It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop WHINING!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So I posted a picture on facebook of me, flipping the bird.

Just me, wearing spikes, my hair styled the way I want it, smirking like a hardass, flipping the bird.

People FLIPPED out!

Everyone I talked to attacked me for posting the picture. Seriously!

"Oh, it offends me, it looks like it's flipping me off..."

So WHAT?!

Are you SERIOUS?!

These same people who whoot and holler when teenagers post half-naked pics of themselves--a lot of which I can see on my facebook--have the nerve to say my picture is offensive.

Is that what society is?

Because I'm doing something mildly aggressive, I'm a bad guy.

But the teenagers can strip for them, and that's socially acceptable.

GOD people are ignorant!

Do any of you see the hypocrasy consuming our people nowadays?!

Only the bad things that they agree with are okay.

The bad things I like, however (not even bad, just mildly assertive), are evil and wrong.

God, get OVER yourselves!

Society, stop sucking your thumb! Yeah, and realize that I am NOT your damn robot, and I'm not gonna do everything you WANT me to do. It's justifiable for my friends to be orgy-friendly, but when I'm assertive in any way shape or form, I'm an evil satan-worshiping devil woman.

My mom can cuss like a sailor, but I'm not allowed to cuss around her. Really? I'm 19. Not a child. Not a little one, at least. I can say whatever I please.

All I'm saying is, if you're gonna put fourth the effort to whine about something regarding morals--Make sure you actually HAVE morals to WHINE about.

Its the very LEAST you can do.

If you cuss, shut the hell up about people cussing.

If you're loose, stop whining about how people use you.

If you're fat, STAY AWAY from McDonalds.

Don't whine about everything that's wrong with me, because you're nothing better.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wow, Planet Skaro must be a crappy place to live if you can't even flip the bird without criticism. Either that or your friends are not your friends.

Eta: Sorry, I admit I got halfway down your post and stopped reading. Just read the rest and noticed that you're only 19 and it's probably family members who disapprove.

Your elders will regularly disapprove even when you're 50 years old. Don't let it get to you. Seriously, just be you and they will come to love you for it.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Although I do understand your point, I'm going to play Captain Obvious and stamp this thread with the Irony stamp

edit on 19-3-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I get what you're saying, but I'm in my early 40's,, married with two daughters and I STILL don't cuss around my mom. For me, it's out of respect for my mom. I could, but I don't. Maybe it's a Southern thing.

link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The irony is what makes it so delightful.

link   
why post the rant here?
post it on fakebook

link   
at least you didnt have your finger were it shouldnt be

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Nudity isn't offensive, however it can be inappropriate.

Sounds like you want attention and you got it, so what now?

You think people are going to say "Nice pic!" when you're dressed like a freak and flipping the camera off?

HIGH SCHOOL! THESE PROBLEMS MATTER!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Perhaps people think you're a dick for other reasons, like, I dunno, being a hypocrite, or making assumptions about things that have nothing to do with you...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Meh, it's your Facebook account so post what you like. If people are acting stupid about it simply block them from your account. If for some reason you don't wish to do that try posting a caption under the photo with something like "My social comment of the day".

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Part of being an adult means stating your opinion (your rant) to the adults directly (rather than unaffiliated Internet strangers).

The second part is to learn to not be emotionally affected anymore by things like this. Otherwise the people you have a right to be viewed as an adult by will continue to affect your thinking/behavior inappropriately.

Despite proving myself to the world intellectually, responsibly, and morally, my mother will always treat me like a child in countless ways... without certain appropriate levels of due respect. I'm 32 and I've learned to not let it affect me emotionally anymore -- it's her problem after all (the fact that she can't acknowledge this as inappropriate despite me telling her countless times that it bothers me, or used to, that is).

Post another flipping two birds, I say.

Facebook started out as a way for college-aged people to flirt/pursue RL relationships, to plan RL hanging out and parties. Over the years it turned into a privacy-depleting, let's spend our time on Facebook instead of RL, let's try to replace healthy levels of RL social interaction with 5 minutes of often indirect (consider what your wall would look like if it only showed direct-to-you communication instead of blanket "to everyone" blurbs) "social interaction" void. People should push back against the fact that we have less and less social time by demanding more personal time balance with their careers. Instead they're all lying to themselves that Facebook is an equivalent.

Yes I ditched Facebook long ago, heh.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Sounds like your "friends" on FaceBook aren't really your friends. You probably have a kagilion friends that you don't know, am I right? If so, clean that list up. Keep your real friends that you actually socialize with. Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The irony in this thread...

