I don't blame you.

You via this thread sound like someone who wants to freely think and I agree. You should.

The answers you were given proved to you that if there is a divine energy that answered you then Jesus or Sin are the choices. What is "sin"? To miss the goal and or mark you set out for yourself before you incarnated. Or.. so ... I believe.

But... what does it mean to follow Jesus? Do you have to be a Christian? No. Jesus commanded us to love God and our neighbor as our self. Period. When doing this it makes the world a better place and may indeed bring peace on Earth.

My brother once told me that intuition is the forgotten sense. If you believe you got an answer or two from God that day, then it is so. If you believe it was just a coincidence, then it was.

I get answers like that all the time and more so in my dreams than anywhere. For the record, I am not a Christian. I have no label.
edit on 27-12-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You could just be the Messiah, if you knew. I'm sure you've already been someone's Messiah at least a few times already. Ask them.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

TheBlueShiroux

but i thought jesus died on the cross so that i could sin?

Jesus died on the cross because he threatened the Roman authority as well as the entrenched, corrupt ruling Jewish clergy by ministering to the people to revolt.

He said he was the son of God, and he believed that. No, he knew it. He tried to explain to people that they could also be like him, but knew that each would have to come unto their own. All he was saying is that the world would be better if people, whether rich or poor, would realize that they die with what they were born with, and all that's left is whether you were an asshole or not. That is to say, did you treat other living things with the same respect for life that you would yourself. But we are a self loathing kind, so of course it's hard to make that connection.

Did you leave the world a better place for everyone that lives in this house, or did you break # and hurt people and leave?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

please explain what you mean im so confused omg

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

well my life isnt over but ive helped out a lot of people in my life, not to mention saved a lot of lives. i dont know if it counts as being a messiah, but i have over 3,500 followers on a website. jesus only had 12 at one point.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thank you miss. You too!
MS

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

At the end of your life on Earth we must ask our self..

Did you treat living things as you want to be treated or did you have no love for the living?

Karma goes on and on and on through each life on Earth. We reap what we sow.

I think that is what the other poster was trying to convey to you.

I sense you are young and have not really studied religion or spirituality much.

Again, Im more into astro theology and esoteric teachings these days.

You say you don't believe in "God" but pray to the Universe. I think thats great. At least you have an awareness of something greater.... that is "out there".

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

TheBlueShiroux, I would like to share a little testimony with you.....

When I opened your thread and started reading your first post, a few words into it my eyes wouldn't stop watering for some odd reason. I know God is reaching out to you, without a doubt. I don't have all the answers (or most of the answers, or probably even a few of the answers) about God, or life, or why bad things happen to good people or you name it. But 7 years ago my life completely changed at the age of 28.

I never grew up in a religious home. I was born 4 months early as a child and almost died more time between the time I was born to age 2 that you couldn't keep track of all of them. My grandparents raised me, and there was no talk of God, church or any other religion in my home growing up. I was a normal kid, who played sports and liked to get into some mischief now and again. I joined the military while still in high school (National Guard) and while I went to a trade school. After I graduated, I went active. I did 3 tours in combat, 2 in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan. I ended up having knee surgery multiple times and it ended my military career. I became an alcoholic and a drug addict while I tried to lock away everything I've ever went through in life, and hoping I could completely forget about my experiences in combat. I wasn't a bad guy...I gave to the homeless or less fortunate all the time, I was nice and polite to people, I always took up for the elderly, children or those who could not defend themselves, I was a typical good guy who had problems with his experiences in combat. One of my family members became really sick, so I moved back to my home town to try and help take care of them. During this time, I found God...

I never believed in God, or Satan for that matter. I thought people who went to church just needed something to believe in, or "hope" for something better. After all, I've lived pure hell in combat. How could a loving God allow all of these bad things to happen? Children starving, murder, rape, just about everything bad thing one could think of...how could God allow this? But this whole "God" stuff?? Not my cup of tea, at all. Growing up, I always remember weird things happening. There was a house my mom lived in that was super haunted and the craziest stuff would happen in it. Anytime I would stay over, the room I stayed in, the closet door would always open and a ghost with red eyes would come out and stand in the room as I pulled the covers over my head in fear. Stuffed animals would talk and I would hear voices, or they would make noise. I would always see things, along with my sister and my mom. I never lived there as I lived with my grandparents, but man that was a crazy house. There would always be some kind of weird stuff going on, like seeing ghosts, or the old black and white TV would come on and there would be a face in it talking to us, or the back door would have someone pounding on it (and there was no one around), etc. One time my grandmother and I just came back from McDonalds in our town and when she pulled into the house a UFO came down into the field across the road and just hovered there. I've seen 3 UFO's from the time I was 8 years old to the age of 16, but I haven't seen one since. Weird stuff. I was big into metal music, played in a band, always played acoustic guitar and sang in bars while stationed in Germany, you name it. When I moved back home, my sister had these dvd series called "they sold their soul for rock and roll"....man, I didn't want to hear about that garbage. I told my sister, come on...that stuff isn't real. They make that stuff up so they can sell more records. Satan isn't real, it's all a fake, you name it, I told her. I ended up entertaining her and told her I'd watch the entire first dvd before I would throw them all in the trash. I stayed up that entire night and watched all 4 dvds. Could this God stuff be real? Could there be a Satan, fighting for my soul? It got the wheels turning, that was for sure. I took all of my cd's at the time and threw them all away after watching those dvds. That week, I went to church and when the pastor gave an altar call, I went forward. As I walked up that aisle under my breath I kept telling God..God, if you're real I need to know...over and over again. I've tried everything to fill this emptiness inside me at this point and I needed help, in every area of my life. That day, I met Jesus. As I stood with my arms raised, repeating a prayer after the pastor with my eyes closed I say a bright flash and it felt like a million pounds lifted off my shoulders. I felt the loving arms of my savior, Jesus Christ hugging me, pure love I felt at that moment. I knew it was Jesus Christ. I can't really explain how I knew it was Him, I just knew. At that moment, I knew God existed and that He sent His son to die on a cross for all of us. My alcohol and drug addiction, gone in the blink of an eye. I haven't craved a drink or a drug since that day. I was completely delivered on the spot. I cried more at that moment than anytime in my life. I grabbed a hold of the pastor, tears pouring down my face, with the most joy I have ever had in my life. I was set free that day, a prisoner of sin. I had an encounter with Jesus.

Since that day, I've read through the bible and have tried to learn as much as I can about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I don't believe in "denominations", but in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Once you've felt the love of Jesus, you just know you know. It's really hard to explain. But I know this. God loves you more than anything in this world, as God is love. And giving your heart to Jesus Christ will be the greatest thing you'll ever do, I promise you. Everywhere I go, I share my testimony, I witness about Jesus, I spread the gospel...and sometimes its hard, I've been mocked and you name it, but I used to be one of those mockers. I know God is real, I've been healed 3 times in my short time as a disciple of Christ and I've been through many a trial and fire. I've learned a lot, grown a lot and have seen a lot. I know a lot will pick my post apart, and bash me along with whatever else..and that's ok, because I know the truth and will stand before God one day and not be ashamed. This is just a short to the point testimony, as I have plenty that I could share with you. I will be praying for you, and while I don't know all the answers, I am here for any questions or support for you in anything you decide.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MOUNTAINEER

I must confess, some parts of your story sound a bit wild, but I honestly believe it. Thank you for sharing your story with me. At moments in my life I have found Universal faith I believe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join