You know what I don't understand is "when people are confidently right about something and still have to go rant about it on a conspiracy site to receive validation". It's maybe for a guy who has a pic of himself flippin off the camera. Btw, that's just rude man. It doesn't justify "my free rights and how other people are in the world" that's an excuse.

It's like if I made an animation gif of me flippin off the camera(you) and saying "Ef You" over and over and over again. In one animation. Wouldn't you feel offended after...a while?
That's just saying I have lost all my basic morals and manners in life and I don't have a problem flippin you off.

I'm hoping that you are younger than 20, if not then you need some maturing to do and growing up...I'm sorry if I sound harsh or come off rude, but someone has to say it.

eta: I understand that you not directing the pic towards anyone specific but it's just not a pleasant sight, just simple as that. Now if you took a pic of a beautiful sunset I would like that much better and give you a star

edit on 19-3-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

eta1.5: oh you 19 lol, you still have some time...
edit on 19-3-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

edit on 19-3-2013 by tinhattribunal because: just sayin' i like your rant

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Society, stop sucking your thumb! Yeah, and realize that I am NOT your damn robot, and I'm not gonna do everything you WANT me to do.

Except of course sign up to facebook and sell out your privacy

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Really? I'm 19. Not a child.

Sorry man, but your still a child. Don't believe that, oh I'm 18 now I'm an adult. Your not grown and mature until your 30's buddy. Being 18 the only thing it means is that you will be treated as an adult, it doesn't mean you are one.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I agree, craftspeople post what ever they want and you can't say anything to them. Oh but they sure think they have a right to tell you what you can post. I tell them all the time when they let me control what they post, then they can tell me what I post and until then shut up!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Really? I'm 19. Not a child.

Sorry man, but your still a child. Don't believe that, oh I'm 18 now I'm an adult. Your not grown and mature until your 30's buddy. Being 18 the only thing it means is that you will be treated as an adult, it doesn't mean you are one.

Is that a common thing for you, altering the definition of terms to suit your assumptions?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Nudity isn't offensive, however it can be inappropriate.

Sounds like you want attention and you got it, so what now?

You think people are going to say "Nice pic!" when you're dressed like a freak and flipping the camera off?

HIGH SCHOOL! THESE PROBLEMS MATTER!

Nudity IS offensive when its people YOUNGER than me, flashing their breasts around like they're sharing stone.

All I'm saying is, if they're okay with that, they have no reason to whine about my photo.

Like a freak? Boo hoo, that's the way I always look, all the time. That's who I am, and how I feel right. Get over it.

I didn't expect anyone to get all giddy about my picture. But, I also didn't expect them to whine about how offensive it is... these inhumanly perverse people talking smack about me. That's what gets to me.

In response to the others;

Although I do understand your point, I'm going to play Captain Obvious and stamp this thread with the Irony stamp

I'm not whining, I'm ranting. Kinda the point of the rant forum.

Perhaps people think you're a dick for other reasons, like, I dunno, being a hypocrite, or making assumptions about things that have nothing to do with you...

About what? Please explain. I observe them doing gross things online, and they don't have any right to whine to me about whatever might be wrong with me.

Eta: Sorry, I admit I got halfway down your post and stopped reading. Just read the rest and noticed that you're only 19 and it's probably family members who disapprove.

It was at first, that's why I made a different facebook account just for my friends. That's why I posted the picture, its a statement. I got tired of my family starting drama (and even lawsuits) just because they don't like what I have to say on facebook. The pic itself is a loud and clear message; I don't care what you say, I'll do as I please.

Thanks for the feedback

I get what you're saying, but I'm in my early 40's,, married with two daughters and I STILL don't cuss around my mom. For me, it's out of respect for my mom. I could, but I don't. Maybe it's a Southern thing.

Yeah, I'm a southerner myself. But the thing that gets me is, I may slip up around my mum, but she snaps at me like I slapped her when I do. She cusses more than half my friends!
Its not a big deal, just... stupid.

Btw, that's just rude man. It doesn't justify "my free rights and how other people are in the world" that's an excuse.

I'm not a "man," and its not offensive OR rude. If my friends don't have the decency to wait until I LEAVE the room to start an orgy, I'm not worried about them seeing me flip the bird. If you don't like my picture, don't look at it. Unfriend me. Whatever. Just don't whine to me like you know better than me. And, yes, I'm 19 years old. The fact that you didn't know how old I was shows me you didn't read the whole post.

I didn't say I was an adult, I said I wasn't a child. I know damn well I'm not as mature as I ought to be, but I'm not gonna admit any faults here.

edit on 19-3-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

It's called common sense, something people are lacking in this day in age greatly. Move on slave...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join